Holland & Barrett Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Holland & Barrett Retail

2.3

Sort:

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail in July 2016.

Interview

Had a 20minute shop floor trial you are asked to try to sell loyalty cards, as well and learn about a product and sell it. Then just a classic interview

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have for this position   2 Answers

Assistant Interview

Interview

one to one interview

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (London, England (UK)) in March 2010.

Interview

Recruited internally when manager left. Be fully briefed on targets, rewards for life cards, ISWAT, a presentation on what you can do to hit targets and boost your team. Area manager, and Divisional manager hold interviews.

Interview Questions

• Think of being on The Apprentice, and brace yourself. 'So what do you think you can bring to x store?'   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation it was what it was.

Accounts Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burton upon Trent, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (Burton upon Trent, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

Inflexible over time of interview, no information for finding the location or sheet to park etc. Never gave any feedback after interview even just to say thanks but no thanks. Total waste of time and petrol as they already had somebody in mind who already worked for Holland and Barrett so a poor excuse for getting my hopes up and having to go through the interview process for a non existent position.

Interview Questions

• Was I prepared to work ( free) extra hours to ensure accounts data was sent to the us holding company on time   1 Answer

Accounts Payable Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nuneaton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (Nuneaton, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

I was interviewed by two women, one who had been there for 3 years, the other 3 months. I felt quite intimidated throughout, I definitely felt as though I was being spoken down to and the sly little side-eye looks between them were incredibly obvious. They acted as though I was stupid and couldn't possibly comprehend the 'workload' (it's not that difficult to do the same thing every day I promise you), and the main emphasis was on the fact that they were a HUGE company. Huge. So huge. Just really really huge and I couldn't possibly keep up with the amount of invoice processing there was, because it was just so huge. No, I'm not joking.

Interview Questions

• How many invoices do you normally process on a weekly basis.   Answer Question

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview, a face to face with the regional and then an interview with a director. I prepared a presentation for my first face to face with the regional and we went through it but the Director did not go through this. The director is more interested in how you deliver results and what kind of person you are. Overall the interview process was good although I wasn't so sure about the job after the phone interview. I later found out I was the last person at 6.30 after a full day of phone interviews. When I met face to face my opinion really changed. The passion and commitment to the company really sold it to me and I felt it was a team I really wanted to be a part of.

Interview Questions

• Questioned around the brand values and asked to give examples of how you would live them   1 Answer

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Interview

Phone Interview, RM Interview, Store Visit, Final Stage, had to fly to Birmingham for final stage (I live in Ireland and I paid for flights hotels etc) Don't waste your time with this they have unrealistic expectations of what they are looking for on a minimal budget.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a manager who is underperforming   Answer Question

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Interview

Phone interview, then two interviews . First with rsm then with the director.i had to do swot analisys for both of the meetings. They do t ask any tricky questions

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed as a 5hr contract last year with a great manager and it went really well he was nice and polite. I dressed well and I felt comfortable and the questions were of relevance to me and my skills and cv.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (Leicester, England (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

So I spent a couple of days researching is this a company to work for.
    I had an interview planned for 13.30 and arrived 13.20 my first interaction with the manager was go away your to early!! Come back at 14.00!
    Arrived back at 14.00 to be told by a shop floor colleague that the manager was busy and she would interview me instead. Alarm bells indeed. The colleague can be heard asking for instruction next door how to interview as she had never done it before. Manager can be heard to say " it's scripted just follow the form"
    So the colleague sits nervously trying to read the interview questions and asks what I know about Holland and Barrett followed by some competency questions and KPIs. I continue to answer and realise the colleague is writing nothing down just observing. She keeps saying sorry about this the manager will be in soon. The interview is complete and I dig and ask the colleague some probing questions and she has no depth to understanding my questions or the bigger picture of the company. Feeling awkward she leaves me in a room on my own and says the manager will come soon. 5 minutes later the manager enters and apologises she tells me she should walk me round but is pushed for time shakes my hand and says thanks for coming she will obtain more detail from her colleague.
    Wow just when I thought in retail I had seen it all this was on a new level...
    In my 25 years as a retail manager conducting interviews as a professional I had a taste of what appalling looks like and how never to represent a company.
    First question - why advertise the vacancy and what happened to the last Assistant Manager.
    Second question - If your snowed under and can't commit why not be honest and ask if it's ok to reschedule?
    Suffice to say I received an email saying I was unsuccessful but of course I was, I failed the minute I bithered to turn up.
    Holland and Barrett are ranked as 1 0f 10 worst places to work. It's very easy to see how you got here. Shameful Leicester Highcross

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to motivate a colleague and what did you do?   Answer Question

Holland & Barrett Retail Response

Aug 23, 2018 – Head of Resourcing

I am saddened to read about your recent experience, this is not how I would like anyone to feel after attending and interview with Holland & Barrett, and I would hope not reflective of the... More