Holland America Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

2.6

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Did not call me for my phone interview, and when I called there was no voicemail set up to prove I had tried to call at least. Interviewer was clunky

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online, got an email back a several months later asking me to submit a video interview through montage. The deadline for the interview submission was two weeks before the start date. A week later I still hadn't heard back, so I reached out to ask about the progress of my application. They informed me they had already given it to someone else, presumably deciding to not notify any of their other candidates. If you're looking for a professional company who values its applicants enough to dignify the interview they spent two days on with a rejection then look elsewhere, because clearly you're not even worth a 'No' to them.

Revenue Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Onsite interviews with 5 people, manager and above. Each interview lasted about 30-40 mins. Many behavioral questions and what interests me to work in cruise industry. They really values the passion for cruise.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Informative ad detailed. Talked about the details of the job and the day to day duties. Met with the parties involved. I asked a lot of questions and they provided honest answers.

Seasonal Reservation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied on indeed. Heard back within a week via phone screen. I passed that, and went on to a face/face interview. While this interview was pleasant and nice, they did not tell me about the weekend hours. Why did the recruiter lie? I feel as this was very misleading. I also feel as the commute is very fair away for someone that does not live downtown. I would be taking the bus, and it would be over an hour to get there each day.

It seems as though the office was quite empty as well, but it could be that I had my interview at lunchtime?

Personal Cruise Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Initial screening phone call followed by online skill assessment. Second interview is over the phone by a third party using a script of questions. They are only allowed to read the questions and offer no guidance on interpretation or any knowledge about the job or the company. All of the scripted questions are pretty generic and most don't really have anything to do with the particular job.

Internal Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

There were four separate interviews spread out over a 2 month period. First a general phone screen with Human Resources, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by a skype interview with the hiring manager's manager, and finally a two-parter - an interview in-person with the hiring manager and then via video conference with six members of them team in California. The interviews were simple basically asking about my experience, why I was interested in working for Holland America, etc. After all of this, and a promise by both the hiring manager and HR rep to get back to me within days, I still (1 month later) have not heard back from Holland America.

Data Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Round 1 was a interesting. I was asked a few behavioral questions and I had to send answers via recorded video. Round 2 was casual + questions based on resume. Round 3 was technical.

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA).

Interview

the interview was in a relax environment with all knowledgeable people asking the questions. This helped the overall process.

The job interview reflects very accurate the working atmosphere in the team and the overall feeling of the company of a positive nature.

After the interview the positive advise of being hired was advised rapidly and clear including the pay scale and other benefits. Overall a professional and pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• My goals in the near future   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Holland America (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The interview was short and to the point. The technical background was important as well as PM experience in the projects they were bringing on over the next year. Very dry interviewers.

Interview Questions

• At what capacity have you managed technical projects in the past?   Answer Question