Home Instead Senior Care Caregiver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.0

92 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Spartanburg, SC) in October 2017.

Interview

I did an online application and and received an email the following day to call and set up a time to come in for an interview. I was asked a few questions and pretty much hired on the spot. Next step is an orientation and then training.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I could name to of my best qualities and was there anything about myself that I needed to work on.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Home Instead Senior Care

Anonymous Employee in Belleville, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Belleville, IL).

Interview

I applied on line and then I had an on the phone interview , then I got a call for a face to face interview and then I had to go for a background check and submitt an drivers license and car insurance

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to care for Seniors?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Fresno, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I had to call them several times before i got my interview.no communication on thier part.they said no expierence was nessary they would train and walk me thru process but i did not have het attention even as i ealked in. I later received a letter stati g they found a more qualified candiata.

Interview Questions

• Why do i want this job? Where do i sre mysrlf in 2 years.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Wilmington, NC).

Interview

applied in person gave me interview the next day, took about 45 minutes, they drug tested, and ran background check the same day, called the references the the next day,

Interview Questions

• tell me about your job experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Fort Collins, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call the same day to set up an interview. Interview was very relaxed, one on one. It was more of an open discussion rather than question/answer back and forth.

Interview Questions

• Give one example of a meaningful experience you spent with an elder   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (El Paso, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial interview was a waste of time. I was in the office for 10 minutes and was asked about my availability, when I could start, and a brief summary of my experience. My second interview was much better; I was asked more in depth questions related to my experiences and why I wanted a position with them. I learned more about the company and got to know my employer. After accepting a position and completing a drug screen, there was an orientation day to review skills and get to know the company overall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The next day I got a call to schedule an in person interview. They will ask you to take assessment online and ideally must finish in 20 min. and then a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• What can you say about what you just read regarding the role of a caregiver and the salary?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Wichita, KS) in January 2017.

Interview

Invited to interview a day after applying. There was only 1, short interview before I got hired. I missed the orientation for that cycle so I had to wait a month.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to handle someone who was unhappy at work and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was called the next day for an interview. I showed up early, had to fill out more paperwork and wait forever for someone to see me.
    The interview seemed very rushed. A lot of restrictions I listed (other jobs/work) were ignored after I was hired. My availability sheet is ignored as well. If you apply be sure to be strict and don't let them push you over. If you have restrictions or can only work certain hours, do not let them push you over and change it.
    This job seems to just interview and hire whoever applies. Doesn't get to know who the actual caregiver is.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Columbia, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

Asked questions based directly on resume and position specific questions. Asked for personal experience in regards to dementia and Alzheimer care, and how you handled the person with the condition.

Interview Questions

• How you handle a heated situation?   1 Answer