Holland & Barrett Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Holland & Barrett Retail Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.3

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail.

Interview

Poor, no reflection on what the company want. They outline the key facts but hide the truth from you till you start. Expectations are not outlined until you start your career, they promise you everything but never follow up on it.

Interview Questions

• We operate on a 38.75hr contract. How are you working on that basis?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wimbledon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (Wimbledon, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was invited to an interview and trial. Interview was very casual, manager looked at CV and asked about experience, asked me to tell me about myself, etc.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the job. I got an interview call the next day. I was asked to select a slot. I arrived on time. I met the manager. She asked me a few basic questions related to sales and customer service. Overall, it was roughly a 20 minute interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you worked as part of a team and worked towards a common goal.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your achievements so far that you are so proud of?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Holland & Barrett?   Answer Question

Senior Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (Leeds, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied on line on H&B website, got an email offering interview. The interview which took an hour and asked basic interview questions. Got 2nd interview. Was told this is just to see is the area manager likes you!

Interview Questions

• 1st question was would I be willing to do the 90 hrs + of studying. If not the interview was not worth carrying on.   Answer Question
    • would you stay behind and work to achieve a store target for no extra pay.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail.

Interview

I submitted my CV online and then attended a face to face interview. They have a really cheesy careers area on their website which did put me off a bit.

Interview Questions

• Not many really, more interested in telling me about herself and just how good she was! I left not wanting the job anyway.   Answer Question

Retail Store Associate: Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ely, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (Ely, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Getting the interview was easy, answered the online questions, sent my CV. A few days later was invited to book an interview online for the following week. Started the interview on the shop floor. Was asked to pick out of a folder to sell a product to the interviewer, had to point out in the store where it was and how i would sell it. Was meant to do a part of interacting with customers but it was a quiet day so it was skipped. Went to the back to complete questions, very generic sales questions (which was no good for me really as i was new to sales) and talked about and where the training would be. Was very laid back, talked about the questions in dept and seemed a good interview. As i left gave my photocopies of my right to work and was told i'd hear that Saturday either way, a phone call if i got the job and a email if not. Waited all day and got nothing, had to send a message myself to the company to find out i had been unsuccessful (which was really disappointing as communication up till then was fantastic.)

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Neath, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (Neath, Wales (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Fairly easy interview, based upon behavioural interview questions. I applied in store then was called back for an interview the next week, was told I would know by Monday. Did not receive a phone call until Thursday, but was told I got the job! Then had to travel for training prior to starting, travel expenses were paid for.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail in January 2017.

Interview

It felt quite informal and friendly, first the manager showed me around the store. I was then asked to look through a book of all of their products and pick one to sell to them - I picked apple cider vinegar as I use this a lot.

I was then taken to the office where I was asked a few set questions. They were just the standard retail interview questions, there wasn't anything that really caught me off guard.

I was then taken onto the shop floor where I was asked to approach customers. They really stressed the importance of saying 'what can I help you with today' as this doesn't give the customer as much of a chance to brush you off and refuse help, whereas if you say 'can I help you with anything' the customer will often just say no.

This went quite well, most customers were looking for a specific product so I would ask the manager for help if I didn't know where it was. It helps to know how the penny sale works (especially if it's happening at the time of your interview) and to understand how the loyalty card works.

I was then taken into the office again for the final part of the interview and asked about my time on the shop floor. Mostly things about what you could improve, what you learnt, and what you thought went well.

Although I didn't get the job it was a very enjoyable interview. I heard back within a week of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What could you have done better when dealing with customers?   Answer Question

Senior Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied on their website, after two weeks they called me back for an interview with the shop manager. The interview wasn't so long. The shop manager wanted me to talk about me and my past work experiences as much as possible. They want to understand how you are motivated to get that job. After the interview they asked me immediatly to do a trial in the shop, in which I was at the till making costumer service.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nuneaton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (Nuneaton, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was great. Both of the Inerviewers made me feel really comfortable. Usually I'm nervous in interviews, but felt at ease and the interview went fantastic. I got the job :)

Interview Questions

• When are you available to start?   1 Answer