Holiday Retirement Community Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2017

2.4

44 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Roanoke, VA).

Interview

Flew us out, crazy connections to get cheapest fare. Made us wait 2 hrs with no apology. Sat in room with recruiter and a regional person who yyped on her laptop throughout process.

Interview Questions

• Did ask us about sales experience.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Holiday Retirement

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement in February 2016.

Interview

15-20 minute phone call asking about our background and what we knew about Holiday Retirement communities. Asking about if we were comfortable working with the elderly. Wanting to know what we expected out of this opportunity. Overall just an informal question and answer.

Interview Questions

• If you were comfortable with the long hours, being on call, etc. If you were comfortable working with elderly people. Did we have a specific location in mind. Pay as well as benefits were discussed along with vacations, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2015.

Interview

I've enjoyed the process of phone conferences and Skype calls so far. We've been invited to visit a community for a first hand look at a fully functional facility and to meet with current management staff. It was a good experience that was conducted in a very professional manner.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Portland, OR) in October 2015.

Interview

1)Applied online; 2)Screening phone call to schedule a phone interview; 3) 10-15 minute phone interview the next day - set up a "Skype" interview with the West Coast Recruiting Mgr. for the following day. 4)Interview with Recruiting Mgr. (30 minutes) and a request to write a "why we fit" type of email to them - very unique request. 5) Interview with Regional Director (10 days later). 6) Job offer made contingent on background check - NO drug screen.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Castle Rock, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Castle Rock, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

We had a phone interview, a skype interview with recruiter, In person interveiw with regional director we met her in between our houses. We had a total of three interviewers for the three interviews.

Interview Questions

• why do want to work with Holiday   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty simple and straightforward process - applied online and was contacted within 1 week, had initial phone interview with hiring team, then passed to the recruiting team to see if we would make it to a final recruiter, finally skyped with the recruiter and was told to contact him in several days to talk about meeting with a regional director. It's now a week after we were told to contact him ave sent several emails and left a voice message and still have not received a response. We were warned that the interview process can take from 30 to 60 days to get through.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with seniors?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The recruiter ask you a couple questions about your background and tells you about the position over the phone. I was then scheduled for a face to face and spoke with the managers about the community. Offered the position with a couple weeks

Interview Questions

• The unexpected question was "Are you aware we have bad reviews on Glassdoors?" I never heard a recruiter start off making a statement like that   Answer Question

After all the bad reviews I declined

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview

We first applied for the position online and were contacted by recruiter via email within 2 days. She set up a phone interview with both my partner and I. The main portion of the interview consisted of her explaining the company and the role to us. There were few questions in regards to our employment history. She then scheduled a 1 on 1 interview with the regional recruiter that took place 3 days later in a city a few hours from our home. The interview took place at one of the communities. The community was beautiful and the residents seemed to be very happy. The regional recruiter was very professional and asked us standard questions in regards to our work history, skill levels, and ability for my partner and I to work together 24hrs/day. After he left the building we sat with the Senior Manager of that community and learned more information about the company and the job. The job sounded very fulfilling, salary plus bonus and paid living expenses seem to be substantial.

The recruiter told us to expect a call from the RD within the next 2 days. After 2 days of waiting and no word from the RD we contacted the recruiter to find out that the RD was out of the office that particular week but we were assured that we would hear from him the following week.

Still waiting....

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty basic. If you've had any success in management and sales you will have no problem.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement in March 2014.

Interview

Filled out application online and included resume. First interview was over the phone, then an "in person" interview was scheduled about 2 weeks later. Met at a community just a few hours from home. Interviewed in one of the apartments at a kitchen table. Interviewer was great, very professional. Longer than most interviews. Was then offered a 3rd interview in Atlanta (I think) with the Regional or Area Manager.

Interview Questions

Money. They have a "standard" amount they pay incoming managers. It would have resulted in a 50% pay cut for me. I couldn't believe how little they pay. Yes, you can get bonuses, but not enough to repay the lost income. The company offers you free room and board and 3 meals a day in the dining room, but for me it still wasn't enough money. It also did not seem "family friendly". We have to live on site and we have children, which I was fine with, but they were not. All four of us couldn't live in a 1 bedroom apartment. I think this is how they get around hiring people with children.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Pretty much if their are two of you and you have a pulse you will get hired. At least until the run a background check after sending you to training and it turns up you have a felony record. Ops shoul have run it prior to hiring don't you think!

Interview Questions

• Do you help assist in emergencied   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you have a pulse you are hired.