Hobby Lobby Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.2

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Edmond, OK) in December 2016.

Interview

It was fast it was in an open atmosphere not in an office it was friendly it was skilled test it had a math test the interview was a at a hotel filled out forms waited for an interview at location

Department Head Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Got a call of an in-person interview with the store manager. It lasted about 20 minutes. Ended up waiting couple days for background check to go through before getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Hobby Lobby?   1 Answer

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Once you are called for interview, you have to be taken to the back of the store by the manager. He sits you down and asks you questions from a pamphlet. He then records your responses. Next he will give you a sheet which contains the Math Test. If you aren't good with math you should study the following: Basic Addition, Subtraction, Multiplcation, Division and also REALLY important to study adding sales tax percentages and subtracting discount percentages. Some places may test you first then interview you or vice versa. If you don't pass the test you won't be hired. PS: Be familiar with your states sale tax % and percentages in general.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Dublin, CA).

Interview

You can't apply online you have to get a application in store. They call you for a Interview. Then they give you an offer or don't give you a offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer

Seasonal Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Orlando, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Process was very casual and relaxed. Lasted about 45 minutes. They did have you take a basic math test at end with no calculator. Less than 20 questions though and basic math skills. Seasonal help, no set hours and need to be flexible and available days, nights and Saturdays but that's typical for seasonal help.

Interview Questions

• Asked if you knew anything about the company, what hours you were available, what your strengths and weaknesses are, etc.   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in November 2016.

Interview

Very basic questions. If he liked you, he hired you. They want to know you are there to work and not play. they want you to be dedicated hard working, non judgemental.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Beaumont, TX).

Interview

Manager called me at home to come in and sit with her and the co-manager. I met with them and just had a casual conversation about my resume. We discussed my career change from the medical field to retail. They both went over what working there entailed and asked if I could do it. They were impressed our conversation.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work there?
      What kinds of experiences did I have in retail?
      1 Answer

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Greenville, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Hobby Lobby conducted a 3-day hiring event at a local hotel in Greenville, TX. They interviewed for 40 positions. My number was 996. All of the interviewers were pleasant enough, although weary. The process was time consuming but fairly typical, except for a few points that fall into a gray area. 1) To be considered for an interview, applicants must sign a legal binding arbitration agreement, printed in the smallest font available. Then must sign two more times confirming that you read, understood & signed the first legal jargoned agreement.
    2) Religion is a very good thing, but not in the workplace. That might be awesome for some people, but my relationship with God is mine, not my employers.
    I do like Hobby Lobby & enjoy shopping there. Their interview process, however, changed my perception of their inner workings. Obviously, Hobby Lobby takes care of business, but I question how they take care of their employees.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest accomplishment?   1 Answer

Stockman Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby in October 2016.

Interview

It was very quick. I walked in and talked to a CSM to let them know I was there for an interview. The store manager met me at the front of the store and took me to a backroom. She asked some basic questions and then I was later called back for a math test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was light and easy. My now boss called me about a week and a half after I applied for the job. I came in and we went over my application together. He asked what I would like to be paid hourly and wrote it down. I took a short math test to see how good I would be on the register and I passed with 100. The next week I started working on the register.

Interview Questions

• My now boss asked me what I would like to be paid hourly starting off, which was refreshing and surprising, and I could already tell that Hobby Lobby would accommodate my needs as much as possible.   1 Answer