Hobby Lobby Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hobby Lobby Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.2

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

I turned my app in at the store. I called 10 days later to followup. I got a call for an interview a week later. My interview went great and I had to take a math test without a calculator. He called the next day to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Hobby Lobby? Why dI'd you decide to apply here? What is your idea of good attendance?   Answer Question

ASM Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Phone interview with typical questions about management style. Questions were based on past experiences and seemed focused on management style,motivation and self evaluation. Interviewer was friendly and genuinely seemed to care about the candidate and placing a good match.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to re locate   1 Answer

Negotiation

Haven't got that far yet...my understanding is there is little room. The base salary for an ASM was higher than I anticipated which was refreshing

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Turned in application in store, was called two days later to come in for an interview. Sat down with manager and talked just a little about interests and hobbies, shared a little about myself. Manager asked questions from pre typed paper and jotted down notes. and then took a math test.

Interview Questions

• What do you enjoy doing in your free time?   1 Answer

Stockman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Carmel, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

Called a few times after not hearing back after turning in application. Had a quick interview the next day after I got ahold of the store manager. He asked questions from a packet and wrote down my answers as we went. At the end I took a math test that was 16 questions and you have to get 8 right to pass. The test wasn't checked and the manager just put it with the notes packet. I was offered a job on the spot. Started filling out paperwork that same day and started working two days later.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier/Stockman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Columbus, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

I turned in an application on a Saturday and the store manager called me the very next Monday letting me know that I could come in for an interview, considering they are closed on Sundays it is very nice that they got back to me in only 2 days. The store manager told me to come in for an interview on Tuesday (as in the very next day). I got there and asked a CSM where the manager was and he pointed me in the right direction, the manager had me take a short math test composed mainly of decimal math. After I finished the test (which I was left alone in a room to take) I took it to the store manager who then sat me down for an interview (he barely glanced at the test out of the corner of his eye, so I don't think it has much to do with the final decision). He asked me basic interview questions such as "Why do you want to work here?", "Are you available nights and weekends?", things of that nature. after about a 10 minute interview as well as the test (took me maybe 15 minutes) he said that he thought I would be a great addition to the store and hired me on the spot (the only thing he said that may turn some people from the job is "This is going into our busy season so you may have to work a lot of weekends and night." Personally I didn't mind so I said yes and so far I have worked every weekend and nearly all of the have been to closing.) He told me that base pay was $10.23 and asked me if I could start Wednesday (as in that very next day) to which I said yes.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work a lot of nights and weekends?   1 Answer

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Columbus, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

Very detailed. Two interviews (first one with recruiter 3 hours+). Plus self-assessment. Plus email to business and personal contacts. Just want to make sure they are hiring the right candidate.

Interview Questions

• Previous work responsibilities.   1 Answer

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Angola, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Angola, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was Short and Sweet. Kind manager who was easy to talk too and was a very comfortable and casual setting. There was a surprise Math Test for basic math functions, in order to assess if the future employee could be smart enough to calculate future sales that will be held within the store.

Interview Questions

• Why did you come to Hobby Lobby Specifically?   1 Answer

Senior Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Apply, phone recruiter calls you then your waiting to see if they want to have a face to face. I have 25 years retail experience, 15 in management over 2 jobs and this wasn't what they were seeking?!?

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Columbia, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

I was asked behavioral questions such as how would you handle a situation if you disagreed with the supervisor? Or How would you deal with a customer that had an issue and was starting to get irate?They also make you take a math test be prepared to do it with out a calculator.

Interview Questions

• What to you expect when working with others?   1 Answer

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby in May 2016.

Interview

A short interview with generic questions followed by a basic math test. I applied in person and submitted my application. I received a phone call to schedule an interview less than a week later.