Holiday Retirement Co-Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Holiday Retirement Co-Manager Interview Questions

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Tampa, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

We had a brief phone interview, my husband and me together. It was interesting it was basically a review of our previous work and education. Then we had an in person interview at a facility and it was great. The Recruiter was wonderful and asked a lot of questions. We have been in this process for two months and we are rolling on, starting this week we have an interview with the regional manager over Skype. We are looking forward to it. I had to mark we didn't get an offer, but that is because we haven't had an interview yet.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with seniors? What is the hardest thing about this job will be? How do you manage your time? How do you feel about outside sales?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Holiday Retirement

Co-Managers Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Vero Beach, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

The screening interview with Brooke was very enjoyable! She interviewed my husband and I together (this is a team position for two people), which was a unique and rewarding experience. She was a pleasant and responsive interviewer. This company seems to look for a certain energy in candidates, which made the interview kind of fun. We can't wait to go on to the next step!

Interview Questions

• One question that struck me as important was how long Michael and I have known each other, if we worked together successfully before, and what our dynamic is like. This is a live-on-property position, so these details are very important to Holiday.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owatonna, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Owatonna, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fast. The interview was relevent and did not cause anxiety. It was a phone interview. My husband and I was asked questions about how we would handle work situations and about our relevent experience.

Interview Questions

• How much experience have you had managing others?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palatine, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Palatine, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Had the phone interview. Which went well. Were told to go to the nearest community to get a feel for it. Recruiter emailed next day, she was very rude and unprofessional.
    After explaining, flew us to Chicago for face to face interview. She had openin, since we were the only couple that could start within 2 weeks. Were told she would email the regional manager Thursday to call us Friday. That was a week ago. Received another rude email.
    That lady was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• None. All she did was talk about herself.   1 Answer

Co Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Hartford, CT) in January 2013.

Interview

Lack of communication and continuity up and down and across Holiday Retirement Human Resource and Recruitment functions, roles, and players: corporate, between and within regions. Yet, all 'progressed' satisfactorily until fourth interview, with the lead management team: inept, professionally suspect, 20th century stones…INTERVIEWS WORK BOTH WAYS, people.

Interview Questions

• What is the relationship between you and your co-manager?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Denver, CO) in August 2012.

Interview

This position and company appeared positive at first and my wife and I had a very good first phone interview. We became excited about the position available in a location that was acceptable to us. We were also told we may be expected to move within that region as needed which was also acceptable. We were flown to Denver, CO at company expense (except $60 bag fees at the airport). We did not meet with the Senior Recruiter as promised. We were told he actually had all the pertinent information about the job and locations that may be available. We were also then told that the location we preferred was not available and most of the positions in that region were filled. This fact was a shock but was still acceptable to us since we were impressed with the Denver facility and with what we were told of a "day in the life" of a co-manager team. The interview questions were short and not very in-depth to allow us demonstrate our relevant experience or skill sets. We were told the purpose of that interview was to be a negative sale to reveal the negative aspects of the job. We appreciated that and were told we would have a third interview with the Senior Recruiter in a few days. We were told to review Glassdoor.com and and to let the person interviewing us know if we were still interested. We sent that email on the way home from Denver and confirmed we were still interested. We never got a response and did not hear anything for a week until we phoned the person who had arranged our travel arrangements. Within 5 minutes we received a "form" email that other candidates were more qualified and we had not been selected.
    We do not know how anyone could have made that decision. Our employers were not contacted and neither were our references. If they made the decision based upon our resumes and the brief interview we had, why did they spend the money to fly us to Denver with an overnight stay and rental car. Very odd behavior for what otherwise appeared to be a professional company. After having been treated this way, I would caution anyone considering employment with this company. I have interviewed with dozens of companies over the years and been recruited by many large corporations and have hired literally hundreds of people in my career. I have never had this disjointed an experience and would never invest my time and my company's expense with so little follow through and so much disrespect for a potential candidate.

Interview Questions

• This was the issue, in the second interview. There were no tough questions at all that could not be answered by viewing our resumes. We were not given any opportunity to ask specific questions about a particular location or even demonstrate how good a fit we could be for the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Simi Valley, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Phone interview. In person interview. All co-manager interviewees can you tell me if the interviewer had to step away for a few moments?

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would market our community.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about the thing you are most proud of accomplishing in your life.   1 Answer

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview

We applied on line and were contacted within 24 hours. We scheduled a phone interview which was followed up approximately a week later with a face to face interview. The contacts were professional and travel arrangements for the face to face interview were handled very expediently. It does seem that you get "stuck" within a region very quickly vs. recruiters sharing information about candidates and possibly placing them in regions that could save the company on moving costs.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected question. The people that interviewed us really gave us more information about the position and what to expect vs. asking questions of us.   Answer Question

Co Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview

I have had the phone interview. it was very pleasant. the interviewer was professional and shared pertinent information. I will have my face to face interview in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• all questions were fairly easy and i didnt have a hard time answering them based on my knowledge and experience.   Answer Question

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement in January 2012.

Interview

First telephone interview with a recruiter was very positive. The pay and benefits sounded too good to be true so we did some research and found that the majority of the reviews from past/present employees were very negative. We decided to ask about it at the interview. We arrived about 20 minutes early and the interviewer arrived about 10 mins. late. She was very nice and answered our questions sort of. She explained that most of the complaints were because the job wasn't what people expected. That would seem reasonable if there were only a few complaints but there are so many and with the good pay and benefits why are there so many openings. If the job wasn't what people expected why don't they explain it better before they hire someone? We came out of the interview feeling pretty good although we weren't 100% convinced we had been given the whole truth about the job description. Our interview was on a Tuesday and she said she would call us on Friday. That was 4 weeks ago - still no call. We are happy now that we haven't gotten a call because we probably would have taken the job if it was offered.