Home Instead Senior Care Home Health Caregiver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Home Instead Senior Care Home Health Caregiver Interview Questions

Interviews at Home Instead Senior Care

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Hammond, LA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the company nurse, she was very professional and friendly. We talked about my previous experience as a caregiver. Then we talked about what was expected of me on the job. I was then asked if I could go that day to take a drug test. The interview lasted for about 30-40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Did I have any previous caregiver experience? Would I be willing to take a drug test? What hours would I be available to work? Would I be available for training classes?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Home Instead Senior Care

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Louisville, KY).

Interview

very easy. mainly what if's questions.
    the manager was very nice and friendly.
    a total of about 4 questions were asked, very easy once again to answer them.
    if offered a job, orientation is about 2-3 day process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Colorado Springs, CO) in April 2014.

Interview

The HR rep was seemingly kind and asked many good questions like what my passion for working with the elderly was and why I started in the field. She ended the interview telling me I was basically hired as I was over qualified for the position as it was and they would work to make sure I got paid appropriately. Days later I got a letter in the mail stating they had decided to go another way instead of just calling me like professionals.

Interview Questions

• I had a hard time accepting they were not professional enough to provide a call if they wanted to go another way considering in the interview they had prepared me for starting with them right away. Sending a letter was very cowardly.   Answer Question

Home Health Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in September 2014.

Interview

I was called for an interview within a week of submitting an application. Before my interview I was called again by someone trying to set up an interview. I went in and was given several forms to fill out. The interviewer then came in and asked me about questions concerning my ability to care for other your average interview questions about reliability etc. I was hired on the spot and did a drug test and scheduled for orientation. Orientation is only on Wednesday and Thursday from 8-4 making it very inconvenient if your a students who take classes during the day like me. The first day is all about the policies and procedures. The second day and Lpn comes in and teaches us about taking care of the clients.Also on the second day the scheduling team comes in and start to set up shifts if you have open availability or can do overnights you will most likely leave with shifts.

Interview Questions

• My previous job was working as a grader for my university and they asked how the skills I learned at that job could help me as a caregiver.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Adrian, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Adrian, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

I had worked in nursing homes and taken some medical courses. I discussed my experience with them. I discussed my education. I have a BA. I am looking for a job for supplemental income. I also had a CNA certificate from the state of Michigan that I earned. They also do a drug test, a background check.
    They said they needed fingerprinting but I am not sure that is something that needs to be done but they said I had to do it in order to get the jobs.

Interview Questions

• What are your personal hobbies or interests. They pair clients with caregivers so they are compatible.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Naples, FL) in July 2011.

Interview

Apply for a position, you get called for an orientation, then if you go through the orientation and training, you are offered a position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the client passed away while in your care.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The only thing you an negotiate is the times and days you are able to work.

Anonymous Employee in Jonesborough, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Jonesborough, TN) in March 2013.

Interview

It was very quick and easy. Caregivers are in demand. I was hired on the spot because of my past experience with Long-Term-Care. I was interviewed the day I turned in my application.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with the Senior community? How would you assist a client in public that used the bathroom on themselves?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The interview took about an hour. It was a match for me, because they work with the client and employee for a flexible work schedule.

You do get paid extra .50 cents on the mile for using your vehicle for clients needs. You may do errands, take shopping, or attend doctor appointments with the client. You have to be willing to do light housekeeping, laundry, and pet care if the client request it. Personal care in assisting with bathing and dressing. Medication reminders only.

I was in orientation the next day and started working the next Monday. You also get paid extra for working holidays Thanksgiving and Christmas at time and a half with other holidays at double pay. The only draw back is the hours are about 20 to 30 per week. You may have to take on extra clients to get hours. Clients may cancel due to illness or other various reasons leaving you short on hours. I attended orientation the next day and started work the Monday. I love working there, but I have not worked in several months due to illness in my family requiring me to be at home.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Columbus, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

This was a simply process that only took about 30 minutes. The employees were friendly and helpful. The questions were basic interview questions for such a position. She told me at the end that as long as my references checked out that I had the job. I was called within 3 business days to come in for my background check. There is a $30 fee for the background check. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Home Health Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Interview

Group Interview, very unperson-able, treats you like your inferior and unintelligent. There isn't much more to say besides this. You watch an orientation video for about 2 hours and then the management asks a couple routine questions and lets you know that there will be drug testing and a criminal back-round check. They then let you know if you got the job they will give you a call back. Leaving there with really no idea how long or when they will call, when I was walking out I made it a point to shake the manager's hand (I was the only one) and she called me by the wrong name.

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Lewisburg, PA).

Interview

All of the staff very kind & considerate. The usual rigors of drug test, criminal background check, and finger printing.
    Interviewer was professional but not intimidating. She was pleasant. Is that enough words? May I please be free to leave page now

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had any type experience caring for fragile elderly and if so tell me about it.   1 Answer