Hobby Lobby Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hobby Lobby Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.2

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Usual questions such as describe yourself and Why Hobby Lobby.

Department Manager Interview

Interview

Very short--I was only asked 2-3 questions. I knew someone in the company, so that's how I got the interview.

Interview Questions

• "Would you be interested in moving to another department if there was a need?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Also very short--it honestly extended into my first few days at the job. I had applied for a cash-handling position, but was made a department manager instead.

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

When you apply have to wait for an initial phone interview. If they like you then you go to a second interview with HR. If HR likes you interview with one of the store managers. They also give you an overview of what is required to do. If they like you the call you about a week later with an offer. The whole process takes about a month to month and a half.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you need to improve on? Why are you leaving you current job? Why Hobby Lobby?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They have a salary range. They usually stay in that range that is not very wide.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Met with the manager and answered a few generic HR questions. We were required to take a very simple math test, in which we could use a calculator. Afterwards we discussed how to memorize the sale ad and discussed pay. I was given a quick tour of the breakroom and shown where to go for the schedule.

Stockman Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Applied for position at local store, got a phone call a week later. Was asked about work ethic mainly and hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• It appears that so long as you work hard and aren't completely inept that there is a position available   Answer Question

Co-Manager Interview

Interview

Very extensive , over three months starting with online app then a number of tele interviews followed by an online assessment test running about two hours then a face to face with recruiter covering over two hrs at which I felt went well but after taking offer I have doubts that my recruiter knows the true reality of what actually is going on in these stores. I was quoted average work week of 55 hrs except holidays but in reality is 65+ and at no time was I told that I would be required to work 7:30am to 10:pm with no chance to grab a meal let alone to use the restroom. Ether my recruiter is naive or bs artist.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward as for salary and bonus

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

I got a phone call from Hobby Lobby and they asked me which day and time would be best for me to come interview.

I got there and sat down with the manager at his office.

I took a short math test, since I was applying for cashier position.

There was the standard sorts of questions about "what are your skills and experiences" and "what are your weaknesses" "what do you bring to the team"
    The manager was very interested in making sure I'd had experience in retail before, and was able to learn and react to different situations.

Interview Questions

• "Why should I hire you instead of anyone else who applied"   Answer Question

Office Clerk Interview

Interview

Hiring event for new store opening. Advertised that they were seeking office help as well as cashiers and department employees. Arrived at hiring event to fined out they were in fact not looking for office help. Did not proceed with interview.

Cashiers Interview

Interview

Took 2 weeks. Interviewed with manager then offered position a few days later. There were very redundant questions that upper management requires. Overall was quick and easy. It's just retail.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult customer service issue and give exact example   1 Answer

Montgomery Co-manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

I had to call and check the status of my applications. I applied and never heard anything. I called the corporate office the lady I spoke to was nice. She forwarded my information to the proper recruiter. He called me at an unscheduled time and interviewed me. . Of course it was just because I called the corporate office because he was just going through the motion.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions   1 Answer