Holland Operation Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Holland Operation Supervisor Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2016

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Holland (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

The first 30 minutes of the interview was with the Terminal Manager and then the Operations Manager joined us for the last hour. The interview consisted of a review of the resume, basic questions regarding experience in the LTL industry, and previous employment. No STAR format questions were asked. Received a follow-up email the next day with a link to complete a personality profile. It has been over a month and I have not heard back from them since - no offer. Good overall experience though.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself; what experience do you have in the LTL industry; why should we hire you...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Holland

Anonymous Employee in Jeffersonville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holland (Jeffersonville, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

Very informal interview with the Terminal Manager and Operations Manager, both were wearing hoodies. Lasted about 3 hours including a tour of warehouse. Be yourself don't worry about saying the right thing. Interview was based on discussion and if you can hold conversation, more so than formal interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What kind of "learner are you?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Once I got the "intent" to hire call, which was about 3 days after my 1:1 interview, the TM said he was going to submit that to HR and wait for their response back as to how much they were going to offer. About two days after the initial intent to hire call, I got another phone call from the TM with the initial offer, which was below what I was expecting, so I counter offered and I got another call the following week accepting my counteroffer, which was on a Thursday, by the following Monday I started my first day. You will go through a background check, mainly looking for major issues, such as felonies or theft, as well as a drug screening that you will do at a local immediate care center about 5 miles outside of the terminal.

Operation Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holland in September 2014.

Interview

the interview was a normal one on one process with your typical interview questions. Hired on within a week if you accept the position. Requires a drug test for supervisors, and a DOT physical for dock/road employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holland (Kansas City, KS) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online through job site. Got a phone call a week later from terminal manager asking a few basic questions off resume and offered an in person interview at the location of the position. Wasn't given any directions of where to go or where to even park at the terminal. Terminal manager had no idea how to even conduct an interview. Interview got interrupted a lot by other employees who never apologized for breaching in. Interview consisted your basic questions "been in trucking industry" "how many people have you managed" "can you handle always changing environment". After interview, terminal manager walked me around the terminal to see the operations for a little bit.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Interview

It only took 8 days to get hired!

Interview Questions

• No out of the ordinary questions, just be confident and you should do well   Answer Question

Operation Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Holland in October 2011.

Interview

The recruiting agency connected me to USF Holland during a hiring conference and I interviewed with two gentlemen. The following week I did a site visit at a terminal which was then followed up with another interview with a senior level manager a week later. The next week I returned to the original terminal, did a final meeting concerning salary negotiation and benefits. I was hired, asked when I wanted to start, and began the next Monday (my choice).
       I was impressed with the no-nonsense approach that each person within the USF Holland management operated by. They were very professional and let me know ahead of time that it was not an easy job. I quickly realized that they had my back.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you failed as a leader.   1 Answer
    • What would you do if an employee refused to do what you told him to do.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Surprisingly, I asked for $50K and was given $2K more. The benefits were good and it is a stable job. I would warn anyone with thin skin who is considering applying to go somewhere else. The dock workers are a hard working bunch but the union attitude is ridiculous.

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Holland Operations Supervisor Interview Minneapolis, MN Tell me about yourself; what experience do you have in the LTL industry; why should we hire you...
Holland Operations Supervisor Interview Jeffersonville, IN What kind of "learner are you?"
Holland Operation Supervisor Interview What are your strengths and weaknesses.
Holland Operations Supervisor Interview No out of the ordinary questions, just be confident and you should do well
Holland Operation Supervisor Interview Give me an example of a time when you failed as a leader.
Holland Operation Supervisor Interview What would you do if an employee refused to do what you told him to do.