Holiday Inn Express Front Desk Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 21, 2017

1.8

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Was actually interviewed by three managers for three different properties at the same time. Got offers from all three. They mostly asked about emergency response and how to handle difficult guests (of which there are many, customers in the hospitality industry are the most entitled).

Interview Questions

• How do you respond to a guest who is angry and all solutions in the guidebook have not worked?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Holiday Inn Express

Anonymous Employee in Lake Oswego, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Lake Oswego, OR) in August 2017.

Interview

Long and boring. Expect to talk a lot about the GM or yourself. Just be confident. Good luck! Be yourself. It's basically a way to see if the manager would be willing to work with you and if you are a good fit for there chemistry of their team.

Anonymous Employee in Garden Grove, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Garden Grove, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

the hiring and interview process was really smooth. The manager just asked simple questions, really easy! He made you feel comfortable and I got hired on the spot! I started the following week at my job for two weeks training .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Mount Laurel, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call for an interview after 3 days. Interviewed at Holiday Inn Express, Mount Laurel,NJ. Took to an interview room. Interviewed by 2 HR people. asked simple questions. They told they had completed 30 interviews for the position,the same day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Palm Bay, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online, a few days later got a call to come in for an interview. Sat down with the Front Office Manager in the breakfast/lobby area. She had a few questions, just confirming what was on my resume. I thought everything went well, she said the Hotel Manager would give me a call for another interview. Didn't get a call back.

Interview Questions

• How would I mange a client that smoked in a non-smoking room?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Cleveland, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

An application can be filled out at the desk that makes its way to the GM and/or owner. He pulls from the top when hiring, throwing out undesirable applications. This can be accelerated by calling about your application. The interview is with the owner, which is overly personal. Your qualifications hardly matter if you're a decent person and he likes you. Call back, hiring, and training is almost immediate.

Interview Questions

• Do you go to church anywhere?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Logansport, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Logansport, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by Assistant General Manager who was a recent new hire himself. Who then recommended a second interview with General Manager who hired me on spot pending background check.

Interview Questions

• If I was able to commit long-term due to a high ratio of resignations or termination.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Inver Grove Heights, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Inver Grove Heights, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job through Craigslist.org and received a phone call within a few days. Set up the interview with the Assistant General Manager (AGM) and we sat in the breakfast area. He didn't really ask me anything. He was super nervous and said how new he was and that his boss, the General Manager, would be following up with a second interview later in the week.
    When I met with the GM, I was asked all sorts of typical interview questions. He said they had lots of candidates and that I would get a call within a few days to know whether or not I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Frankenmuth, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Frankenmuth, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

My interview was wonderful. Beautiful hotel and nice General Manager. We sat in the meeting room and he asked me about my interest in the hotel industry, my experience as a salesperson and what my aspirations were.

Anonymous Employee in Roselle, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Roselle, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview with HR manager and Front desk manager. It was very pleasant experience as it was quite small hotel. They asked basic questions about customer service, asked additional questions concerning my CV.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience in customer service.   1 Answer