Holiday Retirement Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.1

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newberg, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Newberg, OR) in January 2014.

Interview

I walked into the office and asked the hiring manager if there were any openings. She had me fill out an application and asked me to wait after I was done for an interview. Once I finished filling out the application she brought me into the office and asked me when I wanted to start. She didn't even look at my application or ask me a single question. Granted, I did have a well liked employee go in and give me a good reference.

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Tampa, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

I filled out their application. Shortly afterward, I received a phone call and had a short interview. They asked me about my job history, how I enjoyed my free time, and if I liked working with people. By the end of the call I was offered the job. I answered in the affirmative. I started a week later.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Portland, OR) in January 2014.

Interview

While Holiday Retirement interview processes varies wildly depending on the location/management, mine was exceptionally easy. I applied in-person and was hired soon after. They were short on staff and desperate. I didn't even get asked real questions besides what else I was doing with my time.

Regonal Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement in November 2013.

Interview

Very long and drawn out process (6 weeks total).

Interview Questions

• I did not find any of the interview questions to be difficult. They use mostly situational based questions so they can determine how you would respond in a real life setting   Answer Question

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palatine, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Palatine, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Had the phone interview. Which went well. Were told to go to the nearest community to get a feel for it. Recruiter emailed next day, she was very rude and unprofessional.
    After explaining, flew us to Chicago for face to face interview. She had openin, since we were the only couple that could start within 2 weeks. Were told she would email the regional manager Thursday to call us Friday. That was a week ago. Received another rude email.
    That lady was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• None. All she did was talk about herself.   1 Answer

Food Server Interview

Interview

I was called in for an interview. Then I had to watch a video

Community Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Pittsburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (West Pittsburg, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online. A recruiter emailed me with a time for a phone interview. After the phone interview the recruiter asked us to go to an interview in person. After the interview in person, a phone interview with a Regional Director was conducted. Within the day the recruiter called with an offer,

Interview Questions

• How hard is it for you to balance your personal life and work?   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Pretty much if their are two of you and you have a pulse you will get hired. At least until the run a background check after sending you to training and it turns up you have a felony record. Ops shoul have run it prior to hiring don't you think!

Interview Questions

• Do you help assist in emergencied   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you have a pulse you are hired.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview

The process was initiated by a recruiter. After passing the recruiting "sniff test", I was interviewed by the RSL (Regional Sales Leader). It was his enthusiam that prompted me to move to the next step - an interview with his boss, the RD (Regional Director). That was where a red flag waved but I chose to ignore it. The interview with the RD took less than 3 minutes - literally! (Strike 1). I read the reviews on Glassdoor and chose to ignore those - it couldn't be that bad, could it? (Strike 2). I spoke with a friend whose relative is a resident but did not heed negative input. (Strike 3). I accepted the position. What a mistake!

Interview Questions

• How do you react to pressure?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is the offer - no negotiations.

Community Sales Leader Interview

Application

I interviewed at Holiday Retirement in August 2013.

Interview

First an interview on Skype with Corporate Recruiter which was great. He was a good interviewer and sent me to an interview with the Regional Manager. That interview was very short and he hardly asked any questions. I didn't get an offer and was initially disappointed but the turnover is very high in my area and across the country. Plus, some people I respect have very negative things to say about this organization so maybe it is best I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

See What Holiday Retirement Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star     Current Community Manager

Pros: “Holiday Retirement, to put it simply, is in a transitional period right now. I could provide you with Pros about this job in the context of the structure of the company before the recent...”“Holiday Retirement, to put it simply, is in a transitional period right now. I could provide you with Pros about this job in the context of the structure of the company before the recent changes, but to attempt to list pros about the new structure would be dishonest. The only real pro I can list with any honesty is getting to know some of the residents who live at these communities. Every other aspect of this job will turn sour and any joy you can derive from it will be robbed from you.” – Full Review