Holland & Barrett Retail Part-time Sales Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Holland & Barrett Retail Part-time Sales Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Holland & Barrett Retail

1 Interview Review

1.0

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Wycombe, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (High Wycombe, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

This was an absolute shambles and a total embarrassment to the brand.

I arrived 5 minutes early and was not greeted. Instead I was taken to a 'staff room' at the back of the store by who I assumed must be the manager. The room was disgusting with rotting seats, dirty walls and a dusty floor. I was left in this room, alone, for 15 minutes. When the manager finally returned he said nothing about the time delay, didn't ask me how I was and just told me to provide him with ID.

The 'interview' then followed a tedious format with the manager reciting questions from a piece of paper before writing my answers down by hand. The questions were all the classic poor interview questions such as 'Give me an example of a time you worked hard to achieve something'. This process extended for over half an hour. After the final question, the usual minute long silence was followed by my opportunity to ask my interviewer 'Anything you want to know about Holland & Barrett?'

I simply asked about what he thought H&B stands for, to which he took a good minute to think before saying, "The main thing they (H&B) stand for is wellbeing". He gave me a very struggled talk about their customer priority and 'wellbeing'.

In response to this, I asked what they do as a company to maintain their staff wellbeing. He was suddenly out of his depth and was unable to provide me with an answer. The best he could do was tell me about their commission structure which it turns out he didn't know anything about. He couldn't provide me with a single bit of knowledge on this other than 'We pay commission in a lump sum at the end of the month'. After about 10 minutes I managed to get some figures from him. He said someone working 40 hours per week can expect to get £35. That, on top of their wage (UK MINIMUM) doesn't sound like wellbeing to me.

When asked if would accept the role I instantly said "NO".

I expected more from this company. Not only have they lost a potential employee but now a customer as well. Ciao.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the company in 5 years time?   1 Answer