Home Instead Senior Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Home Instead Senior Care

2.1

Recruitment and Engagement Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Little Rock, AR) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was contacted for a phone screening a few hours later. The phone screening happened on Monday, and I was invited for an in-person interview on Thursday. Before I continue elaborating on the experience, the minimum requirement for the position was listed as high school diploma and 1 year of general office experience. Thursday came and I went for my interview. 2 minutes into the chic chat, the hiring manager told me that I do not have the experience they are looking for. Mind you, I have a master's degree and at least 2 years of solid professional experience along with several internships with some Fortune 500. I was very confused to say the least. Afterwards, the hiring manager changed her words saying that they already decided to hire another person for the position, and she still wanted me to come in in-person so she could talk to me about another position that she thought I'd be a good fit for. I was like, okay...what is it? Then she went ahead of telling me the position which is an entry-level admin position that has the potential of stepping up to the position that I was interviewing for after 2 years or so, IF they have an opening then. The pay for the admin position is WAY below my expectation that communicated to her during the phone screening and my current position. The hiring manager was selling the position really hard to me, but I definitely did not think that my degree would be utilized for the admin position. Overall, the whole interview process was a huge waste of time for me. First of all, I spent hours preparing for the interview and researching about the company only to be told that they already offered the position to someone else before I was even interviewed. Secondly, the hiring manager could have told me about their decision on the phone, instead of having me to take time off work, drove to the interview site for a conversation that was less than 10 minutes. Besides, the hiring manager also made a comment that 'I'm too sweet to work in the HR position'. The whole process was extremely unprofessional and demeaning. I'd say learn how to write a solid job description first and learn how to respect your job candidates’ time and effort.

Care Giver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Spartanburg, SC) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview was quick. Just ask questions like your best qualities. Have you done that type of job and so forth. I got told to come in on Thursday for.ma orientation. 8:30-3:30. No pay. And I wasn’t even considered hired at that point. You also have to pay for your tb test , drug test , background check and your shirts(I believe). So yea that’s why I declined. I’m looking for a job not trying to pay out for one.

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Tuscaloosa, AL) in January 2020.

Interview

Super easy, more of just a conversation about why I wanted to work to enrich the wellbeing of others. It was a bit quick and I missed a lot of important questions I should’ve asked because I felt a bit rushed. So, don’t be afraid to press them.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (New York, NY) in October 2019.

Interview

I love workin with elderly people. I would like to teach elderly new things. Helping them doin things around there homes. Im hard outgoing person who tries their best at everything.

Interview Questions

• what are some benefits i would have?   Answer Question
    • what is the salary u pay bi weekely or weekly?   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard interview. Only wanted to share that if you think you will be sent an email or phone call after your second interview, don't hold your breath. A company that can not take the time to return a call or reply to an email leaves a bad impression on how much time they would give anyone.

Interview Questions

• Lots of "tell me about a time" questions - nothing unique or anything that I felt would allow an answer to relate to the position   Answer Question

Night Senior Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2019.

Interview

They called me for interview just to tell me for a fingerprints what can do with mail. After my fingerprints I sent them a lot of mails to ask for results and another question, but they never answer me correctly. My fingerprints was late in AHCA, and I ask for a help and more information, because I’m from Europe and we don’t have something like here ,and all is new for me and I was scared that someone still mu identity, but they never answered me Very unprofessional and incompetent.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rest, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Rest, VA).

Interview

Not intimidating and asked relevant questions. Asked back for a second interview and was allowed to speak with current employees. They check references and do background checks and random drug testing.

Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Murrieta, CA).

Interview

They emailed me with a date and time to contact them for the phone interview. During the phone interview, they asked basic questions about availability, why at the company, etc. After, I was asked to go in person to go over paperwork.

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care (Tuscaloosa, AL) in June 2019.

Interview

after submitting an application and they review it, the hiring manager calls you for a quick phone interview. Then, you will schedule an in-person interview. Lastly, they hold a training that last 4-6 hours to tell you all about the company, in which you will get paid for in 90 days of working there.

Interview Questions

• why do you think we should hire you?   1 Answer

Senior Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in April 2019.

Interview

Filled out application online. Received and interview request via email and telephone call the next day. interview was set up for the 3rd day. Had to fill out online paperwork prior to interview. Interview was about one half hour long.