Hogan & Hartson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hogan & Hartson Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hogan & Hartson

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hogan & Hartson in September 2009.

Interview

Easy process - met with HR and then hiring manager in same day.

Partner Compensation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hogan & Hartson in November 2009.

Interview

phone interview first (they call you without a notice), calls you in for a skills test -- if you pass the HR person will interview right away (so be prepared, hopefully you'll pass the test and go on the first round of interview which they don't tell you about). if they like you, they'll set up an interview with the manager/person you'd be reporting to directly.

Interview Questions

• the phone and the first round in-person interview were both unexpected as they didn't give me a previous notice. the questions weren't that difficult to answer, though.   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hogan & Hartson in June 2009.

Interview

Interview set up through a recruiter. Met with an attorney, an HR recruiter and a telephone interview with an HR person. Went through background check and skills test. Got along OK with the attorney. Work environment has changed drastically for the worst after two years, after the merger with Lovells. No longer a good work environment or good benefits. Benefits decreased. Management wants no communication with support staff. Never asked for input -- just told to 'Do it. Everybody has got to do more with less.' Meanwhile, the HR staff has money in their budget to get together and celebrate birthdays every month!

Interview Questions

• Routine questions, such as, Describe the most difficult attorney you worked with and how you managed to get along.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They met my salary requirements, then eventually froze it. I was told they had a ceiling for the job description, which I was not not aware of up front.