Holiday Retirement Community Sales Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Holiday Retirement Community Sales Leader Interview Questions

2.2

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews both went well and both people were very nice and easy to talk to . Then I had a face to face interview 2 weeks later with the community administrator and the regional director of sales . Both were so very nice and made me feel right at home .

Interview Questions

• Why would I like to work for holiday properties   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was pretty easy I received a call the next day with a offer and was told I could take some time to think about it . I had several question after the offer and they were quick to answer all my question

Other Interview Reviews for Holiday Retirement

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Reno, NV) in April 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by phone and I don't know if it was me or the person who interviewed but I didn't feel like I was valued at all as a potential employee. No offer yet but I am hoping I will get an offer just don't know because the person had such a monotone voice it hard to tell

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would sell this place to a fellow sales person or contact.   1 Answer

Community Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview

Expect to tour the community or ask for a tour! Be engaging and friendly. The way you cary yourself and treat residents is considered as part of the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be open and flexible.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2014.

Interview

Pretty straight forward, Interview was set up by a recruiter and with the regional director who was able to Skype. 2nd interview was local with a Mentor and a Sales leader in the community hen final interview was with a Regional Director of Operations.

Anonymous Employee in Springdale, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Springdale, AR) in August 2014.

Interview

I got call from online resume then day before interview they canceled. Decided to put job on hold. About 6 months later I got a call requesting an interview. Interviewed on phone with regional sales and them drove to meet her to talk. It was very easy process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate salary as the offered me upper end due to experience. I negotiated my weekends off as most sales work weekends.

Community Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview

The hiring/interview process is simple, if you are comfortable with a boiler room mentality then you will do great. That is what they are looking for. Be prepared to role-play, be confident, dress professionally. The hiring process takes about a week; this is mostly because of the background check.

Interview Questions

• There were no truly difficult or unexpected questions, it is a very straight forward interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase is nonexistent.

Community Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview

The process was initiated by a recruiter. After passing the recruiting "sniff test", I was interviewed by the RSL (Regional Sales Leader). It was his enthusiam that prompted me to move to the next step - an interview with his boss, the RD (Regional Director). That was where a red flag waved but I chose to ignore it. The interview with the RD took less than 3 minutes - literally! (Strike 1). I read the reviews on Glassdoor and chose to ignore those - it couldn't be that bad, could it? (Strike 2). I spoke with a friend whose relative is a resident but did not heed negative input. (Strike 3). I accepted the position. What a mistake!

Interview Questions

• How do you react to pressure?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is the offer - no negotiations.

Community Sales Leader Interview

Application

I interviewed at Holiday Retirement in August 2013.

Interview

First an interview on Skype with Corporate Recruiter which was great. He was a good interviewer and sent me to an interview with the Regional Manager. That interview was very short and he hardly asked any questions. I didn't get an offer and was initially disappointed but the turnover is very high in my area and across the country. Plus, some people I respect have very negative things to say about this organization so maybe it is best I didn't get an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Amarillo, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

Recruiter contacts you by phone & interviews you, then another person interviews you by phone, then your soon to be Regional Director interviews you on SKYPE...., then you are e-mailed by another person for background, witch took 9 days...., then when you accept the offer, 2 more people contact you from the HR department to plan travel, and training, etc....

Interview Questions

• The questions are elementary. Why would you want to work here? etc....   Answer Question

Starting off great, but went downhill fast! I spoke to a total of 6 people throughout the entire process of getting hired. GIS is their background investigator. They made a mistake on my background for something that the courts waived. All in all, I decided to go to the County Clerks office to get a certified document saying that the charge was waived. Cost $15. And after 3 days was cleared for employment. The people are friendly, but took 30 days to go through the entire process. I initially accepted the job, but got fed up with all the hoo ha and ridiculous amount of people I had to talk to in order to take the job.

Community Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement in July 2013.

Interview

Got a call first from regional recruiter. They were very helpful and offered several regions to me as choices. Once I chose a region, then came the in person interview with regional manager. The company was very good about making that process happen easily for me. After that I received a written offer and just completed the necessary paperwork and background checks. Unfortunately, they hire and fire so much...that the process for them and the candidate is pretty seemless.

Interview Questions

• None..it was a 10 minute interview with regional manager.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing. I was offered a base amount of salary plus commission. I was desperate so I took it and didn't negotiate. I found out later the salary was similar to others BUT the commission structure changed often and was taxed as a bonus so more than 50 percent was taken out in taxes each month. It really affects morale when you work hard to earn a commission and then it gets taxed more heavily than a standard pay rate! Big mistake for Holiday Retirement!