Holland America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Holland America

2.5

Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Typical interview process. 15 min screening call with HR. After that, set up a 45-60min in person interview. Process was easy, they are very slow/bad about getting back to you though.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time.where you faced a difficult situation and how you overcame it.   Answer Question
    • What is your worst trait or quality/ what do you need to work on the most.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA) in April 2019.

Interview

After I applied online, they asked me to send in a video interview. After they reviewed it, they offered me a position as an intern! The whole process was very straight forward and easy.

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA) in March 2019.

Interview

Questions are usually met with vague answers and skirt the line of what they mean - I.E. what is the pay - $690 (They won't clarify that this is monthly and not weekly)

Interview Questions

• They will ask you about the basic fundamental mechanics of a camera that you learn in a high school photo class. That's about it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA) in March 2019.

Interview

Applied online and was requested to do a video interview. Allowed to record as many times as you'd like, until you were satisfied. Got an offer shortly after and accepted. Never actual met with anyone from the company during the interview process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Holland America in March 2019.

Interview

Applied online with resume and cover letter. Was offered a video interview about one month later. You could re-record yourself until satisfied. There were more questions about soft skills rather than technical.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Holland America.

Interview

First round was a phone interview with HR, then a in-person interview with the hiring manager, and a final round that is in-person with supervisors/management (some may join by phone).

Interview Questions

• What is a challenging situation you encountered in the past and how you did overcome it?   Answer Question

HR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA) in September 2018.

Interview

Avoid at all cost! They have a very nice office but from the people I met, I would not want to work there. They ridicule you and your prior experience. Both they managers I interviewed with I could tell are on a power trip. No phone interview they will send you an email to come in and FYI there's no parking so your going to have to pay and park somewhere close by.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Holland America.

Interview

Staffing company sent my resume. I was invited to the interview at the company office. I was interviewed by 3 people at the same time. The interview took about 30 min. First they told me about the position then asked me all the questions.

Cruise Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Holland America in July 2018.

Interview

Received an email that I was a candidate for the position and the first step was a phone interview of about 20 minutes asking my background and work experience. Other questions were asked like "What did I have to offer to the position", etc. I was told that I would know by the end of the week if I was chosen to move on to the next step - I received an email that afternoon that I was. The next step was an online computer assessment. I passed that immediately and then was asked to move to the third step - another online assessment with 4 simulation calls regarding customer service followed by 100 "talent" questions on my personality, how I would respond to certain issues, etc. I felt I did well with the calls - the customers were always happy at the end of the calls. The 100 questions is apparently where I messed up - apparently I was too honest in answering questions pertaining to customer service, etc. I received an email the next morning that I was out of consideration. Even though I had been told that based on my experience and background, the hiring manager was interested in me for the Sept training class. So my advice - answer the entire assessment with answers you think they want to hear, not what you actually think. I did email the interviewer twice, and called once (left a message) , to inquire as to why I was not selected to move to the final step - the video interview with the hiring manager. No response. I truly think it would be beneficial to at least receive a courtesy response so one knows what they did wrong and what can be improved upon should they choose to apply again. Very upsetting ending to what started out as a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What qualities did I have that would be beneficial to the position?   1 Answer

Reservation Sales Agent (Work At Home) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holland America (Davenport, FL).

Interview

I applied online for Reservation Sales Agent (Work at Home), the interview was fairly easy but it was lots of question, it was done by webcam. I haven't heard anything back yet.

Interview Questions

• There was many questions but I'll share this one, it was about how would I go about selling a product and closing it.   1 Answer
    • My online interview was 3/13, does anyone out there know how long before I hear back ?   1 Answer