Holland & Barrett Retail Store Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Holland & Barrett Retail Store Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Holland & Barrett Retail

2.9

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (York, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

The application was online, a CV was needed and a few other details. Email was sent if successful or not. Generic retail interview. Wanted you to be passionate about company and why you want to work for them. Lots of career progression

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you have coached/ taught someone?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Holland & Barrett Retail

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail in January 2019.

Interview

Interview friendly and basic retail questions. Lasted just over half an hour, felt it was cut short when I couldn’t work shifts that were not specified in job advert.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (London, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

It was fairly easy, and predictable questions were asked. I enjoyed the experience. It wasn't difficult at all. I would advise to search and revise common retail interview questions before going in and you should be fine. Of course, passion for products they sell also will be very helpful.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult customer? Give an example.   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail.

Interview

A humiliating experience, turned up to the interview to be told that there was no interview and turned away after spending a long time preparing and getting there despite having confirmation emails and texts. I was then told an interview would be rescheduled but no phone call to confirm that, which just made the situation worse. Very unprofessional and I feel very embarrassed.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Neath, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (Neath, Wales (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Fairly easy interview, based upon behavioural interview questions. I applied in store then was called back for an interview the next week, was told I would know by Monday. Did not receive a phone call until Thursday, but was told I got the job! Then had to travel for training prior to starting, travel expenses were paid for.

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail in January 2014.

Interview

Called in for a brief interview. Made to work a trial shift where you are made to interact and sell to the customers despite having no knowledge or training. After the trial shift ends, you are sent home to wait for a phone call telling you if you were successful or not.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a member of staff that you disliked.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was nothing to negotiate.

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail in July 2016.

Interview

I applied via the online application and was contacted three weeks later by email Inviting me to the assessment centre. The interview lasted about an hour and was done in a group with 12 others, with the area manager and two other store managers conducting the interview.

One by one we were asked to introduce ourselves and state one interesting fact about us, I talked about my history working at H & B and studying to become a nutritionist. Next, we were asked to choose an item in front of us and given 1 minute to individually pitch why our product should be saved in a desert island scenario. I picked Coconut oil and talked about the features and benefits of the product. Finally, we got split into three groups of four and asked to complete a task. The test was to see how well we interacted and if we worked as a team. We were then told, if successful, we would be contacted 4 days later for a one on one interview with a store manager.

Interview Questions

• Why is customer service important?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the company?   1 Answer
    • What knowledge do you have of our products?   1 Answer