Hollywood Video Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hollywood Video Interview Questions

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Stockton, CA) in November 2008.

Interview

the interview was a very professional one on one inteview. have to interview twice. first with store director and second of all is with the district manager. It first look like it was going to be hard because I knew nothing about videos. but at the end everything seemed to be smooth.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salinas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Salinas, CA) in October 2008.

Interview

I was first interviewed by the outgoing store manager. He wasn't very pleasant but I guess I impressed enough to get a bump to an interview with the DM. I then interviewed with the RM and got the position.

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation where you were faced with a tough decision?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate much. I took 2 dollars above the original offer.

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Brentwood, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

I applied via their website and spent 45-50 minutes doing the unicron personality test. A week after applying I received a call and was asked a couple of questions about my scheduling and if I was willing to accept this job for the minimum wage. Went in for the group interview and spent 4-5 hours going over the store and things I would do and watched safety videos.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question when I was interviewed was if I enjoyed mopping.   Answer Question

Gsi Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Kalamazoo, MI) in June 2009.

Interview

Called in for an interview and spoke with the store manager who asked a couple questions about my past work experience and some simple behavioral questions about interactions with customers or projects I've done, my strengths etc, usual stuff. It's a video store so the process isn't very intense, they just want to make sure you aren't going to steal from them.

Interview Questions

• Asked me what I would do if a customer complained about their late fee.   2 Answers

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Houston, TX) in April 2008.

Interview

I had to go through 3 interviews which I don't know why. I thought it was a little much for a job where I would be renting videos to people. The first interview was with the assistant manager. She wasn't very smart, but she wanted to get to know me. I don't think she had any say in the process. Second interview was lame as well, just a few questions. Third interview was the important one.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Pretty simple, asked about how trustworthy I was. Interviewed with the manager who asked about my personal experience with people and how my communication skills were.

Negotiation

Very Simple

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2010.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process; 1 with a senior manager and 1 with a district manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Im a terrible negotiator so there was no phase

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Torrance, CA).

Interview

You answer questions that have three choices but need to be answered to the extreme or else you will be docked points. The interview process was easy and the store director just needs to like you.

Negotiation

There is none. It's min wage.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westwood, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Westwood, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

I had gone in to ask if there was any applications for the position that was available. After filling out an application and returning it the next day I was promptly called back for a interview a few days later. I was told to come in with a blue collar shirt, black slacks, and comfortable shoes. After a few questions regarding why I wanted to work there, (I was in school at the time) I was hired on the spot after the end of the interview. I was to start work the following week and I would begin training the next day. My manager was extremely nice and if not for him I would not have begun my career in customer service.

Interview Questions

• I was faced with the question of "What do I know about movies?" I admittedly did not know much, however I knew that I could help customers find what they needed using the system in place and in an efficient manner.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hollywood Video.

Interview

Easy, common questions. In person and only one interview with the manager. Might feel overdressed with a tie and slacks as I was out dressing the manager, they even mentioned it to me.