Home Instead Senior Care Caregiver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Home Instead Senior Care Caregiver Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Wichita, KS) in January 2017.

Interview

Invited to interview a day after applying. There was only 1, short interview before I got hired. I missed the orientation for that cycle so I had to wait a month.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to handle someone who was unhappy at work and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Home Instead Senior Care

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The next day I got a call to schedule an in person interview. They will ask you to take assessment online and ideally must finish in 20 min. and then a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• What can you say about what you just read regarding the role of a caregiver and the salary?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Owensboro, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Owensboro, KY) in November 2016.

Interview

I filled out an application on-line and submitted it on a Thursday night and got called to schedule an interview the following Thursday. I interviewed on Tuesday and had my training on Wednesday and Thursday. The interview was very pleasant. I was asked about any previous caregiver experience, which I had none, but I wanted to get training and experience in the field since my mother-in-law has Alzheimer's. We talked about my other work and volunteer experience and then I got to choose what days and hours I would be available to work. I could even choose the gender of the clients (if I had a preference), smoking or non, even pets or no pets.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The pay rates are set.

Anonymous Employee in North Olmsted, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (North Olmsted, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very nice welcoming I felt comfortable I was greeted by both the secretary of the office and the hiring manager then the hiring manager and I set down and discussed if I was the perfect candidate for the job

Interview Questions

• If I was able to provide personal care as far as helping a senior with a shower   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Greenville, SC).

Interview

My interview was a great experience. The manager made me feel very welcome and at ease. Everyone in the office is super nice. I was there for about a total of 30 minutes and talked to the owner, too.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in being a caregiver?   1 Answer

Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in October 2016.

Interview

They called me on Thursday asked if I could come in Friday. I came in and it was a small office but very professional . they had me go sit in a office...there was many questions just going of my resume and experience...(8 years) she discussed the pay (highest paying place out of 4 places I interviewed at that week) she likes me and said that she would have to help me get registered with the state due the a new law. When she saw that I took it upon my self and did it already (a friend in home health told me )
    She was extremely excited because it just meant that a paper had to be done and submitted to the state changing my affiliation

Interview Questions

• what makes you a good caregiver   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't...they told me the pay which was a dollar more then minimum wage, told me if they had dementia oh would make 2 dollars more then minimum wage. Also some people who live further away are willing to pay mileage for a good caregiver but not always

Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Interview

The company don't show what jobs or what position are available, but they required employee provide all the peronal information first. I think the company should describe what possition they need, in order that the employee can look up and decide which position is suitable for them and then they can give personal information for that company.

Interview Questions

• Can you assist old people take a bath?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merced, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Merced, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

she asked me to tell her a little bit about myself and that she will be asking me questions about my quaifacations availability background check and if i can preform the duties

Interview Questions

• my skills avail willing to travel outside the area   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rockland, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Rockland, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was one of the best I have had. It did not have that pressure you feel in regular interviews. It was a relaxed environment that made it feel more like a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you would make a great addition to our team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Rancho Cordova, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interviewers were friendly, but the process is intense because the company wants to ensure they are hiring the right people for the job. It began with a phone interview, online assessment, and then an in person interview. At the in person one, I ended up interviewing with two separate people. I believe they usually do call backs for this instead of all in one day, but I am not 100% sure.