Holland & Barrett Retail Buying Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Holland & Barrett Retail

1 Interview Review

4.0

Buying Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nuneaton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (Nuneaton, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and received a call the next day.
I had an interview by the end of the week. The questions were okay but one of the interviewers was very condescending and grilled me. I then was told I had a second interview, scheduled after Christmas for the end of January. The second interview was with two Buyers. I had to complete an excel task and then have an interview with the two women. Who were also talking about how much work would have to be done and 'can you really see yourself sitting at a desk on the phone for 9 hours a day' Giving me a negative view.
Then I was told after the interview I would hear back within two weeks. Two weeks went by and I hadn't heard anything, so I called them. I was told the hiring manager was still in the process of making a decision, and I would hear back by the end of the week.
Two weeks went by again, and I was not happy. I thought I hadn't got the job, but would have liked feedback. I phoned again, to be told, AGAIN that a decision still hadn't been made. I then heard back two weeks later via email saying I was unsuccessful because I did not have enough experience. This process took a total of 3 months! Total lack of professionalism.
Very rude, and inconsiderate.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a buying assistant if you studied English and Journalism?   Answer Question