Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.8

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt in October 2017.

Interview

In house interview. 3 back-to-back interviews with managers or higher level management. Very personable and relaxed interviewers. Not a single behavioral conversation. All three interviewers were very friendly and conversational.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt in May 2017.

Interview

I had to interview for a full-time position after I completed my internship. I interviewed with a partner, principal, and a senior manager. Afterwards, I went out to lunch with two staff members to discuss what they do and how they like their jobs.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt.

Interview

The interviewer mostly just asked me questions and gave me input on all responses. She also explained exactly what the program entails and what will be the next steps in this recruiting process.

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

School interview-office interview. school interview is mostly behavior questions, and the interviewers are very nice and I got to share my personal stories. the office interview is the whole day, three back to back interviews with managers and an accounting test. also there were presentations with the founders. But, after everything I have done, they sent rejections and when I followed up with emails after that, they never replied. It felt like as long as you are rejected, they don't even care about your questions and won't bother to even look at them. I felt disrespected.

Tax Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt in October 2016.

Interview

on campus, it is one on one, i was asked by 10 behavior questions consecutively without break. and the interview lasted for 30 minutes. the interview was difficult and the interviewer keep looking the clock which really stressed me. and i have to respond quickly, some questions are very tricky. the next question is related to the last question. so be prepared

IT Helpdesk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt (Westlake Village, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

It was very organized and the questions we're applicable to the position I was applying for. There were two steps in the interview, initiated by a HR representative. When she forwarded me to the IT team, they scheduled a more in depth interview talking about my IT skills.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was very casual. They asked me to tell them about myself, why accounting, and why I selected the school I currently study at. Know your resume well because questions will come up regarding on what you put on your resume. Also, be confident in the way that you present yourself. Two recruiters came to my campus to interview all the candidates and one was known to be harder than the other. Do not label them as such because they are just trying to see how you react to hard questions/ uncomfortable situations.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Mirada, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt (La Mirada, CA).

Interview

Normal interview process a few steps to go through, recruiters are on top of things when it comes to emails and responding. In house interview has a skills test right away, they let you know what to study for in an email I recommend knowing it front and back.

Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt (Long Beach, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward and easy. The interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to. Questions were very easy, mostly behavioral type questions. Just walk into the interview very confident, and you'll be fine.

Tax Senior Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt.

Interview

I applied online and received an email within a day or two to set up a phone screening. The phone screening was about a 45 minute phone call with a recruiter just asking typical interview questions (strengths, weaknesses, experience). A few days later I was informed my resume would be forwarded to the branch I applied at. I haven't been contacted by the branch yet (about a week ago).