Hobby Lobby Co-Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hobby Lobby Co-Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.9

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Applied online, the recruiter set up a phone interview, I was then directed to do an online assessment. Once I passed that, the recruiter set up an appointment to come my area to interview me in person.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hobby Lobby

Co Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Phone interview, then online assessment that consisted of self ratings, logical thinking, problem solving, etc.

If you pass that, then next
    step are references via a 3rd party site.

Next step is then a 1 on 1 in person interview with recruiter.

Next step is meeting and walk with a store mgr. Evaluation forms to be submitted and then a job offer can happen.

Interview Questions

• Know your greatest accomplishments in all areas of work history. Be prepared to dissect these and explain who, what, when, where, why, etc. Including what could have been better, obstacles, feedback, what you learned, etc.   Answer Question
    • Relocation is a demand. Don't waste your time or theirs if you won't relocate going into as co-mgr. The job posting location doesn't mean that's where you will work.   Answer Question

Co- Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Traveled 2 hours for interview, in depth 2 hour interview, was told would be contacted personally, only to receive impersonal email almost 2 weeks later. Poor follow up for a company that prides itself on people.

Interview Questions

• Describe your management style   1 Answer

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Was very simple, two interviews standard question, the first was a phone interview with a recruiter the second was a face to face with a second recruiter. Never talk to the DM or Store manager

Co Manager Interview

Interview

Filled an application out. Got a phone interview. I rearranged my whole day and after 15 minutes of ME asking a.bunch of questions I was told I would get a call for the next step and an in person interview...3 days later on Sunday (the lords day) I get a form email telling me basically no thanks..and don't reply to this cause no one on the other end cares. We gor a better candidate. The job is still posted and recently renewed.

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby in August 2016.

Interview

Only chose to go through phone interview. Initially I applied and was contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. The morning of the interview I receive an automatic email stating they regret to inform me they will not be offering me employment at this time. Confused I forwarded that to the recruiter. She said she had no idea how that got sent to me....
    After checking out all the glass door reviews I pulled out things I thought were exaggerated like working up to 80 hours, having to work an open to close shift at least once a week, no PTO until after a year, being forced to relocate or there is no hope for promotion. When it came my turn to ask questions I confessed that I had seen some things on Glassdoor and hoped she could clear them up. Every item I brought up she verified. 65-75 hour work week except for Black Friday through mid January then it's an 80 hour work week. You are expected to work 6 days a week if your DM thinks your store is in need of it. You get one week vacation after a year and only earn 4.25 hours of PTO for every 30 days you work (capping out at 80 hours). If you can not relocate you WILL NOT be able to move up. Store managers are expected to pack up their lives and move where ever they are needed. No surprise since they act like they own you.
    Starting rate for a co-manager is $55-$65k/year with a $2500- $4000 bonus.
    There are only 2 salaried managers in most stores and you rotate Friday off/Saturday 7a-10pm every other week with Friday 7a-10pm/Saturday off. That means at peak business days you are running the store alone.

Read the reviews of the people who worked here and you can actually believe them.... if you want to know what you're getting yourself in to it's all right there.

I sent an email withdrawing my name because I love my family too much to put a company ahead of them.

It may be for some but not for me...

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate? What made you interested in working at Hobby Lobby? Tell me about your work history? How many hours are you scheduled to work and how many hours do you actually work? If you're scheduled to work 40 hours are you willing to stay if your store needs it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Columbus, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

Very detailed. Two interviews (first one with recruiter 3 hours+). Plus self-assessment. Plus email to business and personal contacts. Just want to make sure they are hiring the right candidate.

Interview Questions

• Previous work responsibilities.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2016.

Interview

first a phone interview, where you walk them trough your experience and answer several questions about you and your previous employer. than I had an actual face to face interview where i was told all about the company, waklked the store and answered some more interview questions

Interview Questions

• 1. walk me trough your career with your last employer
      2. why did you leave that employer
      3. What are your greatest strengths
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Phone interview. Lasted approx 10 min. Went over prior work history asked career goals and willingness to relocate. Was a very quick phone interview. Asked if there would be any reason not to accept offer if given. Seemed very routine for the interviewer not a lot of energy in the conversation

Interview Questions

• Are you Willing to relocate   1 Answer

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Basic interview processes with the exception of amount of references asked for on applications. Very nice and positive individuals interview you. However, a true day-to-day account of the job is not given. Hobby Lobby is a very successful company, but can be cruel to its employees with the work load demand...make sure you question recruiters and HR individuals thoroughly before contemplating a job with this company. Hobby Lobby processes are completely task driven, time intensive, and physically taxing to say the least. Your job becomes your life, which means the family and personal life goes to the wayside.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions...are very interested in interaction with cohorts.   Answer Question