Holiday Retirement Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Holiday Retirement Interview Questions

Updated Dec 14, 2017

2.1

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement in April 2013.

Interview

Interesting. We had a telephone interview with a recruiter. Followed by an on site interview in Michigan, another recruiter. Followed by a telephone interview with our soon to be RM. Tried to Skype, but it didn't work, so we never actually saw his face until we were on the ground at our assignment.

Interview Questions

• What is your leadership style?   1 Answer

Community Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2014.

Interview

Initially seemed too good to be true. We begun with a phone interview, and the next thing we knew, we were on our way to a face-to-face in Las Vegas (airfare and accommodations included). The interview went fantastic! The recruiter told us the job was more than likely ours and we would meet via Skype with the Regional Director. However, during the interview the recruiter proceeds to tell us that the original Manager position we applied for (SoCal) filled, and they’d likely have a spot in AZ, to which we agreed. Fast forward a few days, we’re told AZ is out, and we’re asked if we’d consider Redding, CA. After agreeing to Redding, that was the last we had any contact with Holiday Retirement. After numerous emails & calls, the recruiter never got back to us again.
    Very fishy and unprofessional business practices!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview

The hiring process was a bit lengthy but I think that had to do with the Regional Director and not the actual company itself. Overall it was smooth and nothing was left in the dark.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Orlando, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Best to apply on line. Recruiter will be your first interview, followed by Regional Manager representing the community position that you will be applying for. Behavioral style of interview. No drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time things didn't go your way, and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

submitted my resume, interviewed by recruiter, interviewed by regional director sales, in person interview with regional director sales, phone interview with district vp of sales and regional director of operations

Interview Questions

• sales experience, how I handled low sales, experience in outreach and professional relationship strategies   Answer Question

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Red Deer, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Red Deer, AB (Canada)).

Interview

general manager did interview, asked very basic questions. Did not have much knowledge about what the job entailed. The building is sort of outdated but clean and well kept. They have live in managers.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in the past for conflict resolution?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview

I had 2 in person interviews for this position. For Holiday you have to apply in person and cannot take the application offsite. Staff is friendly when you go in and want to help you with the process.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult situation with a resident and their family member?

How would you innovate in this position?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

They seemed desperate, but that was a good thing because I got a job quick. Easy interview with Regional Sales Director. She didn't have a lot of interviewing experience, so she was easy to talk to without intimidation.

Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Chattanooga, TN) in April 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for same position in same market twice within a year. Two very different experiences, I am grateful for the latter as it was a much better experience.

Interview Questions

• Rollplay: How would you close a sale with an adult child who wants to wait several weeks before reserving apt. for an out-of-town parent relocation?   1 Answer
    • Are you able to hard close?   1 Answer

Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

When I applied I hadn't heard back from them in about four to five months so I called them and they had lost my application. So I had to go back in and reapply. That should have been my first clue to get a different job. The interview was very easy. They asked if I had ever worked in a kitchen before. Asked some questions on my time management skills and how I got along with others. The whole thing took all of around five minutes. Then they hired me. It was like they were desperate to get new people hired.