Holiday Inn Express Front Desk Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Holiday Inn Express Front Desk Agent Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Palm Bay, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online, a few days later got a call to come in for an interview. Sat down with the Front Office Manager in the breakfast/lobby area. She had a few questions, just confirming what was on my resume. I thought everything went well, she said the Hotel Manager would give me a call for another interview. Didn't get a call back.

Interview Questions

• How would I mange a client that smoked in a non-smoking room?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Logansport, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Logansport, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by Assistant General Manager who was a recent new hire himself. Who then recommended a second interview with General Manager who hired me on spot pending background check.

Interview Questions

• If I was able to commit long-term due to a high ratio of resignations or termination.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Inver Grove Heights, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Inver Grove Heights, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job through Craigslist.org and received a phone call within a few days. Set up the interview with the Assistant General Manager (AGM) and we sat in the breakfast area. He didn't really ask me anything. He was super nervous and said how new he was and that his boss, the General Manager, would be following up with a second interview later in the week.
    When I met with the GM, I was asked all sorts of typical interview questions. He said they had lots of candidates and that I would get a call within a few days to know whether or not I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Lansing, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the Front Desk/Night Audit Position on a Thursday morning and was called to schedule an interview the same day. I interviewed that Monday. To my surprise, it was a group interview. Apparently, it was the first one they've done so they apologized for any kinks. I usually don't like group interviews, but this one was great. I was happy to have other people there to share the spotlight. We all equally got the opportunity to ask questions and input our opinions. There was a group of four of us and it lasted about an hour. I was called a few days later for a second interview. Yet another joint interview. It was only two of us. Lasted about half an hour. I was emailed the next day with a job offer. Whole process took about a week.

Interview Questions

• Did you do any research on us? What experience do you have that relates to the position you're applying for? How do you feel about cross-training? What is guest service to you? Where do you see yourself in five-ten years? What are your goals? Senario based questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Frankenmuth, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Frankenmuth, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

My interview was wonderful. Beautiful hotel and nice General Manager. We sat in the meeting room and he asked me about my interest in the hotel industry, my experience as a salesperson and what my aspirations were.

Anonymous Employee in Glen Rose, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Glen Rose, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple and expedited because of my previous experience. I filled out an application and was interviewed on the spot. The interviewing manager faxed my application and her notes to the owner. I received a phone call a couple of days later saying I was hired. *I didn't find out until my first paycheck that I was not being paid the already generously low compensation that I asked for and assumed I was receiving.

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Berkeley, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was pretty brief, and the manager asked a lot of the typical questions. over all it was pretty straight forward and the staff were very polite, They didnt actually have an interview room but it was held in breakfast area and had to fill out application day of interview.

Interview Questions

• How much hotel experience do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Columbus, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied on indeed, was called a week later. Very easy and simple. Management is great and the interview was relaxed. I had a second interview that was easier than the first.

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Fredericksburg, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very Brief ... as i discovered later on, they will hire just about anyone, no experience needed. Which is sad because i take the job seriously, seems like a waste of time most days.

Interview Questions

• Are you available 24 hours ? Really
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years ..... Knowing full well if you stay at this job you will never get a raise and in 5 years you will be right where you are now. I am not joking.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating permitted.... i was offered $9 per hour and told that i would get a raise "down the road" ... no raise ever happened. .. Instead, they hire new people with zero experience that we have to train and the new people make more than i do .. great, right ?

Anonymous Employee in Meadville, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Meadville, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was called for an interview a week or two after I submitted my application in person. I came in and interviewed with the GM, Office Manager, and Food and Beverage manager. I then was called in for a second interview with only the GM and Office Manager, I was called then about a week later confirming I received the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle rumors or "drama"?   1 Answer