Holland & Barrett Retail Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Holland & Barrett Retail Store Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Holland & Barrett Retail

2.1

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail in August 2018.

Interview

Applied online, then had an face to face interview where I answered standard questions with the Regional Manager and the a telephone interview with the Area Manager and then received a phone call from the Regional Manager to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Holland & Barrett Retail

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail.

Interview

Area manager face to face, then regional manager phone interview. Mostly about personality, who you are, what is your responsibility .How did you manage staff and KPI etc. Normal retail questions.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (Oxford, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Very slack and seemed desperate for staff was very rushed and seemed to be very keen for me to start yet never quick to tell u the statrting rates

Interview Questions

• Just basic customer service questions   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (Leeds, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Start: online application on careers site
    1.Telephone Interview with recruitment team
    2. Interview with the Area Sales Manager, informal.
    3. Interview with the Regional Sales Manager, formal.
    4. Offer made.
    5. Offer accepted or declined.

Interview Questions

• Asked regarding my KPI in my former role.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail.

Interview

Poor, no reflection on what the company want. They outline the key facts but hide the truth from you till you start. Expectations are not outlined until you start your career, they promise you everything but never follow up on it.

Interview Questions

• We operate on a 38.75hr contract. How are you working on that basis?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (Manchester, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Interviews with Area Manager and Retail Manager seperately.
    Basic knowledge of management questions. Pretty basic really. About an hour.
    Was already a Supervisor and so the getting to know me portion was skipped.

Application

Interview

unprofessional, you have only conversation with ASM and Regional Manager, so it all depends if they like you or someone wants to promote you. They should change whole recruitment process, like in other companies, you have an interview, test, shop-floor activity and you are judged by whole team of people.

Interview Questions

• Main questions are obviously about ways of increasing sales.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail.

Interview

I was invited for the interview. I was talked to about the training process and shown the books I would have to fill in for my training. We sat discussing the products they sold. This was all done in the office of the store and by the Area Sales Manager

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nuneaton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holland & Barrett Retail (Nuneaton, England (UK)) in February 2011.

Interview

Initially applied to the graduate field management scheme. I had one phone interview and then a one on one face interview at the holland and Barrett head office in nuneaton. The interview was with one of the directors and an area manager. It was found It wasnt suitable for me as I could relocate around the uk at the time, so I was asked if I'd be interested in a store management position. I said yes and has another interview set up later that week. This time it was with a regional manager and one of the senior directors, again at the head office in Nuneaton. This interview lasted about one hour and was very formal. It wasn't too hard, but I got through. They said I would know the outcome of the interview within two weeks. They got back to me about 10 days later to offer me the role of store manager.

Interview Questions

• The usual, not the hardest interview, just make you feel uncomfortable by grilling you. Very formal setting in a side office with glass walls so you can see all the other head office staff etc. it was a series of tell me about your education at uni, your previous roles and what you have learnt etc. they didn't really put any scenarios in front of me just asked me things like how would you achieve your store K.P.I s etc. there was no maths test type thing. Just the formal interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Zero. As my first post university full time role, I took what was offered.