Hollister Co. Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

1.9

91 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (New York, NY).

Interview

Walked into the store to schedule an interview date. Was told to submit an application online. Soon after, I received an email within a week. Interviewed with DM. Very relaxing and fun interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (New York, NY).

Interview

It was about 30 minutes long. It was a group interview so everyone had to introduce themselves. Everyone had to answer 5 to 6 questions. The same questions were asked to everyone.

Interview Questions

• What brought you to Hollister?   1 Answer

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (Elizabeth, NJ).

Interview

The interview was at the food court. The interviewer was a mess. It was ridiculous they want you to have a college degree for the position but to act like a 9th grader.

Interview Questions

• Tell us one time you had to interact with a diverse population   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (New York, NY).

Interview

I appiled online and picked my day and time. It was a group interview and it was a quick interview. It lasted for about 15 minutes. Some of the questions were easy but others caught me off guard

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to work with someone that had a different or unfamiliar background?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and picked interview time. Went to the store. Did a group interview with 3 other people that lasted about 20-30 minutes. Was told when we could expect to hear back

Interview Questions

• What are you wearing today and why/how did you pick that outfit?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online in February but the only time they were interviewing was during March. Came in around 4:20 and my interview was at 4:40. The other group before me took very long so my interview didn't start until 5. It was only me and this guy and the questions were pretty simple. The interview only lasted about 10 minutes.

MIT (Manager In Training) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a email from the store manager the next day. We set up a day and time for the interview. After her I met with the DM days after.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when....questions were asked. They want to know about your previous jobs and experience.   Answer Question
    • Questions about how you handle difficult situations and your greatest accomplishment. Be positive and stay humble!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the way hollister interview scheduling works is you get to pick the day and time you want to come in. I chose a day and a time and on that day it happened to be raining so I was about 15 minutes late. When I arrived I told an associate I was there for an interview and they grabbed a manager who told to wait by the chairs for a few moments. A few minutes later the manager came over and pulled me into a dark corner to have the interview, it only lasted about 15 minutes and then he told me he would call within a week on whether I was hired or not. Two days later I received a call letting me know I was hired and when to come in for orientation!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview wait was for over an hour, the manager in charge of the interview didn't even interview me, someone else did since the original person decided to just leave. Overall interview process was very uncomfortable, questions at first seemed reasonable but then changed into something entirely different and unrelated with the store itself. Waste of my time and it was very messy, wish they'd fix everything about their hiring process and managers in charge.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview took a good 30 minuts (depending on group size). Very relaxed vibe, easy to feel confident. Try to sit in the middle of the group (if able) to listen and be ready to ask questions the was already asked to those next to you. Very helpful tip that worked out great for me.

Interview Questions

• What is one way you can up-sell merchandise?   1 Answer