Holiday Retirement Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Holiday Retirement Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.1

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview

Expect to tour the community or ask for a tour! Be engaging and friendly. The way you cary yourself and treat residents is considered as part of the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be open and flexible.

Co Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sneads Ferry, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Sneads Ferry, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was brief and sketchy. A Regional Director talked to us via Skype and our backgrounds were checked. We did not get the chance to ask many questions and he seemed in a big hurry. He was not supportive after we took the job and he did everything to get rid of us after one year. This was not a very good interview. The overall experience was sketchy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you think you can do this job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

We had no negotiation phase.

Executive Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview

I posted my resume online, the Regional Director of Operations called me and I interviewed with her the next day. I was directly hired over the phone...I didn't have a second interview and was offered the job within a 15 minute phone conversation. A recruiter called me to give me my offer letter and I had to provide paperwork. I started working a week and a half later.

Interview Questions

• Why would I want to work for Holiday?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one...she explained what the salary was, no benefits and that was it if I wanted the job.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The recruiter ask you a couple questions about your background and tells you about the position over the phone. I was then scheduled for a face to face and spoke with the managers about the community. Offered the position with a couple weeks

Interview Questions

• The unexpected question was "Are you aware we have bad reviews on Glassdoors?" I never heard a recruiter start off making a statement like that   Answer Question

After all the bad reviews I declined

Co Manager Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview; HR rep was friendly and professional. Face to face interview was very thorough in explaining training process, length of time, 1 week at a community and then 2 weeks sales training.

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview

We first applied for the position online and were contacted by recruiter via email within 2 days. She set up a phone interview with both my partner and I. The main portion of the interview consisted of her explaining the company and the role to us. There were few questions in regards to our employment history. She then scheduled a 1 on 1 interview with the regional recruiter that took place 3 days later in a city a few hours from our home. The interview took place at one of the communities. The community was beautiful and the residents seemed to be very happy. The regional recruiter was very professional and asked us standard questions in regards to our work history, skill levels, and ability for my partner and I to work together 24hrs/day. After he left the building we sat with the Senior Manager of that community and learned more information about the company and the job. The job sounded very fulfilling, salary plus bonus and paid living expenses seem to be substantial.

The recruiter told us to expect a call from the RD within the next 2 days. After 2 days of waiting and no word from the RD we contacted the recruiter to find out that the RD was out of the office that particular week but we were assured that we would hear from him the following week.

Still waiting....

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty basic. If you've had any success in management and sales you will have no problem.   Answer Question

Community Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2014.

Interview

Pretty straight forward, Interview was set up by a recruiter and with the regional director who was able to Skype. 2nd interview was local with a Mentor and a Sales leader in the community hen final interview was with a Regional Director of Operations.

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Fresno, CA).

Interview

I applied on-line. You will then get a call. If you are a candidate the company will call you right away. If you don't get a call you may want to reapply in a month. You have 2 phone interviews then you will get a call from a Regional for a 1on1. If the Regional thinks you are a fit she will have you finish the paperwork then a contract will get signed. Then you will be going to training for a few weeks. It will be mostly on sales. They do pay your moving expenses after you have turned in you receipts. Then you will be at training community for two more weeks. You will then be with another set of Main managers. If you are unhappy with the match the company does try to re-locate you to a different community. It takes about a good year and a half to get real comfortable with the job. It you can weather the first year you will be accustomed to the way the company works. If you love people this can be very rewarding. If you only need a job, do the company and yourself a favor and don't even apply. This is not for the weary.

Interview Questions

• You will be asked if you can work with your partner?. It takes a while to get on board but you will get a job. There is a high turn over and they are always in need of managers. The central California Region has a great regional Manager Javiera Garcia. She works very hard to take care of her managers and to solve any issues that arise. This kind of work is not for everyone. I almost left a few times but hunkered down an made the best of it. Now I would not leave unless I really needed to. There is always room for improvement in any company.   6 Answers

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Either you accept or not.

Community Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springdale, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Springdale, AR) in August 2014.

Interview

I got call from online resume then day before interview they canceled. Decided to put job on hold. About 6 months later I got a call requesting an interview. Interviewed on phone with regional sales and them drove to meet her to talk. It was very easy process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate salary as the offered me upper end due to experience. I negotiated my weekends off as most sales work weekends.

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Dallas, TX).

Interview

4 days of emails, then quick phone interview. Flew to Dallas for 45 minutes face to face. Told we could stay in our area. After home, we were offered to go three states away.

Interview Questions

• Can you work with your spouse 36 hours straight? Have you looked at Glassdoor?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Only where we would go and then we were sent somewhere else anyway.