Holland & Barrett Retail Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Assistant Manager

Holland & Barrett Retail Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Holland & Barrett Retail

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed as a 5hr contract last year with a great manager and it went really well he was nice and polite. I dressed well and I felt comfortable and the questions were of relevance to me and my skills and cv.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Holland & Barrett Retail

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (Leicester, England (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

So I spent a couple of days researching is this a company to work for.
    I had an interview planned for 13.30 and arrived 13.20 my first interaction with the manager was go away your to early!! Come back at 14.00!
    Arrived back at 14.00 to be told by a shop floor colleague that the manager was busy and she would interview me instead. Alarm bells indeed. The colleague can be heard asking for instruction next door how to interview as she had never done it before. Manager can be heard to say " it's scripted just follow the form"
    So the colleague sits nervously trying to read the interview questions and asks what I know about Holland and Barrett followed by some competency questions and KPIs. I continue to answer and realise the colleague is writing nothing down just observing. She keeps saying sorry about this the manager will be in soon. The interview is complete and I dig and ask the colleague some probing questions and she has no depth to understanding my questions or the bigger picture of the company. Feeling awkward she leaves me in a room on my own and says the manager will come soon. 5 minutes later the manager enters and apologises she tells me she should walk me round but is pushed for time shakes my hand and says thanks for coming she will obtain more detail from her colleague.
    Wow just when I thought in retail I had seen it all this was on a new level...
    In my 25 years as a retail manager conducting interviews as a professional I had a taste of what appalling looks like and how never to represent a company.
    First question - why advertise the vacancy and what happened to the last Assistant Manager.
    Second question - If your snowed under and can't commit why not be honest and ask if it's ok to reschedule?
    Suffice to say I received an email saying I was unsuccessful but of course I was, I failed the minute I bithered to turn up.
    Holland and Barrett are ranked as 1 0f 10 worst places to work. It's very easy to see how you got here. Shameful Leicester Highcross

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to motivate a colleague and what did you do?   Answer Question

Holland & Barrett Retail Response

Aug 23, 2018 – Head of Resourcing

I am saddened to read about your recent experience, this is not how I would like anyone to feel after attending and interview with Holland & Barrett, and I would hope not reflective of the... More

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2017.

Interview

terrible. taken in store room. manager seemed retarded. unprofessional . clearly new to process as i knew ore than her. thats all i can say. very low opinion. regret going to interview