Holiday Inn Express Front Desk Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Holiday Inn Express Front Desk Agent Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Palm Bay, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online, a few days later got a call to come in for an interview. Sat down with the Front Office Manager in the breakfast/lobby area. She had a few questions, just confirming what was on my resume. I thought everything went well, she said the Hotel Manager would give me a call for another interview. Didn't get a call back.

Interview Questions

• How would I mange a client that smoked in a non-smoking room?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Holiday Inn Express

Anonymous Employee in Logansport, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Logansport, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by Assistant General Manager who was a recent new hire himself. Who then recommended a second interview with General Manager who hired me on spot pending background check.

Interview Questions

• If I was able to commit long-term due to a high ratio of resignations or termination.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Inver Grove Heights, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Inver Grove Heights, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job through Craigslist.org and received a phone call within a few days. Set up the interview with the Assistant General Manager (AGM) and we sat in the breakfast area. He didn't really ask me anything. He was super nervous and said how new he was and that his boss, the General Manager, would be following up with a second interview later in the week.
    When I met with the GM, I was asked all sorts of typical interview questions. He said they had lots of candidates and that I would get a call within a few days to know whether or not I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Frankenmuth, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Frankenmuth, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

My interview was wonderful. Beautiful hotel and nice General Manager. We sat in the meeting room and he asked me about my interest in the hotel industry, my experience as a salesperson and what my aspirations were.

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Berkeley, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was pretty brief, and the manager asked a lot of the typical questions. over all it was pretty straight forward and the staff were very polite, They didnt actually have an interview room but it was held in breakfast area and had to fill out application day of interview.

Interview Questions

• How much hotel experience do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Columbus, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied on indeed, was called a week later. Very easy and simple. Management is great and the interview was relaxed. I had a second interview that was easier than the first.

Anonymous Employee in Meadville, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Meadville, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was called for an interview a week or two after I submitted my application in person. I came in and interviewed with the GM, Office Manager, and Food and Beverage manager. I then was called in for a second interview with only the GM and Office Manager, I was called then about a week later confirming I received the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle rumors or "drama"?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Kennesaw, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

Because I knew the Front Desk Manager by working with her at a previous employer the application and interview process was completed within one day. Normally it would take up to two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult guest complaint you ever had and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever upsold a room and how much more were you able to sell it for?   Answer Question
    • What do you think is the most expensive bill at a hotel?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (San Diego, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Very Short Easy Process. Over the phone appointment set up for interview. During the in person interview the manager asked basic interview questions. Received a call the next day asking me to come in to fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions

• How would you apply your past work history in a hotel setting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Interview

One face to face interview then a phone call saying you got the job