Hobby Lobby Department Head/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hobby Lobby Department Head/Cashier Interview Questions

2.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very easy and basic interview process and questions with the store manager. Manager was very nice and respectful.

Interview was followed with a simple 16 math test questions, like multiplication and percentages, and no specific time to finish the test while doing in the office or in the break room.

Standard interview questions
Personality based questions
Few trick questions
You wait while manager grade the test

Interview Questions

• available schedule hours.
    schools schedule.
    available to work in the evenings and weekends.
    past experiences (jobs and school).
    customer service experience questions, difficulties in work, and the way you handled them.
    Hobby Lobby is a religious company but they never talk about it during the interview, but they say that they don’t open on sundays.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hobby Lobby

Department Head/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby in August 2014.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very quick. You have to be proactive and reach out to the manager (ideally in person) if you want the job. The interview was a little tedious for a simple retail job. They asked standard questions about strengths and weaknesses, why you want the job, what you'll bring to the table, etc. There is also an untimed written math test at the end.

Interview Questions

• The math test was surprisingly challenging, as it was work I hadn't had to do since I was in high school. It's pretty basic, addition and subtraction (which is easy), but you should refresh your memory on calculating percentages without a calculator.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation. They're pretty set on the fact that they'll start you at the base pay and based on your performance you could potentially get a raise after several months.

Department Head/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

just talked to manager told him that i enjoyied many of the crafts that they sell so i would be a.ble to help customers easily. was flexible with my hours so that was a plus. as long as you are friendly and able to talk comfortably with customers you should have no problem passing the interview part.

Interview Questions

• there is a math test that can be difficult if you are not used to not using a calculator. there are reg. testing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

they will start you at low as poss.

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Colorado Springs, CO) in October 2011.

Interview

Pretty standard interview. I was asked about my past job experience and was told about basic job functions and expectations, including cashiering, ordering, stocking, and daily store upkeep. Pay and benefits were explained. I was asked if I would be interested in the job as described, and did I think I could do the job. I was offered the job if I wanted it, and was given the opportunity to discuss it with my family first and respond by phone with my decision.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had any time commitments on my calendar in the near future that would prevent my working a full schedule.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Easley, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Easley, SC) in February 2010.

Interview

After filling out my Application I spoke with Managment and went back the following day for Interview. Then on the third day went for training. Watched Videos and then did my in-store traning with Jessica

Interview Questions

• What makes you useful to our company   1 Answer