Home Instead Senior Care Home Health Aide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Home Instead Senior Care Home Health Aide Interview Questions

Interviews at Home Instead Senior Care

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Elk Grove, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

It was a thorough screening and interview . I also thought that there was consideration of the distance I traveled to do the interview so that was appreciated. Overall it was an acceptable process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with us?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Home Instead Senior Care

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Easy. Lots of paperwork. 30 question multiple choice exam. Drug test on the spot. Bring money to sign up for the state registry to be a home health aide requirement. They also require livescan FBI clearance to be done outside the office then give HR a copy.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience. It is very relaxed and casual. they ask your availability. Note* they will start you with the worse cases but hang in there as they have will give you more stable hours with one patient or a couple to relive in a regular basis in less than one month.   1 Answer

Home Health Aide Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in June 2018.

Interview

Pretty simple and easy. The woman that interviewed me was so straight forward and easy going. She made my interview process like a breeze. Short and simple questions. Not about this interview was hard.

Interview Questions

• How you every worked as a home health aide before? What is your expected pay? How do you feel about working someone on hospice?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Vero Beach, FL) in November 2012.

Interview

Phone interview first. Then I had to come in and do a face to face. I had to take a test as well as do a drug test, tuberculosis and a level-two backround check.

Interview Questions

• Whey do you want to help the elderly. Can you cook. Do you have your own transportation. They will not let you get dropped off at your shift by either a relative or a cab. You must have reliable transportation with working air conditioning.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Evansville, IN).

Interview

Desperate for help, easy interview. Definitely checked with references on my resume- all 4 of them. Phone interview, sit down interview (questioning) and had to take drug test and get a TB test. They will pay for those things, if you stay employed for 3 months or more.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working with elderly or dementia clients?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Toledo, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a normal interview. Asked some basic question on how i would handle certain situations. Plus did the background check and drug test and set me up for my orientation.

Interview Questions

• What would do if a client got upset and would not calm down.   2 Answers

Home Health Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in June 2017.

Interview

It was a very shady operation. I had previously filled out an application via Internet and completed the evaluation. When I drove over an hour for the interview they insisted I give them my social security card and drivers license for them to make a copy "Before" the interview. When I questioned this they were incredibly rude..thus I left. Very unprofessional office in a run down old house.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to copy my social security card and drivers license before the interview.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Rochester, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

It was very long and lengthy, She asked all the questions I think were apart of an interviewing exam? It was 2 pages of interview questions? It was my first interview after 9 years, but the owner Joy made It certain that they needed aides after I met her the day before. The interviewer wanted me to meet the nurse and the Owner (again), which I couldn't understand why? I told her I didn't mind waiting, which I did.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your achievements?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Hill, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Pleasant Hill, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

In person. Discussed my over-qualification and why I am willing to consider this job. The position was offered but we agreed to delay acceptance as there are other positions in play.

Anonymous Employee in Flemington, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Flemington, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

A lot of discussion of who we are. Simple questions friendly and welcoming office was always several people got involved and I was referred on to the next step...owners had the final say and everything worked out 100 percent they way it should ..........It was a process of background checks and testing and more testing.

Negotiation