Holland & Barrett Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Holland & Barrett Retail Interview Questions

Interviews at Holland & Barrett Retail

2.3

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (Manchester, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

The manager asked relevant questions that you'd expect to be asked during the interview.. The interview lasted about an hour. Took place in the office with the manager of the store She made me feel comfortable.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

the actual interview lasted 20-30 minutes, funnily enough she was telling me more about herself and how she worked herself up in the company, which i didn't mind as I didn't even have to do much talking.
    Then there was a trial period to see my interaction with the customers on the shop floor.

Interview Questions

• How would you to get more sales?   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (Leeds, England (UK)).

Interview

in 2013 i applied for the pontefract store but was interviewed at white rose. Horrible. Totally knocked my confidence. I revised everything I could find out about the company. They asked questions about their products and training. there were 2 women that interviewed me and made me feel so uncomfortable, I felt they were laughing at me behind my back before the interview started and as I left the store. They never got back to me after either. Very awkward interview.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online then was contacted via email about a week later. The interview had quick and easy questions to answer. The interview had a friendly atmosphere. It took place in the back office. I was hired about a week later.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (Bristol, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was very simple and straight forward. Within about a week had an interview in store. I was going to be on the shop floor interacting with customers but was too quiet so gave out samples and read up about a problem and solutions from holland and Barrett (I chose stress and what things you can take to help) and relayed what I learnt to store manager. Then had a one to one interview with them, was straight forward, basic interview questions really

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

About an 1 hour interview with assistant manager, who was really friendly and sweet. She had questionaries with ready questions, pretty basic, so I guess they ask everyone the same.

Interview Questions

• In a previous jobs/ experiences, what was the problem that you manage to overcome and how?   Answer Question
    • Main strenghts/weaknesses   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (Liverpool, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Interviewed in-store in Liverpool Whitechapel. Extremely arrogant and unhelpful manager. She was rude and gave negative feedback on each question answered. Happily told me she had intimidated another girl out of the interview before it began (was laughing about this with other manager). Told me my degree was meaningless.

Awful, awful manager. Ruined the interview process.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got invited to an interview. I had the last slot of the day (5pm) and was taken into their staff room. I was asked 4 or 5 questions, based a lot on my past retail experience and was told about the 90 hours of studying that has to be done in your own time (presumably unpaid) and the prospect of having to sometimes work in other stores if necessary. I was then taken on to the shop floor to see how I interacted with customers, just to say hello and ask them if they needed any help, and if so, direct them to another employee who could help.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bukit Merah, Central (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (Bukit Merah, Central (Singapore)) in June 2013.

Interview

The interviewer is nice and friendly. We just have a casual chat style interview. Common question was asked such as strength, weakness, past employment history an experience. He even briefly explain the job scope at Holland and Barrett.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail in January 2017.

Interview

It felt quite informal and friendly, first the manager showed me around the store. I was then asked to look through a book of all of their products and pick one to sell to them - I picked apple cider vinegar as I use this a lot.

I was then taken to the office where I was asked a few set questions. They were just the standard retail interview questions, there wasn't anything that really caught me off guard.

I was then taken onto the shop floor where I was asked to approach customers. They really stressed the importance of saying 'what can I help you with today' as this doesn't give the customer as much of a chance to brush you off and refuse help, whereas if you say 'can I help you with anything' the customer will often just say no.

This went quite well, most customers were looking for a specific product so I would ask the manager for help if I didn't know where it was. It helps to know how the penny sale works (especially if it's happening at the time of your interview) and to understand how the loyalty card works.

I was then taken into the office again for the final part of the interview and asked about my time on the shop floor. Mostly things about what you could improve, what you learnt, and what you thought went well.

Although I didn't get the job it was a very enjoyable interview. I heard back within a week of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What could you have done better when dealing with customers?   Answer Question