Hollister Co. Manager In Training Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Manager In Training

Hollister Co. Manager In Training Interview Questions

Interviews at Hollister Co.

2.3

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (New Brunswick, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

Extremely easy interview. It is conducted by the District Manager of the area you are applying in. The interview itself takes place outside the store in the middle of the mall on the chairs you always see old people sleeping in. Interview lasts less than 30 minutes and I was told immediately after the questioning that I got the position.

Interview Questions

• Why is diversity important in a school or work environment?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hollister Co.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

When i applied on line I received and email to contact the store to schedule an appointment with the manager for an interview. A few days later I called the manager was very rude and not really friendly. I asked if i could schedule an interview, he quickly cut me off and said can you come in on tuesday or friday. I said Tuesday and then he said ok see you then and hung up. I blame my self and the manager for not asking for what position i was applying for.

The next day i drove an hour from my house to where the stores location was only to find out that the manager doesnt interview manager trainees. that i would have to speak with the district manager. So i returned a few days later to speak with the GM after , after my second hour long drive and after buying a shirt from the store to show that i support the company. the interview was quick and simple , they asked the same questions and I was not offered a position, I may have been too old for the stores vibe or too overweight.

Interview Questions

• give me an example where you needed to convince somebody?
      give me an example of your greatest accomplishments?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (San Jose, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process started off with a store manager approving you for the position. This is done by a meet and greet. After the meet and greet with the manager you do a sit down one on one interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you were faced with a difficult situation involving a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (Atlanta, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

I was asked basic personality and situational questions. Nothing to prep for! As long as you have experience that relates you're good! Just make sure you're answering the questions thoroughly. Show some personality, smile a lot and project your voice at a reasonable volume. Be confident!

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a time where you had to manage your time wisely, what did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hollister Co. in May 2015.

Interview

I met with the Store Manager the week before my actual interview with the District Manager. The SM went over the basics about the position with me. The following week I had an interview with the DM. It was a one-on-one interview and was very laid back. I previously worked as a model for Hollister and the interview process was pretty similar except that they go over more details about the job with you and ask you more questions but they're very easy.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time at school or work when you had to work with someone who has a different background than you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (Cerritos, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had applied the weekend before and was called the following Monday by the district manager to schedule an interview. I did my interview that Wednesday. It was very casual since it happened at a table across from the food court. She asked a few questions related to management and then asked if I had any other questions. That was it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to work with someone that was diverse from you and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to multitask several tasks? What did you do to complete it at a timely manner?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (Bellingham, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was pulled aside by the district manager who proceeded to interview me one on one. She asked me various questions about experience working in groups and reaching deadlines. I happened to be referred by my local manager for the interview who was nice enough to inform me of the different categories I would be graded on for the interview. Although the interviewer doesn't say it, apparently the whole interview is used to gauge an applicant's communication abilities and degree of outgoingness. After the interview the interviewer will give you a grade on both of these qualities based on how you responded to the questions as well as your general attitude throughout the interview.

Interview Questions

• When have you made a decision you knew would be unpopular among a group?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had several deadlines that had to be met at the same time.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time at work or school when you were given an assignment with minimal instructions that was beyond your training and experience.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time at work or school when you rallied your coworkers to get a project done.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (Albuquerque, NM) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and then called in to the store to see if they had gotten my application. The manager happened to be in so they scheduled me for an interview.

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hollister Co..

Interview

The interview process is prompt, within a week or so of submitting an online application, the store manager contacted me. She set up an interview at the store I applied to within the week. But the next day the District manager called and decided to interview me instead. I understand that the usual process, is first the store manager and then the district manager. The interview itself was pleasant because the district manager was very nice. The questions revolved around people relations, difficulties overcome, problems solved, and teamwork building. Overall, I thought we were both pleased with the interview. But then I revealed that I would be unavailable for a length of time right after the training period, and I think that was a deciding factor to my not getting an offer. Unfortunately, I was never contacted about whether or not I received an offer. So after a month passed I assumed that I would not be hearing anything.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had difficulty getting along with some different from you and how did you overcome that?   Answer Question
    • Has anyone ever been angry and upset with you, and how did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (Seattle, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

One to one interview with a recruiter was my first and only interview for the manager in training program. It was very informal and relaxed, the interviewer mentioned that she forgot to print off an interview guide. The interview was very consistent with the A&F style as the recruiter was in jeans and flip flops.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond what was asked of you?   Answer Question