Holiday Retirement Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 3, 2016

2.3

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Telephone conversation surveying background and personality.
    One on one visual and role play, "what If" type questions.
    Be prepared to explain how you would generate new sales and prospect using real world examples and outcomes.
    Explain your selling style from meet and greet, overcoming objections, presentation and closing methods to asking for referrals.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Holiday Retirement?
      What will you bring that other applicants do not?
      1 Answer

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Tampa, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

We had a brief phone interview, my husband and me together. It was interesting it was basically a review of our previous work and education. Then we had an in person interview at a facility and it was great. The Recruiter was wonderful and asked a lot of questions. We have been in this process for two months and we are rolling on, starting this week we have an interview with the regional manager over Skype. We are looking forward to it. I had to mark we didn't get an offer, but that is because we haven't had an interview yet.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with seniors? What is the hardest thing about this job will be? How do you manage your time? How do you feel about outside sales?   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement in February 2016.

Interview

15-20 minute phone call asking about our background and what we knew about Holiday Retirement communities. Asking about if we were comfortable working with the elderly. Wanting to know what we expected out of this opportunity. Overall just an informal question and answer.

Interview Questions

• If you were comfortable with the long hours, being on call, etc. If you were comfortable working with elderly people. Did we have a specific location in mind. Pay as well as benefits were discussed along with vacations, etc.   Answer Question

Community Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with sourcing recruiter and my partner. The interviewer stated the position we were applying for was no longer available and wanted to route us to another location over 2 hours away. We graciously declined and requested to be notified and continue the interview process when and if a local position came available.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Holiday Retirement?   1 Answer
    • What experience do we have working together as a team?   1 Answer
    • Experience in the field?   1 Answer

Enrichment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Concord, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

This was a very unprofessional interview. I was interviewed by two people, both of whom kept asking the other if they had any questions right from the start, like neither of them had bothered to prepare any questions and were hoping they could rely the other person to have prepared. They cut me off when I answered their questions, and then they didn't give me the opportunity to ask questions of my own. This was a particularly strange experience to have a retirement community. Everyone knows that if the staff at a retirement home is disengaged and won't answer your questions, it's not the community where you want your parents to live. Why they would present that image of the community, even to a job applicant, was confusing.

Co-Managers Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Vero Beach, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

The screening interview with Brooke was very enjoyable! She interviewed my husband and I together (this is a team position for two people), which was a unique and rewarding experience. She was a pleasant and responsive interviewer. This company seems to look for a certain energy in candidates, which made the interview kind of fun. We can't wait to go on to the next step!

Interview Questions

• One question that struck me as important was how long Michael and I have known each other, if we worked together successfully before, and what our dynamic is like. This is a live-on-property position, so these details are very important to Holiday.   2 Answers

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview

was hard, but brief. i enjoyed the free snacks and good advice for interviews. I should have prepared more for the interview, but was a good experience. They told me that I should appy for a job I am more qualited for

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty simple and straightforward process - applied online and was contacted within 1 week, had initial phone interview with hiring team, then passed to the recruiting team to see if we would make it to a final recruiter, finally skyped with the recruiter and was told to contact him in several days to talk about meeting with a regional director. It's now a week after we were told to contact him ave sent several emails and left a voice message and still have not received a response. We were warned that the interview process can take from 30 to 60 days to get through.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with seniors?   1 Answer

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owatonna, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Owatonna, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fast. The interview was relevent and did not cause anxiety. It was a phone interview. My husband and I was asked questions about how we would handle work situations and about our relevent experience.

Interview Questions

• How much experience have you had managing others?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

First off, anyone who says Hoiiday Retirement will hire anyone with a pulse is way off. We applied four times before being contacted. We thought the interview went well, since we heard the word " perfect " repeatedly. A few days later we received an e-mail tuning us down for insufficient experience. We're in our early sixties, married 36 years, and have years of career experience. Then another recruiter emails us about how great our resumes are and sets up a phone interview. She calls at the appointed time and tells us that, based on the other recruiter's assessment, she had no reason to interview us. Talk about being jerked around and game playing. I will certainly discourage anyone to work for or live in one of their facilities. They really missed out on a quality couple to work for them.