Home Instead Senior Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Home Instead Senior Care Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Wilmington, NC).

Interview

applied in person gave me interview the next day, took about 45 minutes, they drug tested, and ran background check the same day, called the references the the next day,

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Interview

I met with the manager and sat in her office while she asked me questions about my flexibility and schedule. The position required a lot of flexibility and hours worked. She had me sign papers the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Fort Collins, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call the same day to set up an interview. Interview was very relaxed, one on one. It was more of an open discussion rather than question/answer back and forth.

Interview Questions

• Give one example of a meaningful experience you spent with an elder   Answer Question

Home Health Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in June 2017.

Interview

It was a very shady operation. I had previously filled out an application via Internet and completed the evaluation. When I drove over an hour for the interview they insisted I give them my social security card and drivers license for them to make a copy "Before" the interview. When I questioned this they were incredibly rude..thus I left. Very unprofessional office in a run down old house.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to copy my social security card and drivers license before the interview.   2 Answers

Certified Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Spokane, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Very positive, upbeat personnel. The office all takes part in the interview process so that they can all get to know the interviewee. Everyone is very friendly. The staff showed me around the office, introduced me to everyone and were very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What hours I was willing to work.   1 Answer
    • How I handled a difficult co-worker in the past.   1 Answer

Staffing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Elk Grove Village, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

HI reached out to me based on my resume. After 2 brief phone conversations and several emails a phone interview was requested of me. I suggested a face to face and had the best interview I have had for a position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation with a client with dementia who was un happy with her care giver? What would you do first, call the daughter, client or caregiver and then resolve the problem.   1 Answer

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Omaha, NE) in March 2017.

Interview

This is a thorough interview process. After initial submission of online materials, including resume and a variety of written questions, there was a one hour phone call with an HR specialist that discussed general resume and interest in the role. This was followed by an in-person meeting with team members and manager, where the role was discussed in greater detail and experience was also discussed in depth. Following this interview was a very in-depth two hour meeting with the manager and HR specialist together, where the questions started in high school participation and experience and went all the way through my current employment.

Interview Questions

• What extra-curricular activities were you involved in during high school?   Answer Question
    • What is one thing your current manager would say you need to work on?   Answer Question
    • Name a person in high school who influenced you and how?   Answer Question
    • What do you like to do to relax yourself outside of work?   Answer Question
    • What's one thing you have really excelled at in your current role?   Answer Question
    • Name a time that you had to show integrity?   Answer Question

Home Health Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Evansville, IN).

Interview

Desperate for help, easy interview. Definitely checked with references on my resume- all 4 of them. Phone interview, sit down interview (questioning) and had to take drug test and get a TB test. They will pay for those things, if you stay employed for 3 months or more.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working with elderly or dementia clients?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The next day I got a call to schedule an in person interview. They will ask you to take assessment online and ideally must finish in 20 min. and then a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• What can you say about what you just read regarding the role of a caregiver and the salary?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Wichita, KS) in January 2017.

Interview

Invited to interview a day after applying. There was only 1, short interview before I got hired. I missed the orientation for that cycle so I had to wait a month.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to handle someone who was unhappy at work and how did you handle it.   Answer Question