Holiday Retirement Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.1

Maintenance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Branford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Branford, CT) in May 2015.

Interview

They will tell you very little about the amount of work you really have so beware. Horrible company to work for. Don't care about you or the residents only money

Interview Questions

• What are you strongest traits   1 Answer

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2014.

Interview

After applying online, there was an Initial prearranged Skype interview with a recruiter, that was followed by a phone interview with a regional director that controlled the geographical area of the country that we had expressed an interest in being assigned to.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (San Bernardino, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was told that the position was already filled an that the needed someone with more clerical experience, they will keep application on file for 90 days. Thank me for showing interest to advance with the company

Interview Questions

• with your experience how can you contribute to position of office manager   1 Answer

CM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement in July 2014.

Interview

Process went through external recruiter, regional recruiter, regional manager, regional recruiter (different region), community executive director, regional director via phone, skype, phone, in person, phone, in person, phone (seven interviews in total).

Server Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Menomonee Falls, WI) in July 2014.

Interview

They were so desperate for workers that there wasn't really a interview and paper work was filled out three days later after I started working. They had several people quit on them so I started right away with no type of training even though it wasn't needed because it was self explanatory.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Denver, CO) in May 2013.

Interview

My husband and I met the recruiter at one of the senior living properties, He gave us a tour and explained the day to day responsibilities, including responding to emergencies. He asked if we thought we would be able to enjoy this lifestyle. I knew we were the perfect fit.

Interview Questions

• What would you think about pouring coffee to each of the residents once in a while?   1 Answer
    • Would you be able to deal with losing someone?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay was standard, the start date was the question, and we started as soon as possible and were flown to TX for training.

Lead Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Pretty basic. Spoke with talent acquisition specialist via Skype. Spoke about submitted resume and online application. Asked if I had 'compassion', and discussed several scenarios. Had to travel to meet with the R.D. at that time, in Nashville. Went to two separate locations to meet Lead Managers at those locations. Met with another set of Lead Managers in Tennessee. The entire process took several weeks. At this time, and due to the restructuring, this process is no longer used.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you showed compassion.   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Raleigh, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

Literally handed me the job, not a good sign usually. Found it posted on craigslist and got it the same week. Came in and was filling out hiring papers the same day.

Memory Care Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Charlotte, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Port Charlotte, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

4 interviews, was told all these great things but once in the door the wd put a stop to everything. Memory care residents were neglected. No support as promised. Waisted a lot of time. Was brought on as salary which calculated 22.00 hourly. Then dropped to 16.00 hourly. Never received benefits which is a selling point during interview process.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Tell us how you went above and beyond for someone.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't negotiate. Run. Seriously.

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

Mgr didn't ask a lot of questions.I was referred by a residents daughter.It was more like this is what you would be doing if you take job.She already knew background in housekeeping. I was working for a cleaning company.