Holiday Retirement Community Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Holiday Retirement Community Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Dallas, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

It could have been better. 2 Phone interviews that lasted about 30 minutes, Then it took another week to hear back from anyone. Then we had to fly to Dallas and back all in one day. Very stressful.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Holiday Retirement ?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Holiday Retirement

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview

We applied online and got a request for interview next morning. Interview was set up 4 days later. We were immediately hired.

Negotiation

They made as though there was no negotiating but there is.

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Riverside, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

They fly you out to meet a recruiter, who asks if you can deal with sad situation with seniors. Once they tell you about the company they ask you if you are ok with starting a job and going to a training class with no idea where you will be working when your training class is over,.

Interview Questions

• Can you start in one week but we will not tell you where you will be working,.   2 Answers

Negotiation

There is none.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Denver, CO) in May 2013.

Interview

My husband and I met the recruiter at one of the senior living properties, He gave us a tour and explained the day to day responsibilities, including responding to emergencies. He asked if we thought we would be able to enjoy this lifestyle. I knew we were the perfect fit.

Interview Questions

• What would you think about pouring coffee to each of the residents once in a while?   1 Answer
    • Would you be able to deal with losing someone?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay was standard, the start date was the question, and we started as soon as possible and were flown to TX for training.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

They are so desperate you don't have to answer hardly ant questions at all. If your resume matches a place close you have the job. Questions are " are you breathing because age is not an issue".

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I would not even bother

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Dallas, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Brief to the point , seeking business management and office details, software users, willing to sell and maintain occupancy levels as set by Corp. Interviewed with my partner as this is a team assignment.
    Wanted to know how we got along as a couple and what where our strengths and weaknesses. Wanted to know if we would travel out of state to do 1 week of mentor training. Upon completion of mentor training, attend a two week classroom training course in Dallas . After successful completion of this training we would be assigned to a community. An Offer of employment would be made after
    conferring with Company Leaders and review interview notes, and recommendations. Overall process was positive.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult rude Senior that would not stop talking.   Answer Question
    • Q: Would you be willing to move anywhere in the US   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation provided just a take the offer of leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview with Home Office and then an in-person meeting with on the company recruiters. After that they performed a background check and finally & Skype interview with the Regional Director.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Emails were sent back and forth between the recruiter and I. I was then asked to prepare a statement before phone interview. Had a phone interview with the recruiter and was told that it went well. I then got an email stating that we had been pushed forward to the face to face interview and that I would have details by Friday. Then of Friday night I received an email stating that the region was full and that they weren’t reviewing and new applications. Which I don’t understand because my application had already been reviewed

Interview Questions

• The only difficult questions were the ones I was ask to answer for the recruiter. They were unclear, misspelled; she used bad grammar, and no punctuation   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The whole interview process seemed to be conducted by someone with "issues"...either they hated ther job or were drunk. We were called for a phone interview and they apparently forgot about it so we were then told to drive to a larger city nearby to meet with the RD. That went well and we were hired and told to drive to a city 1200 miles away for training. We were told we would be compensated for all expenses, within reason, of the training and the future moving our stuff to our future property. When all was said and done and we got to ur new property we were told that they compensate us only $1000.00. So we had to eat around $1700.00 right off the bat.

Interview Questions

• Can you travel 1200 miles in your vehicle for training, drive back in 2 months, and then drive and move your stuff to your new property, even though we have 4 properties within 100 miles of here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

One-sided

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (McKinney, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Sent in both applications and heard from a screening company the following day to schedule a quick, basic question-and-answer first interview via phone where both my husband and I needed to be present. Then met with a recruiter - it was in another city in Texas so the company direct billed our hotel stay. Met with our recruiter at a community so got a feel for Holiday. General questions... the recruiter actually suggested we look here on Glassdoor for feedback and told us some things would be real, legit feedback and some would be angry former employees looking to vent, but that we should be able to determine which was which. This was a Friday. Heard back on Tuesday to schedule a phone interview with a regional director. Was hired and on a plane to a two-week long sales class, all expenses paid, within two weeks of submitting applications. Was at our first community within a week following the end of sales class.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for questions asking what you would do in certain situations and how to overcome obstacles.   Answer Question