Holiday Retirement Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.1

Community Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springdale, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Springdale, AR) in August 2014.

Interview

I got call from online resume then day before interview they canceled. Decided to put job on hold. About 6 months later I got a call requesting an interview. Interviewed on phone with regional sales and them drove to meet her to talk. It was very easy process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate salary as the offered me upper end due to experience. I negotiated my weekends off as most sales work weekends.

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Dallas, TX).

Interview

4 days of emails, then quick phone interview. Flew to Dallas for 45 minutes face to face. Told we could stay in our area. After home, we were offered to go three states away.

Interview Questions

• Can you work with your spouse 36 hours straight? Have you looked at Glassdoor?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Only where we would go and then we were sent somewhere else anyway.

CM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement in July 2014.

Interview

Process went through external recruiter, regional recruiter, regional manager, regional recruiter (different region), community executive director, regional director via phone, skype, phone, in person, phone, in person, phone (seven interviews in total).

Server Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Menomonee Falls, WI) in July 2014.

Interview

They were so desperate for workers that there wasn't really a interview and paper work was filled out three days later after I started working. They had several people quit on them so I started right away with no type of training even though it wasn't needed because it was self explanatory.

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2014.

Interview

After applying online, there was an Initial prearranged Skype interview with a recruiter, that was followed by a phone interview with a regional director that controlled the geographical area of the country that we had expressed an interest in being assigned to.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview

The hiring/interview process is simple, if you are comfortable with a boiler room mentality then you will do great. That is what they are looking for. Be prepared to role-play, be confident, dress professionally. The hiring process takes about a week; this is mostly because of the background check.

Interview Questions

• There were no truly difficult or unexpected questions, it is a very straight forward interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase is nonexistent.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement in April 2014.

Interview

I was hired to be the part time bus driver. During the interview I was told that I would be asked to "change a light-bulb once in a while." After the first day the maintenance head told me I should bring a set of clothing for "painting." I was then told by the c0-manangers that I needed to keep the coffee pots filled and clean up those areas. I have done, and will not do anything that is not associated with driving or getting things at say a hardware store and bringing them back.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been arrested for a felony? Can you pass a drug test?   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement in March 2014.

Interview

Filled out application online and included resume. First interview was over the phone, then an "in person" interview was scheduled about 2 weeks later. Met at a community just a few hours from home. Interviewed in one of the apartments at a kitchen table. Interviewer was great, very professional. Longer than most interviews. Was then offered a 3rd interview in Atlanta (I think) with the Regional or Area Manager.

Interview Questions

Money. They have a "standard" amount they pay incoming managers. It would have resulted in a 50% pay cut for me. I couldn't believe how little they pay. Yes, you can get bonuses, but not enough to repay the lost income. The company offers you free room and board and 3 meals a day in the dining room, but for me it still wasn't enough money. It also did not seem "family friendly". We have to live on site and we have children, which I was fine with, but they were not. All four of us couldn't live in a 1 bedroom apartment. I think this is how they get around hiring people with children.

Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Helena, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Helena, MT) in March 2014.

Interview

Answered ad for work on Craig's List. Interview consisted of a five minute conversation with the manager. I was hired within a week, once the terms of pay were OK'd by upper management.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a good driving record?   1 Answer

Co-manger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Bakersfield, CA).

Interview

Came in - passed background check - offered job