Holiday Retirement Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Holiday Retirement Interview Questions

Updated Dec 14, 2017

2.1

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement in March 2014.

Interview

Filled out application online and included resume. First interview was over the phone, then an "in person" interview was scheduled about 2 weeks later. Met at a community just a few hours from home. Interviewed in one of the apartments at a kitchen table. Interviewer was great, very professional. Longer than most interviews. Was then offered a 3rd interview in Atlanta (I think) with the Regional or Area Manager.

Interview Questions

Money. They have a "standard" amount they pay incoming managers. It would have resulted in a 50% pay cut for me. I couldn't believe how little they pay. Yes, you can get bonuses, but not enough to repay the lost income. The company offers you free room and board and 3 meals a day in the dining room, but for me it still wasn't enough money. It also did not seem "family friendly". We have to live on site and we have children, which I was fine with, but they were not. All four of us couldn't live in a 1 bedroom apartment. I think this is how they get around hiring people with children.

Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Helena, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Helena, MT) in March 2014.

Interview

Answered ad for work on Craig's List. Interview consisted of a five minute conversation with the manager. I was hired within a week, once the terms of pay were OK'd by upper management.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a good driving record?   1 Answer

Co-manger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Bakersfield, CA).

Interview

Came in - passed background check - offered job

Co Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement.

Interview

Begin with recruiter at the home office for a phone interview. Meet with a recruiter in person. Phone interview with a regional director. Offer from recruiter (or not)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There isn't much of one

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newberg, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Newberg, OR) in January 2014.

Interview

I walked into the office and asked the hiring manager if there were any openings. She had me fill out an application and asked me to wait after I was done for an interview. Once I finished filling out the application she brought me into the office and asked me when I wanted to start. She didn't even look at my application or ask me a single question. Granted, I did have a well liked employee go in and give me a good reference.

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Tampa, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

I filled out their application. Shortly afterward, I received a phone call and had a short interview. They asked me about my job history, how I enjoyed my free time, and if I liked working with people. By the end of the call I was offered the job. I answered in the affirmative. I started a week later.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Portland, OR) in January 2014.

Interview

While Holiday Retirement interview processes varies wildly depending on the location/management, mine was exceptionally easy. I applied in-person and was hired soon after. They were short on staff and desperate. I didn't even get asked real questions besides what else I was doing with my time.

Community Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2014.

Interview

Initially seemed too good to be true. We begun with a phone interview, and the next thing we knew, we were on our way to a face-to-face in Las Vegas (airfare and accommodations included). The interview went fantastic! The recruiter told us the job was more than likely ours and we would meet via Skype with the Regional Director. However, during the interview the recruiter proceeds to tell us that the original Manager position we applied for (SoCal) filled, and they’d likely have a spot in AZ, to which we agreed. Fast forward a few days, we’re told AZ is out, and we’re asked if we’d consider Redding, CA. After agreeing to Redding, that was the last we had any contact with Holiday Retirement. After numerous emails & calls, the recruiter never got back to us again.
    Very fishy and unprofessional business practices!

Regonal Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement in November 2013.

Interview

Very long and drawn out process (6 weeks total).

Interview Questions

• I did not find any of the interview questions to be difficult. They use mostly situational based questions so they can determine how you would respond in a real life setting   Answer Question

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palatine, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Retirement (Palatine, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Had the phone interview. Which went well. Were told to go to the nearest community to get a feel for it. Recruiter emailed next day, she was very rude and unprofessional.
    After explaining, flew us to Chicago for face to face interview. She had openin, since we were the only couple that could start within 2 weeks. Were told she would email the regional manager Thursday to call us Friday. That was a week ago. Received another rude email.
    That lady was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• None. All she did was talk about herself.   1 Answer