Hollywood Video Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hollywood Video Interview Questions

Updated Jan 31, 2017

2.0

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hollywood Video in May 2010.

Interview

had to have 3 phone interviews and drive to Portland which is 70 miles away to get to the point of getting an offer. I interviewed with a district manager then the human resources manager and finally the regional manager. They wanted me to transfer to their area but I could not accomidate them.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Wilsonville, OR) in December 2011.

Interview

I was given a phone interview with recruiter. After a few days I was then contacted and then in person with the department that I applied for. I sat down with the recruiter when I got there and then they brought me to the department and went on a tour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Customer service experience, how do you make a sandwich, what is your favorite movie   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hollywood Video.

Interview

Simple phone interview, a round-table interview with managers from other stores. and tour of a store, then one on one with the district manager. Very easy and comfortable setting, nothing extreme.

Interview Questions

• What is one main characteristic that you use to select a team member.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hollywood Video.

Interview

Very friendly and detailed interview. It showed me right away that they were looking for responsible and trustworthy people, but it was also important to be a movie lover. I thought that was just great!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (San Jose, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

the manager during the interview asked me to try to sell a pen. I did not sell it too well but he must have been amazed by my other answers. Also asked my favorite movie. I don't even like movies.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Seattle, WA) in August 2008.

Interview

One on one interveiw regarding experience and qualifications

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength   1 Answer

Shift Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hollywood Video in March 2010.

Interview

Long and drawn out. Ended up having 4 different interviews.

Interview Questions

• Asked to practice selling MVP card and preorder... was told that that was the most important part of the hiring process   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hollywood Video in December 2009.

Interview

I was interviewed then got a call back. That was it.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Reno, NV) in June 2009.

Interview

Had a very nice interview which ended with the District Manager telling me things look good and we will proceed tot he next step which would be an interview with a Regioanl Manager. Sent a follow-up email and was told sorry job is not being offered any more they are transferring in a manager from another state.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hollywood Video.

Interview

I was taken into management's office and had a one on one with the store manager. The same day, I was asked to interview with the district manager. At that interview, I was with three other candidates, we were asked questions about our experience, life goals, and movies.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Which movie would you use to describe your life?
      Answer Question