Hollister Co. Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Hollister Co. Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jan 4, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview wait was for over an hour, the manager in charge of the interview didn't even interview me, someone else did since the original person decided to just leave. Overall interview process was very uncomfortable, questions at first seemed reasonable but then changed into something entirely different and unrelated with the store itself. Waste of my time and it was very messy, wish they'd fix everything about their hiring process and managers in charge.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview took a good 30 minuts (depending on group size). Very relaxed vibe, easy to feel confident. Try to sit in the middle of the group (if able) to listen and be ready to ask questions the was already asked to those next to you. Very helpful tip that worked out great for me.

Interview Questions

• What is one way you can up-sell merchandise?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (New York, NY).

Interview

Group interview with basic interview questions, nothing hard. Easy process and things move quickly. I was called two hours after my interview with an offer for the job. The interview process was with a group and not everyone was asked the same question.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (New York, NY).

Interview

I was the only one there interviewing. Very casual and straightforward. Asked about 5 or 6 questions, then talked to me about the hiring process. We sat at a table and she asked about what kinds of work I had done before, what people would say my personality is like. How I would make a good team member

Interview Questions

• How I would help a customer who didn't know exactly what they were working for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Eatontown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (Eatontown, NJ).

Interview

The interview is part of the online application. You pick a time and date for your interview- guaranteed. I went to the mall on my picked date and we sat on some couches in the middle of the mall. The person hired me on the spot. Asked me questions like, what's one of your most recent achievements? The hiring manager was reading the questions from a booklet and took some notes down. It was conversational and overall, good.

Interview Questions

• Why is diversity important?   1 Answer

Floor Model Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I was told to apply online by an employee. I scheduled an interview date online at the store in soho. I went in and it was supposed to be a group interview but there was only one other person. The interviewer brought us to a room that was downstairs in the back. She was nice and made the interview comfortable.

Interview Questions

• When was a time when you had to share/incorporate your culture?   Answer Question
    • What are two of your favorite trends and how will it help you here?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a straight forward interview. They usually are Group Interviews but I was the only one that showed up, the Interview took like 15-20 minutes(But it can vary on how many people show up/ or the questions and answers that are given) I thought I did terrible during the interview but I ended up getting the job.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you double checked something you did?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just be yourself and don't worry about the people around you think

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

It felt very shallow. Made me not want to work there after the interview. Waited for a long time before someone came to meet me. The person interviewing me made me feel uncomfortable because it seemed like she didn't want to be there. That being said I got the job and they give you a free outfit to wear to work but other than that the perks and discounts are not great and do not outweigh the negatives of working atmosphere at the store.

Model/Brand Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online and chose a date a few days after. It was a group interview with 4 other people and it was very fun and not serious. I wasn't nervous, just be very outgoing and confident. The interview lasted about thirty minutes. I got hired for a seasonal job (roughly 6 weeks).

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself, school, and age.
      Why did you apply to Hollister?
      Describe one time you worked in a group and had difficulty.
      What is one of your biggest accomplishment and why?
      What is one big project you recently did?
      Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

The process took two weeks. I went into the store and was given the website to apply online. You choose which day to go in for a group interview, and I went in the next day. There were two other people at my interview, although I believe interviews can go up to 6 people. They asked about my experience in retail, but mostly questions regarding situations as well as what I do in my free time. I had no previous experience working at all, while a girl in my group had experience in retail, and I got the job. Just be natural, be yourself, and by all means do not over dress for the interview. If you're a girl, don't wear heavy makeup and I suggest wearing your hair natural (don't curl it if you have straight hair or do any type of fancy hairstyle). I wore Hollister jeans, a tank top, and a flannel with converse. It's a relaxed environment and they want to see that you won't over do it. The assistant manager said we'd hear back a week later if we get the job, and I got the call for the job offer about a week and a half later.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you felt challenged or stressed out, and explain how you overcame or solved the situation   Answer Question