Home Goods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Home Goods Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2017

1.8

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Home Goods.

Interview

It was mainly getting to know you, first impressions are key because they are trying to see if you are a good fit for their front end. Very simple questions about your customer service past and experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Goods.

Interview

I got called in for an interview which took about 15 min I believe. I had applied on Snag a Job first and got a call about 1 or 2 weeks later asking if I was still interested and if I'd like to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what we sell here in Homegoods? What are we about? What's your past work expirience? Have you ever had a difficult customer and how what did you do? Basic questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Granada Hills, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Home Goods (Granada Hills, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Super easy, I was called in to come for an interview the next day after applying and calling the manager to make sure they got my application. The longest part was waiting for them to tell me if I got the job or not. You have to call them multiple times to check in.

Backroom Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Home Goods (El Segundo, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

They look over your application and talk to you about the position and your previous work experiences. The HomeGoods I went to had nice people and they made you feel comfortable and were straightforward about what they wanted.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working in a fast paced environment?   1 Answer
    • What other positions are you comfortable with or trying?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Home Goods.

Interview

Very quick and easy. It was my first time applying for a job and my first interview ever. It only took about 10 minutes. I followed up after a couple days and they said they needed to check references (which they really did. If you have no real job experience like I did, have some teachers that know you well be your references.) and a few days later I got the job. The manager asked very easy, typical interview questions, pretty much read them off a script. The whole process from the day I turned in my application and resume to the day I started working took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Home Goods.

Interview

Easy, simple, couple questions about strengths/weaknesses, and about the company. The manager was nice, but it took a while to get an interview I called back many times about my application to get in touch with the hiring manager

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Home Goods (Dunwoody, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

40 min interview where Loss Prevention Manager spent most of the time talking about himself and how he got to his position. Got distinct impression he wasn't interested in hiring me. Overall impression is he wants young people in their twenties and not willing to hire those older.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Home Goods (Elk Grove, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I sat down with the assistant manager and she asked me very basic questions and had me talk about myself. I told her about graduating high school and that I got good grades throughout my life, and talked about extracurricular things I did outside of school. It went really smoothly and there was no reason to be nervous at all. Later, I had a second interview with the other assistant manager who asked me nearly identical questions. It was a little bit more difficult because she wasn't quite as nice or understanding to me, but overall it was not difficult and went really well.

Interview Questions

• What does "working with a sense of urgency" mean to you?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Passaic, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Home Goods (Passaic, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was a great experience. I spoke to the District Manager and a Store Manager. I am waiting to hear back from the company. Overall, I would recommend everyone to apply for Homegoods. It's an awesome company.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Home Goods (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called a few days after applying in person. I went in for the interview a few days later and was hired on the spot after a one on one interview with a manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you received great customer service?   Answer Question