Home Instead Senior Care Caregiver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Home Instead Senior Care Caregiver Interview Questions

Interviews at Home Instead Senior Care

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Simi Valley, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

I responded to a Craigslist ad for Home Instead Senior Care caregivers. Craigslist is full of caregiving jobs, at least around where I live. A couple days later one of the staff at the company emailed back with a time to interview. Six references were requested.

The interview was in the conference room in their office. There was a video presentation of the values of the company and what the job as a caregiver entails. The interview was 1:1 with a staff member who became my supervisor. She asked about job history, work ethic, responsibility. I was given an option on whether or not I was willing to work with incontinent clients.

There were opportunities for salary advancement in 50¢ increments based on use of in-house education material.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't really an opening for negotiation. It's a basic, entry level caregiving position.

Other Interview Reviews for Home Instead Senior Care

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Concord, NC) in July 2009.

Interview

Very informative easy to learn the ways of training for the potion of caregiver, I liked the one on one time the interviewer gave to each and every one of us in orientation, she was eager to answer all of our questions and help us with the manual all made it comfortable for me when it was time for the training portion of the orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Evansville, IN) in December 2010.

Interview

I put in an application for Home Instead Senior Care in Evansville,IN online at snagajob.com. I was called the next day and asked a few questions about myself and the job I was applying for. During this call, an interview was set up for the next day. I went to the interview, where we talked about my availability, my experience, and my future both personally and with the company. The day after the interview, I was called and told I was hired and the orientation was the following Monday. I attended the orientation on Monday, and accepted the job I was offered.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel that you would be the one for the job?   1 Answer
    • Why do you think Home Instead Senior Care is a good business? And why do you think you would like working here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my availability because I am not available on nights or weekends. If you are available in any way to work nights or weekends, I would do so because a weekend incentive is given and it is well worth it. But, if u cant, they will find you clients and make it worth while. This is a very rewarding job, regardless of the pay/ hours you receive.

Anonymous Employee in Prescott, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Prescott, AZ) in March 2009.

Interview

I telephoned the company and made an appointment. They called me back, and set up an appointment. the interview was organized and planned, I spoke to two differnt people. I think its a great company, they give you freedom and its very diversified.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to work with people   1 Answer

Negotiation

no, its one fair wage for all.

Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Olympia, WA) in June 2010.

Interview

I called on the phone to ask if they were hiring, they said yes. I was told to come in and fill out an application. I checked back a few times to see if my application was reviewed, and was told that the person who interviews was on vacation. A few weeks later they called me for an interview. The following week I believe I had orientation. We had just began orientation when I was asked to go to another city and care for a alzhiemer client. My orientation was not completed or spoke about again. I miss a 3 hour shift in one year and was at the company's beck and call. I learned over time the owners and managment were decietful. They gave hours I earned through total alligence to new hires so they can have hours. They managed to find some bogus lie so they didn't have to pay me my PTO. They offer nothing for senority or a good empolyee. My immediate supervisor out right lied to me. The management goes into the computer and changes facts and there is NOTHING the employee can do to refute it. They munipneulate the Hand Book. The are horrible people to work for! HomeInstead the franchise they are under should be ashamed to have any connection with South Sound Senior Care LLC. They feel you should just take what ever they hand you and if you don't like it, tough! Move on!

Interview Questions

• tell me about your experience with past clients ?   1 Answer
    • Are you able to care for a client and not become personally involved?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Infact in 2011 they lowered their rate of pay.

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Gilbert, AZ) in January 2011.

Interview

Interviewed by staffer in one day interview. The were friendly and honest. The whole process was to make sure if you had the personality to care for seniors and if you had experience in the field. Once you get the job you have to go through a non paid 3 day training where you see some vids and go through a book and then take about five tests.
    You dont really get to see people at the office a lot you just talk to them on the phone abou clients needs and stuff.

Interview Questions

• If a client with alzeimers say you stole something of hers, what would you do?   1 Answer
    • Why would you like to work with seniors?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not really. If you take the job, dont forget to take care of yourself.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Houston, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online, got an e-mail that next business day to come in for an interview. Went in, very simple interview. Got a call that same day with a job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Salem, OR) in April 2013.

Interview

When submitting application, they required a copy of driver's license. Two weeks later I received a phone call from the office manager and set up an interview. The interview was brief and straightforward, a week later I was called in for a "second interview" which was actually a drug test, and invited to an orientation contingent upon the drug test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made a mistake on the job and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation unfortunately. You take the base pay or none at all.

Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Vero Beach, FL).

Interview

Tell them what you're comfortable doing, and your true knowledge of the tasks. They'll help train you if you need it. Be drug free! They check. Don't try to fake it, you can't. Scrubs, if unsure of interview wear. Skills, and a written test given. Turn your phone off for the interview. The seniors don't mind the tattoos, or purple hair as much as employers and family members do. So, simple hair style, pull back if long. Clean and simple.. No heavy jewelry. Wedding ring, and that's about it. Know what hours and days you can work. They make you get a Driver License record for 5 years or so. That cost $18, and the typical background check. I had to pay the $50 they reimbursed me after I got a paycheck or two.

Interview Questions

• didn't like them asking, What would change about myself? . And What's my worst quality?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Everyone gets paid the same. I do work weekends for the extra money. We have scheduled "holiday pay" with specific shift hours.

Anonymous Employee in Cookeville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Cookeville, TN) in June 2011.

Interview

Pretty standard interview. Why I wanted to work there. Why I wanted to work in the field, etc.

Interview Questions

• What would make you an asset to this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was my first real job so they offered me minimum wage, I told them about previous experience with elderly, Got it raised by $0.25 (7.75) at 8$ now 3 years later.