Holiday Retirement Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.1

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (San Antonio, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Didn't show up for the 1st interview. Cancelled the 2nd interview. Have no idea why we bothered after that. Uses Skype, didn't give us the info to use it. Used terms we weren't familar with such as "cookie cutter."

Interview Questions

• "How do you like micro-management?" That should've made me hang up right there. How do you feel about living where you work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No.They don't give you any options.

CSL Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Menomonee Falls, WI).

Interview

I was recrutied by the outside. The HR department was good and trainers were OK.

Interview Questions

• What would you first do to turn things around at this community?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.

Memory Care Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Charlotte, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Port Charlotte, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

4 interviews, was told all these great things but once in the door the wd put a stop to everything. Memory care residents were neglected. No support as promised. Waisted a lot of time. Was brought on as salary which calculated 22.00 hourly. Then dropped to 16.00 hourly. Never received benefits which is a selling point during interview process.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Tell us how you went above and beyond for someone.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't negotiate. Run. Seriously.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Dallas, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

It could have been better. 2 Phone interviews that lasted about 30 minutes, Then it took another week to hear back from anyone. Then we had to fly to Dallas and back all in one day. Very stressful.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Holiday Retirement ?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview

Expect to tour the community or ask for a tour! Be engaging and friendly. The way you cary yourself and treat residents is considered as part of the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be open and flexible.

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement in March 2014.

Interview

Filled out application online and included resume. First interview was over the phone, then an "in person" interview was scheduled about 2 weeks later. Met at a community just a few hours from home. Interviewed in one of the apartments at a kitchen table. Interviewer was great, very professional. Longer than most interviews. Was then offered a 3rd interview in Atlanta (I think) with the Regional or Area Manager.

Interview Questions

Money. They have a "standard" amount they pay incoming managers. It would have resulted in a 50% pay cut for me. I couldn't believe how little they pay. Yes, you can get bonuses, but not enough to repay the lost income. The company offers you free room and board and 3 meals a day in the dining room, but for me it still wasn't enough money. It also did not seem "family friendly". We have to live on site and we have children, which I was fine with, but they were not. All four of us couldn't live in a 1 bedroom apartment. I think this is how they get around hiring people with children.

Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Orlando, FL) in November 2012.

Interview

Was called in for a first interview tat took just over an hour, my second interview followed a week later and I was offered the position. I was sent to a community to train for a week then went to to the Dallas training center for an additional week. Following he training in Dallas I was told that I would move forward and take the position in the community, two people I trained with we're asked to resign as hey just did not fit the company mold.

Interview Questions

• All the questions where pretty basic, the most challenging was why Holiday ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes there was some negation room.

Community Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who said he found my resume on career builder. He was very thorough in his explanation of the role. Further, he screened me with a variety of questions that were mainly sales related. I was then flown to Ontario, CA, where I met with an Interview Manager. He was extremely professional, polite, and asked a series of questions about my past - mainly looking for sales positions I had been in previously and how i would handle different scenarios. Questions were in-depth, detailed, and, calculated. The interview lasted about an hour and fifteen minutes. i was then on my way back to the airport and home. Overall very professional and a great experience. I was told I would hear back in 4-10 business days and got a mail 5 days later saying i was not selected. Disappointed - yes - but a very professional environment with an extremely professional interview. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• Difference between selling an independent community over an assisted living community. Also was asked questions about sales techniques and closing strategies.   3 Answers

Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Chattanooga, TN) in April 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for same position in same market twice within a year. Two very different experiences, I am grateful for the latter as it was a much better experience.

Interview Questions

• Rollplay: How would you close a sale with an adult child who wants to wait several weeks before reserving apt. for an out-of-town parent relocation?   1 Answer
    • Are you able to hard close?   1 Answer

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2014.

Interview

After applying online, there was an Initial prearranged Skype interview with a recruiter, that was followed by a phone interview with a regional director that controlled the geographical area of the country that we had expressed an interest in being assigned to.