Holland America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 15, 2017

2.6

Revenue Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Onsite interviews with 5 people, manager and above. Each interview lasted about 30-40 mins. Many behavioral questions and what interests me to work in cruise industry. They really values the passion for cruise.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holland America (Anchorage, AK) in September 2016.

Interview

Discussed CDL prosesses, DOT regulations, team work, safety and respect for the 45 foot coaches these students are learning to drive. Reviewed requirements on what is expected from me to help these student acquire their CDL class B license.

Interview Questions

• If your having difficulty with a student understanding a portion of training how would you handle it.   1 Answer

Seasonal Reservation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied on indeed. Heard back within a week via phone screen. I passed that, and went on to a face/face interview. While this interview was pleasant and nice, they did not tell me about the weekend hours. Why did the recruiter lie? I feel as this was very misleading. I also feel as the commute is very fair away for someone that does not live downtown. I would be taking the bus, and it would be over an hour to get there each day.

It seems as though the office was quite empty as well, but it could be that I had my interview at lunchtime?

Personal Cruise Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Initial screening phone call followed by online skill assessment. Second interview is over the phone by a third party using a script of questions. They are only allowed to read the questions and offer no guidance on interpretation or any knowledge about the job or the company. All of the scripted questions are pretty generic and most don't really have anything to do with the particular job.

Internal Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

There were four separate interviews spread out over a 2 month period. First a general phone screen with Human Resources, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by a skype interview with the hiring manager's manager, and finally a two-parter - an interview in-person with the hiring manager and then via video conference with six members of them team in California. The interviews were simple basically asking about my experience, why I was interested in working for Holland America, etc. After all of this, and a promise by both the hiring manager and HR rep to get back to me within days, I still (1 month later) have not heard back from Holland America.

Data Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Round 1 was a interesting. I was asked a few behavioral questions and I had to send answers via recorded video. Round 2 was casual + questions based on resume. Round 3 was technical.

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA).

Interview

the interview was in a relax environment with all knowledgeable people asking the questions. This helped the overall process.

The job interview reflects very accurate the working atmosphere in the team and the overall feeling of the company of a positive nature.

After the interview the positive advise of being hired was advised rapidly and clear including the pay scale and other benefits. Overall a professional and pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• My goals in the near future   1 Answer

Driver Guide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Juneau, AK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Holland America (Juneau, AK) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online to the company website. After waiting a few days, I received a call and set up an interview time.Had a phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes. The interview was pretty casual and not too difficult. The interviewer is just trying to get a sense of who you are over the phone, so you want to be as comfortable when you are talking to them. You will be interacting with strangers on a daily basis at this job, so you have to be able to be at ease when you are speaking with people you don't know. Practice answering the normal interview type questions so you can sound smooth.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, and what are you looking for in this job. Tell me about some of the previous jobs you have had and what did you enjoy about them. What were some of the things you liked about your last job, and what were some things you did not like.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not really able to negotiate. The wages have already been set by the company and are pretty fixed.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The interview was short and to the point. The technical background was important as well as PM experience in the projects they were bringing on over the next year. Very dry interviewers.

Interview Questions

• At what capacity have you managed technical projects in the past?   Answer Question

Personal Cruise Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

resume - brief phone interview with invitation to take written on-line test. If you pass this there is a long phone interview with outside vetting agency and finally, if they give you a high score you get a face to face with the department head / heads. This final interview took 30-40 minutes with both the interviewers asking questions.

Interview Questions

• There must have been at least one person who grated on your nerves at your last position, tell us how you handled it. ( a couple along this line ) What makes you think you would be good at this job? Why did you leave your last job? How often were you late? (hint.. never is a good answer) Describe a stressful situation and how you handled it. Describe a time you went above and beyond with customer service.   1 Answer