Holiday Retirement Co Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Holiday Retirement Co Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Tampa, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

We had a brief phone interview, my husband and me together. It was interesting it was basically a review of our previous work and education. Then we had an in person interview at a facility and it was great. The Recruiter was wonderful and asked a lot of questions. We have been in this process for two months and we are rolling on, starting this week we have an interview with the regional manager over Skype. We are looking forward to it. I had to mark we didn't get an offer, but that is because we haven't had an interview yet.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with seniors? What is the hardest thing about this job will be? How do you manage your time? How do you feel about outside sales?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Holiday Retirement

Anonymous Employee in Wimberley, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Wimberley, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Holiday Retirement is a grinding sales organization that uses dupes called "managers" to fill in the work gaps left by hourly employees who do not show up. Your job first and foremost is booking sales tours and achieving occupancy. Statistically speaking, you'll be gone withing a year.

Consequently, your interviews might be perfunctory. Ours was. We interviewed with the recruiter and - after being stood up FIVE TIMES - with the Regional Director by phone only and were hired after that phone call. We reported to Dallas only about a week later.

Co-Managers Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Vero Beach, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

The screening interview with Brooke was very enjoyable! She interviewed my husband and I together (this is a team position for two people), which was a unique and rewarding experience. She was a pleasant and responsive interviewer. This company seems to look for a certain energy in candidates, which made the interview kind of fun. We can't wait to go on to the next step!

Interview Questions

• One question that struck me as important was how long Michael and I have known each other, if we worked together successfully before, and what our dynamic is like. This is a live-on-property position, so these details are very important to Holiday.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owatonna, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Owatonna, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fast. The interview was relevent and did not cause anxiety. It was a phone interview. My husband and I was asked questions about how we would handle work situations and about our relevent experience.

Interview Questions

• How much experience have you had managing others?   1 Answer

Co-Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview

Sent application letter, then telephonic interview with Regional Mgr. Then personal interview with
    facility managers. Then, confirmation of hire by Regional Mgr. The company paid our travel
    expenses from Maine to Georgia by rental car.

Negotiation

Invited to start work in GA. Included in "pay" was salary of $10.95, an
    apartment to live in, and all meals free.The value of all this was far
    more than the starting pay of $10.95.

Co Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sneads Ferry, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Sneads Ferry, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was brief and sketchy. A Regional Director talked to us via Skype and our backgrounds were checked. We did not get the chance to ask many questions and he seemed in a big hurry. He was not supportive after we took the job and he did everything to get rid of us after one year. This was not a very good interview. The overall experience was sketchy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you think you can do this job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

We had no negotiation phase.

Co Manager Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview; HR rep was friendly and professional. Face to face interview was very thorough in explaining training process, length of time, 1 week at a community and then 2 weeks sales training.

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Fresno, CA).

Interview

I applied on-line. You will then get a call. If you are a candidate the company will call you right away. If you don't get a call you may want to reapply in a month. You have 2 phone interviews then you will get a call from a Regional for a 1on1. If the Regional thinks you are a fit she will have you finish the paperwork then a contract will get signed. Then you will be going to training for a few weeks. It will be mostly on sales. They do pay your moving expenses after you have turned in you receipts. Then you will be at training community for two more weeks. You will then be with another set of Main managers. If you are unhappy with the match the company does try to re-locate you to a different community. It takes about a good year and a half to get real comfortable with the job. It you can weather the first year you will be accustomed to the way the company works. If you love people this can be very rewarding. If you only need a job, do the company and yourself a favor and don't even apply. This is not for the weary.

Interview Questions

• You will be asked if you can work with your partner?. It takes a while to get on board but you will get a job. There is a high turn over and they are always in need of managers. The central California Region has a great regional Manager Javiera Garcia. She works very hard to take care of her managers and to solve any issues that arise. This kind of work is not for everyone. I almost left a few times but hunkered down an made the best of it. Now I would not leave unless I really needed to. There is always room for improvement in any company.   6 Answers

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Either you accept or not.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Dallas, TX).

Interview

4 days of emails, then quick phone interview. Flew to Dallas for 45 minutes face to face. Told we could stay in our area. After home, we were offered to go three states away.

Interview Questions

• Can you work with your spouse 36 hours straight? Have you looked at Glassdoor?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Only where we would go and then we were sent somewhere else anyway.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2014.

Interview

After applying online, there was an Initial prearranged Skype interview with a recruiter, that was followed by a phone interview with a regional director that controlled the geographical area of the country that we had expressed an interest in being assigned to.