Hobby Lobby Part Time Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hobby Lobby Part Time Cashier Interview Questions

2.2

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby in September 2016.

Interview

(College student) First I will mention, make sure you are dedicated to working hard and not looking for a slack off job, because of the high pay (10.23 PT and 15 something FullT.) they are very picky on who they will want to hire. Anyways.... I saw a sign on the doors that said they were hiring part time cashiers, went in and asked for an application. It was a paper application. Turned it in the next day. Got a call about a week later. Interview questions were the same questions you will always get asked during an interview. After some questions he would explain what they are looking for and whatnot. One of the questions was what I know about Hobby Lobby.after he said that the answer he always gets is that it is a Christian company. I did not mention that it was a Christian Company. I knew that it was, but didn't really feel that it had to be said just because that's what EVERYONE knows. So I wanted to say stuff that others may not say as much. Took a math test of 16 questions. basic multiplication, subtraction, addition. There were also percentage/tax questions. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW HOW TO WORK WITH DECIMALS WHEN MULTIPLYING. I haven't done that kind of math by hand in so long it took me a while to remember the rules with decimals. With hours,they said it will be 20 - 25 hours. Not bad. And they were willing to work with my school schedule, especially when finals comes along.

Interview Questions

• Why Hobby Lobby?   1 Answer
  • What is good attendance to you?   1 Answer
  • One thing you like about your last job?   1 Answer
  • Since you did freight at your last job, how did that go? (so did things come in boxes? unload truck or not? etc.)   1 Answer
  • What do you know about Hobby Lobby?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hobby Lobby

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

I turned my app in at the store. I called 10 days later to followup. I got a call for an interview a week later. My interview went great and I had to take a math test without a calculator. He called the next day to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Hobby Lobby? Why dI'd you decide to apply here? What is your idea of good attendance?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Turned in application in store, was called two days later to come in for an interview. Sat down with manager and talked just a little about interests and hobbies, shared a little about myself. Manager asked questions from pre typed paper and jotted down notes. and then took a math test.

Interview Questions

• What do you enjoy doing in your free time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Rockford, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Easy questions. Layed back. Between the call and last interview was less than a week. 16 question math test.. had to get 8 right.. basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

I had a brief, informal interview with one of the managers. He asked the standard basic questions you would expect to be asked at an interview.I was then asked to take a math test that included questions pertaining to things such as calculating percentages, sales tax ext.

Anonymous Employee in Bartlett, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Bartlett, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a very quick process. Just know math and customer service qualities.They would like for you to be flexible in schedule.It was very quick and down to business. The manager wad very nice when interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• How flexible my schedule was?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Athens, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

A few basic interview questions. He seemed like he didn't want to be there.
    I had to take a 25 question math quiz with basic math questions.
    The interview was honestly, pretty pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

I knew the manager and kept going up there to show i wanted to work there. They were very nice and gave me a "test" to take to show math skills

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Basic interview with a surprise math test at the end. Nothing really special just asking about experience and what you can do for them. Trust me once hired you find out their training sucks and they basically have you hover over someone on the register for a couple of hours then put you alone and expect you to know it all. This is a ridiculous way of managing things.

Interview Questions

• If you can pass a math test you have a job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Casper, WY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Casper, WY) in July 2013.

Interview

It is a very easy interview, I would guess depending on the manager for the store you are applying at. As long as you can get a good laugh out of the person and pass the math test or acknowledge that you are unsure but with a little teaching you will know exactly what to do, then you will be hired.

It took about 20 minutes, the same day I interviewed I got a schedule for the rest of the week as well as the required shirts, and was sent on my way.