Hollywood Video Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hollywood Video Interview Questions

2.0

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hollywood Video.

Interview

I was taken into management's office and had a one on one with the store manager. The same day, I was asked to interview with the district manager. At that interview, I was with three other candidates, we were asked questions about our experience, life goals, and movies.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Which movie would you use to describe your life?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hollywood Video.

Interview

Easy, common questions. In person and only one interview with the manager. Might feel overdressed with a tie and slacks as I was out dressing the manager, they even mentioned it to me.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hollywood Video.

Interview

Simple phone interview, a round-table interview with managers from other stores. and tour of a store, then one on one with the district manager. Very easy and comfortable setting, nothing extreme.

Interview Questions

• What is one main characteristic that you use to select a team member.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hollywood Video.

Interview

Very friendly and detailed interview. It showed me right away that they were looking for responsible and trustworthy people, but it was also important to be a movie lover. I thought that was just great!

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Torrance, CA).

Interview

You answer questions that have three choices but need to be answered to the extreme or else you will be docked points. The interview process was easy and the store director just needs to like you.

Negotiation

There is none. It's min wage.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Pretty simple, asked about how trustworthy I was. Interviewed with the manager who asked about my personal experience with people and how my communication skills were.

Negotiation

Very Simple

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Wilsonville, OR) in December 2011.

Interview

I was given a phone interview with recruiter. After a few days I was then contacted and then in person with the department that I applied for. I sat down with the recruiter when I got there and then they brought me to the department and went on a tour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Customer service experience, how do you make a sandwich, what is your favorite movie   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Queens Village, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Queens Village, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

It was an entertaining interview. Felt very lax. First interview was with store manager. Talked in the back room about favorite movies and games. Overall mood was very casual. Nothing difficult at all, was very enjoyable. The attitude and nature of the review reflected the in store vibe and because it was positive from the get go, I knew it would be enjoyable to work there early on.

Interview Questions

• Again, there wasn't anything difficult about the interview. One that I hesitated on was where do you see yourself in 5 years, and then in 10.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation as it was my first job. The first interview led to an interview with the district manager, who called a few days after the first interview. The conversation/interview was even more casual than the last! We walked around the store and talked about how the manager felt about me in the first interview, and then about the movies and games we walked by during the actual interview.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Seattle, WA) in July 2010.

Interview

Hiring process was good very through training. I filled out a paper job application to get the job. I filled it out in person and I was called back in within a week for a one on one interview then I was called back and hired for the job.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2010.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process; 1 with a senior manager and 1 with a district manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Im a terrible negotiator so there was no phase