Holland America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2018

2.6

Reservation Sales Agent (Work At Home) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holland America (Davenport, FL).

Interview

I applied online for Reservation Sales Agent (Work at Home), the interview was fairly easy but it was lots of question, it was done by webcam. I haven't heard anything back yet.

Interview Questions

• There was many questions but I'll share this one, it was about how would I go about selling a product and closing it.   1 Answer
    • My online interview was 3/13, does anyone out there know how long before I hear back ?   1 Answer

Logistics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

HR recruiter contacted me saying I should apply. I applied online, called for 1st interview with the manager, called back for 2nd interview after about 3 weeks for a panel interview, offered a job after a couple weeks later. In all it took a while but I was patient since I really wanted the job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Did not call me for my phone interview, and when I called there was no voicemail set up to prove I had tried to call at least. Interviewer was clunky

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Holland America in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about 3 weeks after submitting my online application. The phone screening went well, and the recruiter mentioned he would follow up with me within the next week. A week went by with no contact from the recruiter so I sent an email to follow up. No response. I continued to follow up over the next couple weeks with still no reply. At this point, I am assuming they have moved on in the process, however, I find it very unprofessional for the recruiter to ignore my mail/phone calls.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online, got an email back a several months later asking me to submit a video interview through montage. The deadline for the interview submission was two weeks before the start date. A week later I still hadn't heard back, so I reached out to ask about the progress of my application. They informed me they had already given it to someone else, presumably deciding to not notify any of their other candidates. If you're looking for a professional company who values its applicants enough to dignify the interview they spent two days on with a rejection then look elsewhere, because clearly you're not even worth a 'No' to them.

Revenue Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Onsite interviews with 5 people, manager and above. Each interview lasted about 30-40 mins. Many behavioral questions and what interests me to work in cruise industry. They really values the passion for cruise.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Informative ad detailed. Talked about the details of the job and the day to day duties. Met with the parties involved. I asked a lot of questions and they provided honest answers.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holland America (Anchorage, AK) in September 2016.

Interview

Discussed CDL prosesses, DOT regulations, team work, safety and respect for the 45 foot coaches these students are learning to drive. Reviewed requirements on what is expected from me to help these student acquire their CDL class B license.

Interview Questions

• If your having difficulty with a student understanding a portion of training how would you handle it.   1 Answer

Seasonal Reservation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied on indeed. Heard back within a week via phone screen. I passed that, and went on to a face/face interview. While this interview was pleasant and nice, they did not tell me about the weekend hours. Why did the recruiter lie? I feel as this was very misleading. I also feel as the commute is very fair away for someone that does not live downtown. I would be taking the bus, and it would be over an hour to get there each day.

It seems as though the office was quite empty as well, but it could be that I had my interview at lunchtime?

Personal Cruise Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Initial screening phone call followed by online skill assessment. Second interview is over the phone by a third party using a script of questions. They are only allowed to read the questions and offer no guidance on interpretation or any knowledge about the job or the company. All of the scripted questions are pretty generic and most don't really have anything to do with the particular job.