Hollister Co. Model Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

1.8

Hollister Floor Model Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

I was approached at my college to apply. I was given an access code to apply with and within a week or two had an interview with a manager. After the interview I was asked to bring in paperwork and did a training. The training consisted of being left in the back room alone while the manager put in videos for me to watch. After that I was left on the floor alone without any training. The other employees were the ones helping me out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as they only agree to pay minimum wage.

Model Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hollister Co..

Interview

it was a group interview and the key was to show your personality in a professional yet "fun" manner. Eye contact helps as well as demonstrating your ability to work well with others will get you noticed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the company?   1 Answer

Model/Brand Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (Coral Springs, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

There were a lot of people in my group interview, there were 9 people including myself. We went to an area in the back of the store to do the interview and the assistant manager was conducting it. She only asked 4 questions. It was quick and easy for the most part.

Model/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (Daly City, CA).

Interview

Group Interview with 10 other people where they asked us simple theft prevention scenarios and customer scenarios where they are trying to return something without it being the same condition

Interview Questions

• 3 Words that describes Hollister to you   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hollister Co. in October 2016.

Interview

The first step is filling out an online application. At the end of the application, it will list all of the interview dates and times that you can attend, and you have to select one yourself. They won't call you or notify you, you just have to go in to the store at that time and say you're there for an interview. It was given in a group setting, myself and 3 other people in the food court. Really laid back and casual. Wear clothing that reflects the vibe- I wore all Hollister- white jean shorts, a navy blue flowy top, and brown sandals. You don't have to wear Hollister clothing to the interview or even as an employee, as long as it looks like something they would sell and there are no logos showing. However, it's great if you do! Keep makeup and hair looking natural. The interviewer will ask the group a few questions and have everyone answer individually, go over important information, and then tell you to expect a call back within a week. If you don't get a call within that week, you probably didn't get the job. BE SURE to stand out from your group! Be bubbly, smile a lot, and answer your questions with confidence.Make conversation with the interviewer on the way to the food court or wherever they take you. I was called back the next day!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you needed to be outgoing and interactive with a group of people.   Answer Question
    • Describe your biggest accomplishment.   Answer Question
    • Who or what influences your style, and how would you use this to assist a customer?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to work with people from different backgrounds.   Answer Question

Floor Model Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hollister Co..

Interview

Usually done in a group interview, I happened to be the only person scheduled for that day so I was on my own. Quick and casual interview, make sure you're dressed as if you were already working there.

"Model" Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hollister Co..

Interview

Interview went great it was a group interview very fun and up beat but once i got hired did my paper work and brought about $75 dollars worth of hollister clothes which is almost mandatory they looked at me and a guy told me " ummm can you do the application over again for stock ?" I said why? i was hired for sales ... he said no i think that would be better (never met this man a day in my life) they are extremely racist... and unprofessional. I did the application and nobody ever reached out to me again after that.

Store Model Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hollister Co..

Interview

The interview was a group interview and they ask you questions about diversity and why it is important in the workplace.I said that i grew up in a very diverse place and knowing how to accept different people of various cultures and backgrounds has helped me to understand people in all aspects of life. On your second interview they ask you to come in but they dont tell you why. They actually had us model the clothing and took pictures of us. They did not tell us before we came in that this is what we were doing, and basically forced me to wear a dress which I did not want to. I was not prepared to be photographed and they did it right outside of the store in the mall.

Interview Questions

• What is diversity and why is it important in the workplace   1 Answer

Floor Model Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hollister Co..

Interview

I applied online and went in for the interview a couple days later. There were about 5 other people being interviewed with me and we all just sat in a circle and we took turns answering the questions.

Anonymous Employee in Cape Girardeau, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (Cape Girardeau, MO).

Interview

Interviewed in a group of of 5-6 other future employees. The questions were relatively simple...why do you want to work here? What are some strengths and weaknesses? One questions that kind of threw me off was "what is the only color Hollister does not sell?"

Interview Questions

• What is the only color that Hollister Co. doesn't sell?   1 Answer