Holiday Retirement Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Holiday Retirement

2.1

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Roanoke, VA).

Interview

Flew us out, crazy connections to get cheapest fare. Made us wait 2 hrs with no apology. Sat in room with recruiter and a regional person who yyped on her laptop throughout process.

Interview Questions

• Did ask us about sales experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Dallas, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Flown to another state all expenses paid for interview. Was a very nice experience in all. Very professional and the building interviewed at was impressive as the actual communities were not as nice as what they presented for the initial interview

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with seniors?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Denver, CO) in May 2013.

Interview

My husband and I met the recruiter at one of the senior living properties, He gave us a tour and explained the day to day responsibilities, including responding to emergencies. He asked if we thought we would be able to enjoy this lifestyle. I knew we were the perfect fit.

Interview Questions

• What would you think about pouring coffee to each of the residents once in a while?   1 Answer
    • Would you be able to deal with losing someone?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay was standard, the start date was the question, and we started as soon as possible and were flown to TX for training.

Anonymous Employee in Castle Rock, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Castle Rock, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

We had a phone interview, a skype interview with recruiter, In person interveiw with regional director we met her in between our houses. We had a total of three interviewers for the three interviews.

Interview Questions

• why do want to work with Holiday   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement in April 2013.

Interview

Interesting. We had a telephone interview with a recruiter. Followed by an on site interview in Michigan, another recruiter. Followed by a telephone interview with our soon to be RM. Tried to Skype, but it didn't work, so we never actually saw his face until we were on the ground at our assignment.

Interview Questions

• What is your leadership style?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The recruiter ask you a couple questions about your background and tells you about the position over the phone. I was then scheduled for a face to face and spoke with the managers about the community. Offered the position with a couple weeks

Interview Questions

• The unexpected question was "Are you aware we have bad reviews on Glassdoors?" I never heard a recruiter start off making a statement like that   Answer Question

After all the bad reviews I declined

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview

We first applied for the position online and were contacted by recruiter via email within 2 days. She set up a phone interview with both my partner and I. The main portion of the interview consisted of her explaining the company and the role to us. There were few questions in regards to our employment history. She then scheduled a 1 on 1 interview with the regional recruiter that took place 3 days later in a city a few hours from our home. The interview took place at one of the communities. The community was beautiful and the residents seemed to be very happy. The regional recruiter was very professional and asked us standard questions in regards to our work history, skill levels, and ability for my partner and I to work together 24hrs/day. After he left the building we sat with the Senior Manager of that community and learned more information about the company and the job. The job sounded very fulfilling, salary plus bonus and paid living expenses seem to be substantial.

The recruiter told us to expect a call from the RD within the next 2 days. After 2 days of waiting and no word from the RD we contacted the recruiter to find out that the RD was out of the office that particular week but we were assured that we would hear from him the following week.

Still waiting....

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty basic. If you've had any success in management and sales you will have no problem.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement in January 2012.

Interview

Contacted within 1 week of submitting resume. Flown to Las Vegas for an interview. All expenses paid. Offer made at interview. Flown to training for two weeks in Dallas. Had four days to move to community after returning home.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond if you found a resident who had committed suicide.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. They were not willing to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Columbia, SC) in January 2010.

Interview

Very detailed with sense of urgency. Telephone interview that led to traveling to another location interviewer hesitant to talk salary until conclusion and amazed to find 25,000 a year

Negotiation

Sign oOne regional offered raise after three months and new regional had no knowledge and did not fulfill promises

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement in March 2014.

Interview

Filled out application online and included resume. First interview was over the phone, then an "in person" interview was scheduled about 2 weeks later. Met at a community just a few hours from home. Interviewed in one of the apartments at a kitchen table. Interviewer was great, very professional. Longer than most interviews. Was then offered a 3rd interview in Atlanta (I think) with the Regional or Area Manager.

Interview Questions

Money. They have a "standard" amount they pay incoming managers. It would have resulted in a 50% pay cut for me. I couldn't believe how little they pay. Yes, you can get bonuses, but not enough to repay the lost income. The company offers you free room and board and 3 meals a day in the dining room, but for me it still wasn't enough money. It also did not seem "family friendly". We have to live on site and we have children, which I was fine with, but they were not. All four of us couldn't live in a 1 bedroom apartment. I think this is how they get around hiring people with children.