Hollywood Video Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 31, 2017

2.0

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westwood, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Westwood, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

I had gone in to ask if there was any applications for the position that was available. After filling out an application and returning it the next day I was promptly called back for a interview a few days later. I was told to come in with a blue collar shirt, black slacks, and comfortable shoes. After a few questions regarding why I wanted to work there, (I was in school at the time) I was hired on the spot after the end of the interview. I was to start work the following week and I would begin training the next day. My manager was extremely nice and if not for him I would not have begun my career in customer service.

Interview Questions

• I was faced with the question of "What do I know about movies?" I admittedly did not know much, however I knew that I could help customers find what they needed using the system in place and in an efficient manner.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (San Jose, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

the manager during the interview asked me to try to sell a pen. I did not sell it too well but he must have been amazed by my other answers. Also asked my favorite movie. I don't even like movies.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Reno, NV) in June 2009.

Interview

Had a very nice interview which ended with the District Manager telling me things look good and we will proceed tot he next step which would be an interview with a Regioanl Manager. Sent a follow-up email and was told sorry job is not being offered any more they are transferring in a manager from another state.

Gsi Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Kalamazoo, MI) in June 2009.

Interview

Called in for an interview and spoke with the store manager who asked a couple questions about my past work experience and some simple behavioral questions about interactions with customers or projects I've done, my strengths etc, usual stuff. It's a video store so the process isn't very intense, they just want to make sure you aren't going to steal from them.

Interview Questions

• Asked me what I would do if a customer complained about their late fee.   2 Answers

Guest Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Chico, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Only had 1 interview. The questions were pretty basic interview questions-why do you want to work here, please tell me about your self, etc. The most prominent question was to say what you favorite movie was and why. I would say try to tell them something that is not of the typical "block busters" and something that shows more of your particular movie interests.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite movie and why?   1 Answer

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Stockton, CA) in November 2008.

Interview

the interview was a very professional one on one inteview. have to interview twice. first with store director and second of all is with the district manager. It first look like it was going to be hard because I knew nothing about videos. but at the end everything seemed to be smooth.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salinas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Salinas, CA) in October 2008.

Interview

I was first interviewed by the outgoing store manager. He wasn't very pleasant but I guess I impressed enough to get a bump to an interview with the DM. I then interviewed with the RM and got the position.

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation where you were faced with a tough decision?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate much. I took 2 dollars above the original offer.

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Brentwood, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

I applied via their website and spent 45-50 minutes doing the unicron personality test. A week after applying I received a call and was asked a couple of questions about my scheduling and if I was willing to accept this job for the minimum wage. Went in for the group interview and spent 4-5 hours going over the store and things I would do and watched safety videos.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question when I was interviewed was if I enjoyed mopping.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Seattle, WA) in August 2008.

Interview

One on one interveiw regarding experience and qualifications

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength   1 Answer

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Martinez, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hollywood Video (Martinez, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

There was an online application which asked a few multiple choice questions about your personality. Then there was a 1 on 1 interview with the store manager with very generic questions, and then there was a brief interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer