Holcim (US) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Holcim (US) Interview Questions

3.3

Controller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Holcim (US) in January 2011.

Interview

Several steps for interview including 2 phone interviews, one pre-interview on site, another 4 hour interview in the TSI style where 3 high level managers asked pointed questions that had to be answered in the STAR format: Situation, Task, Action, Result. This interview was followed up with an interview with the SVP of Manufacturing. Then I was called back for an interview with the entire Management Team, who then made a decision as to whether I was a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst decision you ever made?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate very little on salary and was able to get 3 weeks of vacation to start.

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trident, MT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holcim (US) (Trident, MT) in December 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, personal interview, and plant tour. Honest and helpful company information. Background check was very slow but contacts were very easy to reach. The plant tour gave a great perspective on everyday life at work.

Interview Questions

• Give an instance where you have had to supervise someone.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sainte Genevieve, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Holcim (US) (Sainte Genevieve, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

A general phone interview followed by an in person interview and plant tour. They rely on the S.T.A.R. interview method, so make sure to review that and have answers prepared to questions they might ask.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you struggled and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Technical Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holcim (US) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process is clearly defined and explained by the interviewers. Two groups of people asked similar questions. The interviewers expect to hear detailed and specific examples that relate to job description must be provided.

Interview Questions

• Describe an event when you have to negotiate with internal customers the scope of a project and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Holcim (US) in October 2010.

Interview

Two behavioral interview, each one with 2 persons. The first group interview was conducted by the hiring manager and HR manager. The second interview was held by the a regional controller and by the director of finance.

Interview Questions

• Working with people from diverse backgrounds can be difficult. Tell e about a time when you faced a significant challenge working with people from different organizations.   Answer Question

Senior IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dundee, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holcim (US) (Dundee, MI) in April 2012.

Interview

General answers to questions on type of person you were. Technical questions were average. Would have expected more questions on what I would have done in a given situation. Wasn't concerned with certifications, versus real world experiences. Internal promotions were less than satisfying. Promoting from within should be more prevalent, and promote teamwork and dedication to Holcim.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected was asked or even difficult. Was satisfied with the questions and weren't difficult to respond to.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary.

Electrical Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomsdale, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holcim (US) (Bloomsdale, MO) in September 2011.

Interview

Long and tedious ask lots of questions lots of hands on practical tests come after you have passed written test then physical abillity test then you have to take drug test also drug test are in a lottey after employment