Holland America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2018

2.6

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy. I went in for a first round interview with three folks from the department that lasted about an hour, left feeling not that great. Was called back a few days later and asked to come in for a second interview. Second interview was similar to the first - very formal, but relaxed. A few days after that, I was notified I got the job.
    I wasn't given an timeline or application schedule or anything, I had to ask what the next steps were and when I could expect to hear something.

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Holland America.

Interview

I was a contractor and then converted full time. The process was fairly straight forward as I had already demonstrated my abilities and the leaders / Managers liked what they saw.

Negotiation

Mutually acceptable negotiations.

Internal Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

There were four separate interviews spread out over a 2 month period. First a general phone screen with Human Resources, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by a skype interview with the hiring manager's manager, and finally a two-parter - an interview in-person with the hiring manager and then via video conference with six members of them team in California. The interviews were simple basically asking about my experience, why I was interested in working for Holland America, etc. After all of this, and a promise by both the hiring manager and HR rep to get back to me within days, I still (1 month later) have not heard back from Holland America.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA) in February 2009.

Interview

The interview process is very long and there was a lot of red tape. The actual interview was great.

Interview Questions

• What technologies do you know?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was good, they gave me a low offer than what I wanted, but came back and gave me the salary I wanted.

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions. Nothing out of ordinary. I sat down with one of the managers and he walked me though the job and asked me about my qualifications. We chatted for a bit and he seemed impressed. I believe I would have gotten the job if they had no already chosen an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What is your five year goal plan?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA) in March 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with 2 people - each was 20 mins long. Basic questions about my resume and background. didn't really have that much to talk about since interview was so brief.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holland America (Anchorage, AK) in September 2016.

Interview

Discussed CDL prosesses, DOT regulations, team work, safety and respect for the 45 foot coaches these students are learning to drive. Reviewed requirements on what is expected from me to help these student acquire their CDL class B license.

Interview Questions

• If your having difficulty with a student understanding a portion of training how would you handle it.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online, got an email back a several months later asking me to submit a video interview through montage. The deadline for the interview submission was two weeks before the start date. A week later I still hadn't heard back, so I reached out to ask about the progress of my application. They informed me they had already given it to someone else, presumably deciding to not notify any of their other candidates. If you're looking for a professional company who values its applicants enough to dignify the interview they spent two days on with a rejection then look elsewhere, because clearly you're not even worth a 'No' to them.

Revenue Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Onsite interviews with 5 people, manager and above. Each interview lasted about 30-40 mins. Many behavioral questions and what interests me to work in cruise industry. They really values the passion for cruise.

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Holland America in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about 3 weeks after submitting my online application. The phone screening went well, and the recruiter mentioned he would follow up with me within the next week. A week went by with no contact from the recruiter so I sent an email to follow up. No response. I continued to follow up over the next couple weeks with still no reply. At this point, I am assuming they have moved on in the process, however, I find it very unprofessional for the recruiter to ignore my mail/phone calls.