Holiday Retirement Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.1

Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

When I applied I hadn't heard back from them in about four to five months so I called them and they had lost my application. So I had to go back in and reapply. That should have been my first clue to get a different job. The interview was very easy. They asked if I had ever worked in a kitchen before. Asked some questions on my time management skills and how I got along with others. The whole thing took all of around five minutes. Then they hired me. It was like they were desperate to get new people hired.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2015.

Interview

I've enjoyed the process of phone conferences and Skype calls so far. We've been invited to visit a community for a first hand look at a fully functional facility and to meet with current management staff. It was a good experience that was conducted in a very professional manner.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Portland, OR) in October 2015.

Interview

1)Applied online; 2)Screening phone call to schedule a phone interview; 3) 10-15 minute phone interview the next day - set up a "Skype" interview with the West Coast Recruiting Mgr. for the following day. 4)Interview with Recruiting Mgr. (30 minutes) and a request to write a "why we fit" type of email to them - very unique request. 5) Interview with Regional Director (10 days later). 6) Job offer made contingent on background check - NO drug screen.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this job?   1 Answer

Enrichment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Concord, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

This was a very unprofessional interview. I was interviewed by two people, both of whom kept asking the other if they had any questions right from the start, like neither of them had bothered to prepare any questions and were hoping they could rely the other person to have prepared. They cut me off when I answered their questions, and then they didn't give me the opportunity to ask questions of my own. This was a particularly strange experience to have a retirement community. Everyone knows that if the staff at a retirement home is disengaged and won't answer your questions, it's not the community where you want your parents to live. Why they would present that image of the community, even to a job applicant, was confusing.

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Bartlesville, OK) in October 2015.

Interview

Got hired within on day, chatted with a woman and she called me back the next day to meet the head cook. He asked a few questions and soon I was giving my info for my background check. I got hired within two days. ALSO I met with a some nice people so I expected it to be classy and friendly. It turned out to be the opposite of that. Workers were already confessing their drug use on day one of training. GOSH!

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with working in a fast paced environment?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Raleigh, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

Literally handed me the job, not a good sign usually. Found it posted on craigslist and got it the same week. Came in and was filling out hiring papers the same day.

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wimberley, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Wimberley, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Holiday Retirement is a grinding sales organization that uses dupes called "managers" to fill in the work gaps left by hourly employees who do not show up. Your job first and foremost is booking sales tours and achieving occupancy. Statistically speaking, you'll be gone withing a year.

Consequently, your interviews might be perfunctory. Ours was. We interviewed with the recruiter and - after being stood up FIVE TIMES - with the Regional Director by phone only and were hired after that phone call. We reported to Dallas only about a week later.

Co-Managers Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Vero Beach, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

The screening interview with Brooke was very enjoyable! She interviewed my husband and I together (this is a team position for two people), which was a unique and rewarding experience. She was a pleasant and responsive interviewer. This company seems to look for a certain energy in candidates, which made the interview kind of fun. We can't wait to go on to the next step!

Interview Questions

• One question that struck me as important was how long Michael and I have known each other, if we worked together successfully before, and what our dynamic is like. This is a live-on-property position, so these details are very important to Holiday.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Castle Rock, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Castle Rock, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

We had a phone interview, a skype interview with recruiter, In person interveiw with regional director we met her in between our houses. We had a total of three interviewers for the three interviews.

Interview Questions

• why do want to work with Holiday   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview

was hard, but brief. i enjoyed the free snacks and good advice for interviews. I should have prepared more for the interview, but was a good experience. They told me that I should appy for a job I am more qualited for