Hobby Lobby Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.3

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview itself was pretty standard. Most questions were behavioral based. There is a math test at the end of the interview which requires that cannot use a calculator.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Interview was a job fair for new store. Two managers interviewed many applicants, often two in a room. District manager was present.
    Most applicants were accepted, however these workers were part of the build up for the store. Consider this another stage in the interview. The new store was staffed by over 60 people, until after the first week, when it was downsized to 45.

Retail Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Stillwater, OK) in September 2017.

Interview

Simple 16 question math test which covered percents, addition, multiplication, subtraction, percent discounts, and adding sales tax to a total. No time limit and no calculators and you're given scratch paper. Went through the interview and they read off of a sheet and they write down the answers you give them. Easy.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

It was a short interview. I was only asked a few questions: one of which was why I wanted to work at Hobby Lobby and another one was if I was crafty.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Hobby Lobby?   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Rogers, AR) in August 2017.

Interview

Went in, was asked questions about my previous jobs, and to describe what I did. They then told me they would call back in a week or two. Asked me if I was in it for the money or to actually work.. Honestly just need to work. Felt a little bit uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with standing for a long time?
      Are there any days that you will miss?   Answer Question

Various/Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied on a Tuesday, checked in Thursday, girl took down my name. Called again following Tuesday, lady was rude and brushed me off. Got called on Wednesday to come in for an interview that day. Manager asked me to come back the next week's Friday for orientation.

Interview Questions

• What do/don't you like about your job?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Hobby Lobby?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Co-Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

I was on LinkedIn and noticed that Hobby Lobby made a post and basically asked if you were interested in a career to click the link and a recruiter will call you if something fits. I was then contacted on LinkedIn by the recruiters assistant to set up a phone conversation. This first conversation over the phone was pretty basic. Asked questions about my work history and why Hobby Lobby. Was more them telling me about opportunities with the company. She then forward a link for a Co-Manager position in my area and told me to apply and thay she would forward my info over to the recruiter from my area.
    About an hour after applying I received an email from my local recruiter with a request to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was really simple as well. Why Hobby Lobby? Why did you leave your last job? Tell me about your leadership style? What irritates you the most about fellow Co workers? What was your least favorite thing to do at your last job? They also talked a lot about the company and the hours involved... told me it was going to a hands on position and during the Christmas season you will work 6 days a week. Also told me starting salary in my area for Co-Manager was 55k to 62k base and a bonus in December. After the phone interview they sent me an online assesment. Mostly logical stuff with some behavior type questions. I was done in 33 minutes.. nothing out of the ordinary on there if you have any background in leadership. After that they send over a request for references. This is all done via email and an online questioner about you... you have to have 7 - 10 references fill this out. The next day after getting everyone to send in the references I got an email to set up a face to face interview at the store with my recruiter... this interview was mostly them talking about the company and asking a few questions here and there to see how you would handle some situations. Then I was asked to come back and walk with the store manager before an offer.

Cards and Party Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

1. Phone Interview (20 min)
    2. Off-Site (at home) Design Test (1-2 evenings)
    3. In Person Interview (4 hours which contains an hour interview and a 2 1/2 hour on site design test)
    4. Second In Person Interview (1.5 hours which contains an interview and tour)

Interview Questions

• Describe Hobby Lobby's brand.   Answer Question
    • Who is Hobby Lobby's audience.   1 Answer
    • Explain your process behind each of your at home design test pieces.   Answer Question
    • Was there a particular project with the on site design test that you struggled with?   Answer Question
    • How many projects do you typically have on your plate at one time?   Answer Question
    • Do you have strong typography knowledge? And can you manipulate fonts? Please show examples in your portfolio of where you have manipulated fonts.   Answer Question
    • For you, what is the hardest part of graphic design?   Answer Question
    • Where do you offer the most skill?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

You walk in and there is a math test which wasn't told to us before hand because it's a hiring event of 200+ people atleast. Which makes no sense because the registers and calculators if the register malfunctions you can use to calculate how much 7 1/2 sales tax is. You have to get minimum 8 right. You wait in line for the interview, 30 minutes atleast then you go up shake their hand introduce yourself and sit down then they grade the test. 20-30 seconds later I failed by one question and was told sorry and to leave.

Department Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottumwa, IA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Ottumwa, IA) in June 2017.

Interview

Hired as a temp to set up a new store. We were informed that only a few would be full time at store opening. We set up the store and we're told who the department leads were then some were let go as we were told.

Interview Questions

• We were asked if we understood that we may be let go if deemed necessary   1 Answer