Hollister Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017
1,236 Interview Reviews

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online in February but the only time they were interviewing was during March. Came in around 4:20 and my interview was at 4:40. The other group before me took very long so my interview didn't start until 5. It was only me and this guy and the questions were pretty simple. The interview only lasted about 10 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (Danbury, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

I was asked to fill out forms, then proceeded to take me to the food court to interview me in a quiet place. The manager then proceeded to ask me questions writing down pieces of what I was saying.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you worked with a diverse group of individuals and how that experience changed you as a person.   Answer Question

MIT (Manager In Training) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a email from the store manager the next day. We set up a day and time for the interview. After her I met with the DM days after.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when....questions were asked. They want to know about your previous jobs and experience.   Answer Question
    • Questions about how you handle difficult situations and your greatest accomplishment. Be positive and stay humble!   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (Orange, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Everyone is guaranteed an interview if applied online, not everyone is guaranteed a position though. Heard you have a higher chance if one of the associates walk up to you and offer a position i think.

Dress casually, nothing too formal like a suit and tie. I just wore a long sleeve shirt from Forever 21 with no logos, jeans, and vans. Dress like you are already working there.

This was my first official job interview so i was a bit stiff and self conscious and didn't appear quite as confident which probably lead to me not getting the job.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember his wording but something along the lines of what was one thing you had to do where you had to make sure the result was 100%   1 Answer
    • What's a fun fact about you/something fun you enjoy doing   1 Answer
    • Name a time where you had to work with people from different backgrounds   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covina, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (Covina, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Easy interview, simple questions, just wasn't a fan of the girl who interviewed me. She did mention in the beginning that throughout the process, she'd be writing everything down & she's not ignoring me. But the girl gave me 0 eye contact. She just looked down at the clipboard the whole time. So I just thought it was a little weird. Just kind of felt like I was talking to a wall the whole time. Easy interview though. Received an email right away about an interview right after I applied.

Hollister Floor Model Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

I was approached at my college to apply. I was given an access code to apply with and within a week or two had an interview with a manager. After the interview I was asked to bring in paperwork and did a training. The training consisted of being left in the back room alone while the manager put in videos for me to watch. After that I was left on the floor alone without any training. The other employees were the ones helping me out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as they only agree to pay minimum wage.

Model Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hollister Co..

Interview

it was a group interview and the key was to show your personality in a professional yet "fun" manner. Eye contact helps as well as demonstrating your ability to work well with others will get you noticed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the company?   1 Answer

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (Sugar Land, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Below average,Was asked set of 3 questions, Store manager explained the position Described next steps and benefits. Nothing too special interview process so was average, It was conducted in food court by store manager.

MIT/Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (West Palm Beach, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online via indeed.com and the next day the store manager called me to schedule an interview. It was a group interview with him. He was very nice guy and very helpful. Explained everything to us, the applicants. I got a call after 2 days for na interview with the DM. Waited 1.5 hours for the interview with the DM and looks really fine. I was very nervous but he seemed fine and cool. So many questions, took almost 1.5 hours. Negative... havent heard from them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Asked me a lot about my previous work experience.   Answer Question
    • How did you learn English (because I am Asian) lol
      Havent interviewed anyone from your country. How does education in your country.
      Answer Question
    • What was your greatest accomplishments?   Answer Question
    • Who is your fashion icon? Why is she your fashion icon?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (Mesquite, TX).

Interview

Her name was Monica and boy was she stunning. I could NOT help but stare at this miracuous angel interviewing me and laughing when I said something funny. She clearly believed my well thought answers and I left a good impression. Since a few days later I was hired in the spot.

Interview Questions

• How are you with people and situations?   1 Answer