Home Depot Canada Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.6

161 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Home Depot Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Typical interview process - describe leadership and walk through previous roles on resume. how have you improved a process. Talk about previous roles and how it relates to the role you are applying for. Big discussion on Communication and effective leadership. Remainder of questions were typical behaviourial based questions - name a time you had a conflict with someone, a difficult situation...

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Walk me through your previous experience (resume)   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrie, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Depot Canada (Barrie, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Called for a phone interview with regional staffing. Asked about 5-10 questions on past experiences and different situations. She then scheduled an in-store interview with department manager. During the interview with department interview, i was interviewed by a different manager from a different department (two diffenent job interviews in one). After that i was scheduled for an interview with the store manager. I havent done it yet.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with an extremely disgruntled customer.   Answer Question

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Home Depot Canada (Vernon, BC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial telephone Interview with Human Resources Specialist who set up a 2nd in person interview at Home Depot with MET Supervisor who then set up a 3rd in person interviews at Home Depot a week later with the MET District Manager. Received a Do Not Respond email 5 days after the 3rd interview Thanking me for my time and letting me know that although I had great experience it did not align with the talent they were looking for. I believe the key factors for not receiving an offer of employment were availability and wage. Although the position was advertised as part time 15 to 25 hours per week, Home Depot's preferred candidates would be available full time 8 hours per day Mon Fri up to 40 hours per week with starting wage $12.00 to $14.00 per hour.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Home Depot Canada (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Hi there ,
    I just had my interview on the position sales associate kitchen and bath department, the interview was good all the questions were expected I read them all in this website, the same day I received a call from them asking me for another appointment is anyone know what's the second interview about? What's the point? I got confused

Interview Questions

• What are you gana do with the rude customer? With the customer asking about stuff we don't currying it ?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Home Depot Canada.

Interview

I saw a job posting and was first directed to apply online, if they like what you have to offer you then get a phone interview. Mine was a few days after applying online, once you pass that interview, you are offered an in-store interview with two members of management, if they are still interested, you move on to the next step of the process. I was called a few days later for another instore interview, this time it was with Store Manager which resulted in a job offer

Interview Questions

• What can you do for us other candidates cant?
      Explain how you would be an asset to this company.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Home Depot Canada (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

I came there on time and the interviewers were ready for me. They were friendly and honest about the description of the job. I did three interviews. The first was from the Job Fair (I am not sure what her position is), the second was from the Head of the Department and the third was from the Assistant Manager.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Home Depot Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Sent in Resume, had phone interview, then 2 in person interviews. Interviews were about 5 days apart. I met with the department manager and then the store manager. All the employees I ran into were very friendly. Causal environment. People were nice.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you got great customer service   1 Answer

Negotiation

More like...here's what we pay. Do you accept or not?

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Depot Canada.

Interview

Many people waiting in que and 9 home depot employee interviewed 9 people in a room. 1 employee -1 interviewee. It was Spring hiring event. It happened in almost all the home depot outlet all together. All the candidates need to wait in que and after that you would be be a given a number and based on that you would be called.

Interview Questions

• Questions are quite formatted :what made you interested to work for home depot. Describe a difficult situation in customer handling. Preferred areas of work etc   Answer Question

Seasonal/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Home Depot Canada (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the position and was emailed the next day inviting me to their job fair. Upon arriving I filled out a quick application and olwas interviewed by one of six customer service associates available. They liked my answers so I was invited back for another interview that night. I was interviewed by two department managers who asked situational questions​. I was then contacted about a week later asking me to come in to meet with HR. I was asked two questions and was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at Home Depot?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a customer asked for help but you didn't know the answer   1 Answer
    • what would you do if a customer looked confused   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was take it or leave it.

Cashier, Service Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Home Depot Canada (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

I attended the Home Depot job fair. I was interviewed by one of the employees there for like 15 min. Before leaving I bagged another interview about 3 days later with the Human Resource Manager.