Home Instead Senior Care Home Health Caregiver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Home Health Caregiver

Create your profile to get personalized information

Home Instead Senior Care Home Health Caregiver Interview Questions

Interviews at Home Instead Senior Care

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Hammond, LA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the company nurse, she was very professional and friendly. We talked about my previous experience as a caregiver. Then we talked about what was expected of me on the job. I was then asked if I could go that day to take a drug test. The interview lasted for about 30-40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Did I have any previous caregiver experience? Would I be willing to take a drug test? What hours would I be available to work? Would I be available for training classes?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Home Instead Senior Care

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Louisville, KY).

Interview

very easy. mainly what if's questions.
    the manager was very nice and friendly.
    a total of about 4 questions were asked, very easy once again to answer them.
    if offered a job, orientation is about 2-3 day process.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Columbus, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

This was a simply process that only took about 30 minutes. The employees were friendly and helpful. The questions were basic interview questions for such a position. She told me at the end that as long as my references checked out that I had the job. I was called within 3 business days to come in for my background check. There is a $30 fee for the background check. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Mechanicsburg, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

It was very pleasant. My interviewer was friendly and informative and helped walk me out to my car and clean off the snow that had fallen while we were talking. I didn't have a snow removal brush and I was very impressed! It was the weekend before Christmas and they had all spent the day wrapping and distributing gifts to clients who had no family. Very positive first impression!

Interview Questions

• Why did I choose them over all of the other home health businesses in the central Pennsylvania area?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't need to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Lewisburg, PA).

Interview

All of the staff very kind & considerate. The usual rigors of drug test, criminal background check, and finger printing.
    Interviewer was professional but not intimidating. She was pleasant. Is that enough words? May I please be free to leave page now

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had any type experience caring for fragile elderly and if so tell me about it.   1 Answer

Home Health Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Interview

Group Interview, very unperson-able, treats you like your inferior and unintelligent. There isn't much more to say besides this. You watch an orientation video for about 2 hours and then the management asks a couple routine questions and lets you know that there will be drug testing and a criminal back-round check. They then let you know if you got the job they will give you a call back. Leaving there with really no idea how long or when they will call, when I was walking out I made it a point to shake the manager's hand (I was the only one) and she called me by the wrong name.

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Portland, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview took 45-60 minutes. Went in depth about previous work experience. For Me, it was more like a conversation, than a interview. The interviewer was very nice. I recommend anyone to apply.

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Erie, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview process went well and was hired that day. I liked the staff, they seem to care about the potential caregiver needs. The interviewer listened. Gives incentives for variety of things.

Anonymous Employee in Collinsville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Collinsville, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Very brief and short, I was called in for the interview the same day. Did not ask me about my work history more about my personality questions. And how I would handle x if x.

Anonymous Employee in Adrian, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Adrian, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

I had worked in nursing homes and taken some medical courses. I discussed my experience with them. I discussed my education. I have a BA. I am looking for a job for supplemental income. I also had a CNA certificate from the state of Michigan that I earned. They also do a drug test, a background check.
    They said they needed fingerprinting but I am not sure that is something that needs to be done but they said I had to do it in order to get the jobs.

Interview Questions

• What are your personal hobbies or interests. They pair clients with caregivers so they are compatible.   1 Answer