Home Care Assistance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Staffing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Home Care Assistance (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online, the next day I received a email about a phone interview. I had the phone interview the same day. The next day I received a email about a face to face interview. The interview was about 20 minutes. 6 days later I received a call from the Director telling me I didn't get the job. Overall, I met some nice people even though I didn't get the job.

CNA Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Care Assistance.

Interview

Come in on open house to fill out a applications. They said they will contact if interested. Stop will open house to fill out applications. Its misleading. They send me a rejection mail. Never again will I waste gas to these open house. Make applications online to save the gas.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Home Care Assistance (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Their main office is in Lincoln, so when you go to Omaha, it appears as if they are just leasing a small office from a different company. The owners of this franchise are very nice, approachable, and upfront with you about company policies and everything. The interview was a very standard interview, no complex questions or anything that made me nervous.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation! "This is what we offer someone with your experience."

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Home Care Assistance (La Jolla, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

They ask about your previous clients and your job duties, they ask what your familiar with that pertains to the job description. If they like you they will ask you for a finger print screening and to sign background check papers, and also ask to get a drug screening, and when all checks out usually with in a week they will offer a client that fits your experience

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with dementia patients   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kentfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Home Care Assistance (Kentfield, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Simple questions, lengthy paperwork. Many home care agencies are desperate for good employees so if they see a candidate as viable the process is relatively easy. A background check is required as is an outside TB test so you have to be willing to do a few steps outside of the actual interview in order to be completely hired.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you looking for and what days can you work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Castle Rock, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Home Care Assistance (Castle Rock, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

I was asked what my interest in caregiving was. I was told that I needed to complete an online assessment as well as drug test and background check. I haven't done a drug test nor the online assessment but was hired and have worked with clients.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Care Assistance (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

One day and can do walk in interview. It's very easy and practical questions. You can do referral as well as long as has a good background. Compassionate candidate is a must.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Casual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tracy, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Care Assistance (Tracy, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Recruiter called in to come for an interview.
    I went in and they had me fill out a paper application.
    I already completed the online application and they thought I didn't but then they found it. They asked basic questions such as caregiver experience... how do I handle stress.. etc. Interviewer kept leaving saying she forgot to send emails and to hold on.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress?   Answer Question
    • What was the best experience you had when dealing with a client that made you think that caregiving is what you want to do for the rest of your life?   Answer Question

Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Home Care Assistance.

Interview

Invited to come in and fill out an application, go through a screening and background check and then if screening and check pass they schedule a personal face-to-face interview. They paid for the background check. Then, I waited for their phone call. They called me when they received the results of the background check and called me in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Home Care Assistance (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online they called me and did a phone interview. They then called me in the main office for a in person interview. I was asked to attend orientation later that week. Very easy and quick process!

Interview Questions

• What care-giving experience did I have. Why do I want to work as a caregiver.   Answer Question