Hobby Lobby Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.2

Part Time Cashier/Stockman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Columbus, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

I turned in an application on a Saturday and the store manager called me the very next Monday letting me know that I could come in for an interview, considering they are closed on Sundays it is very nice that they got back to me in only 2 days. The store manager told me to come in for an interview on Tuesday (as in the very next day). I got there and asked a CSM where the manager was and he pointed me in the right direction, the manager had me take a short math test composed mainly of decimal math. After I finished the test (which I was left alone in a room to take) I took it to the store manager who then sat me down for an interview (he barely glanced at the test out of the corner of his eye, so I don't think it has much to do with the final decision). He asked me basic interview questions such as "Why do you want to work here?", "Are you available nights and weekends?", things of that nature. after about a 10 minute interview as well as the test (took me maybe 15 minutes) he said that he thought I would be a great addition to the store and hired me on the spot (the only thing he said that may turn some people from the job is "This is going into our busy season so you may have to work a lot of weekends and night." Personally I didn't mind so I said yes and so far I have worked every weekend and nearly all of the have been to closing.) He told me that base pay was $10.23 and asked me if I could start Wednesday (as in that very next day) to which I said yes.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work a lot of nights and weekends?   1 Answer

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Angola, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Angola, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was Short and Sweet. Kind manager who was easy to talk too and was a very comfortable and casual setting. There was a surprise Math Test for basic math functions, in order to assess if the future employee could be smart enough to calculate future sales that will be held within the store.

Interview Questions

• Why did you come to Hobby Lobby Specifically?   1 Answer

Senior Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Apply, phone recruiter calls you then your waiting to see if they want to have a face to face. I have 25 years retail experience, 15 in management over 2 jobs and this wasn't what they were seeking?!?

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Columbia, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

I was asked behavioral questions such as how would you handle a situation if you disagreed with the supervisor? Or How would you deal with a customer that had an issue and was starting to get irate?They also make you take a math test be prepared to do it with out a calculator.

Interview Questions

• What to you expect when working with others?   1 Answer

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby in May 2016.

Interview

A short interview with generic questions followed by a basic math test. I applied in person and submitted my application. I received a phone call to schedule an interview less than a week later.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Basic interview with all the typical questions related to retail and customer service. Interview was not difficult. Discussed past retail experience, went over resume, talked about the job requirements and role.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with difficult customers in the past?   Answer Question

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2016.

Interview

first a phone interview, where you walk them trough your experience and answer several questions about you and your previous employer. than I had an actual face to face interview where i was told all about the company, waklked the store and answered some more interview questions

Interview Questions

• 1. walk me trough your career with your last employer
      2. why did you leave that employer
      3. What are your greatest strengths
      Answer Question

Cashier/Stockman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muncie, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Muncie, IN) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview went very well. I sat down with the store manager and he asked me all of the typical interview questions like "what are your strengths/weaknesses?" "why do you want to work for Hobby Lobby?" "How would you deal with a rude customer?" etc. He also had me take a 16 question math test involving percentages, adding/subtracting and calculating the price of an item after a discount or sales tax. You only have to get 8 right in order to pass. Just make sure you brush up on these concepts and you'll be fine. Overall pretty standard and easy interview. The store manager said he'd give me a call on a certain day if I got the job and never heard back from him after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weaknesses?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Charlotte, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

It was for a new store opening. Over 500 people were in line the first day of four. After standing in line for 2 hours, you took a math test. If you passed, you got interview 2 days later. At that, you were told that all positions were already filled.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby in March 2016.

Interview

Went in for the interview and it last about 30 minutes. Walled around the warehouse and then the interviewer asked me what I be interested in the job, and I said I would love to, and could I start today and he said no tomorrow..

Interview Questions

• would I be interested in the job   1 Answer